Status: Active <3

Trouble

Melt Away

I had worried that after last night, Nathan would go weird on me, he seemed to be funny about everything lately, since the baby he was hesitant and held back, I guess he was worried that something we did might hurt the baby, which was fair enough, but I knew that the baby was safe, that we were fine.
I woke up to the sound of the shower running down the hall, smiling to myself I slid from the bed.
I pushed open the door and slid into the bathroom unnoticed, undressing and pulling open the shower door, Nathan turned “Good morning” He breathed, his eyes looking me up and down.
“It could be a better morning” I breathed, reaching him in an instant and pressing my lips to his, the water of the shower hitting me.
Nathan’s hands found my waist, sliding up and down along the wet skin as I kissed him.
Nathan guided me lightly aside, pressing me against the wall, his lips leaving mine, meeting the skin of my neck, causing me to gasp as he nibbled and licked the skin.
It was definetly a good idea to join him in the shower this morning, it seemed the tension would so easily melt away now.

“Hey, you heading off?” Nathan asked as I grabbed my eyes from the bench, he was just walking out from his room.
“Mmm, I have to go into work to grab something” I sighed.
“On your day off?” Nathan asked.
I nodded “I’ll be quick, then we can hang out” I shrugged.
“Sounds good” Nathan said “But have you eaten?” he asked.
“I’ll grab something on the walk” I shrugged.
“Maybe I could drive you, then we could go grab breakfast” Nathan offered.
“I’m going to be at least an hour, I have to organise a few things” I said.
“An hour’s not quick” Nathan mused.
“I know” I sighed.
“Is it work related? Can’t it wait until tomorrow?” Nathan asked.
“Partly, and also no, I have some work things to do, but I, I also have to pop in for an ultrasound” I mumbled.
Nathan frowned a little “Shouldn’t that be something we go to together?” He asked.
“It’s just routine…” I began.
“Routine? You’re having your first ultrasound, it’s usually something that the parents of the child are both present for” Nathan sighed.
“I didn’t want to bring it up” I mumbled.
“Why?” Nathan asked.
“Because last night, this morning, Nate, we were finally back to how we use to be…” I began.
“But you would have known about the appointment before” Nathan sighed, cutting me off.
“I only made it yesterday morning” I said.
“Do you not want me to be there?” Nathan asked.
“I, to be honest, I hadn’t even thought about you being there with me” I sighed.
“So, what, do you want me there or…” Nathan attempted.
“I, I guess” I shrugged, unsure.
“That’s assuring” Nathan sighed.
“What do you want me to say? That I’m over the moon you suggested it? Nate, I don’t know what this will do to us, I don’t know what I’ll feel when I see the baby for the first time” I breathed.
“Then all the better reason for me to be there, to support you” Nathan said.
I sighed and nodded “Ok, well we have to leave now” I said.
“I just need to pull on a different shirt” Nathan shrugged, he went to his bedroom and came out shortly.
“Ok” he said.

At the hospital, we were able to go in rather quickly, I guess that’s the perks of working there.
One of the nurses was setting up the machine for us, she was new and great at her job, we had gotten to talking lately and I was glad to be able to have made a new friend in her.
“Ready to see bub?” Lilly asked.
I sighed and nodded, Nathan gave no reaction as I lifted my shirt, revealing the tiny bump.
Lilly put the gel on the skin and began warming the machine.
Nathan stood aside, I knew that this was what would happen, and it was exactly why I didn’t want him there in the first place.
As she began the search, I staried at the screen, holding my breath.
It flickered, and made beeping noises, until finally, Lilly found the heart beat.
She smiled “Let me zoom in here” she said.
I felt an overwhelming sense of emotion flood through me and my hand quickly reached out, searching for Nathans.
He instantly moved closer, grabbing my hand as the screen became clearer.
“And here’s your baby” Lilly said, pointing to the tiny bean that I already knew was the baby.
My eyes filled with tears as I staried at the screen “Wow” I breathed.
“You can hear the heart beat, your baby’s strong for three months” Lilly smiled.
“That’s the heart beat?” For the first time since we entered the room, Nathan spoke, asking the question quietly.
Lilly nodded “That’s your baby’s heart beat” she said “Now, I’m just going to copy the image” She said, clicking with one hand as she held the machine with the other.
When she was done she gave me some paper to clean up the gel.
“Ok, so you know the protocol, I don’t need to tell you” Lilly said “I’ll see you tomorrow, we’re shift buddies” She added, grinning before leaving the room.
Silence.
Complete and utter silence surrounded us for a minute.
I was in shock, the feelings I had had about this baby before, they seemed to have faded away, now that I’d seen it, that I knew it was all real, my mind had completely changed.
“How do you feel?” Nathan asked breaking the silence.
“I, I feel stupid” I sighed.
“Why?” Nathan asked.
“Because this is our baby, and I should have never even thought about giving it up” I breathed, placing my hand over my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = more updates :P