Status: Active <3

Trouble

Wedding Bells

My eyes flickered open and instantly I was met by Nathan’s concerned face, my body felt cold, I was pressed against the carpeted floor, still in the church.
“Hey, hey, you’re awake” Nathan’s voice sounded, a few other people surrounded us, including Ashley and Brian.
I attempted to sit up, but pain rippled through me, instantly my hand went to my stomach “No” I whispered, shaking.
“The ambulance is on its way” Nathan said, and as if he was telling the future, the sirens sounded.
“What happened?” I asked.
“You’ve only been unconscious for a few minutes, you just, fell” Nathan breathed.
I shifted my body, bitting my gum to take away from the pain “Did I hit my head?” I asked.
“I don’t think so” Nathan said, he placed his hands on my arms “Don’t move” he said.
“I should be fine if I didn’t bump my head” I breathed.
“Let the paramedic’s be the judge of that” Nathan breathed, not letting me move any more.
Ashley crouched down “I knew that wasn’t nothing” She breathed “Why did you just shrug it off earlier, you were dizzy” She frowned.
“It’s your day Ash, I didn’t want my drama overshadowing it, like it has now, go enjoy your reception” I breathed.
“I’m not going until you get checked out and I know you’re ok” Ashley breathed.
“They’ll take me to the hospital, they’ll have to, they’ll have to check on the baby properly and they don’t have the equipment” I breathed.
“I’ll come to the hospital then” Ashley snapped.
“Ash” I breathed.
“No” Ashley said “You’re my best friend, I don’t care about anything else right now” she sighed.
The paramedic’s came in now, they assessed me as best they could before determining just as I had thought, that I needed to go to the hospital to have an ultrasound.
“We’ll follow in the car” Ashley announced.
“Ashley, go enjoy your wedding, you have photo’s to take and the reception later tonight, please, don’t make me feel worse than I already do” I sighed.
“Ok, then call me as soon as you know what’s going on” Ashley breathed.
I nodded.
The paramedic’s let me walk to the Ambulance and they drove me, Nathan followed in his car.
When we got there, they took me straight in for a urgent blood test before taking me into the wing for an ultrasound.
Nathan followed, the nurse who was taking the ultrasound checked my blood pressure, my heart and then began.
“Everything seems fine” She said after she had searched the screen “Your baby is perfectly fine” she added.
“The black out was due to your iron as indicated on the blood results they rushed through, you’ll need to have the off the shelf tablets for now on” The nurse said, she handed me something to take now to level out the iron and to help with not blacking out again.
“Ok, thanks” I said.
“I recommend that you have regular blood tests, whilst pregnant levels of everything can go out of wack” the nurse said.
“Mmm” I breathed, not wanting to comment, I knew all of that, and I felt so stupid for not thinking about it.
The nurse let us go and Nathan and I walked in silence for a while.
“You ok?” Nathan asked as we reached the car.
I bit my lip, shaking my head slightly before breathing out “I feel stupid” I breathed.
“Why?” Nathan asked.
“I know all of that about pregnancy, I know that iron can sometimes get dangerously low, and I didn’t think about myself” I sighed.
“You’ve had a lot on your mind, don’t feel stupid” Nathan sighed, grabbing my hand lightly “At least we know it wasn’t anything serious, and that you and bub are ok” he added, kissing me on the forehead.
I smiled weakly and nodded.
“Hey” Nathan said quickly “You look amazing by the way” he sounded, pulling open the car door for me.
“Thanks” I sighed.
“Don’t be all mopey” Nathan said, kissing my shoulder lightly as I slid past him.
“I’m sorry, it’s just, I’m a nurse, these things are suppose to be second nature” I breathed.
“But for your patients, not for yourself, baby, it’s different when it’s your own health, relax and let’s just go and enjoy what’s left of the wedding” Nathan said.

As soon as we entered the reception hall Ashley’s eyes flickered to us, she ran over, practically falling as she reached us “Are you ok?” She asked.
“I’m fine, baby’s fine, it was my iron levels” I sighed.
“Lucky it wasn’t anything serious” Ashley frowned “You scared me” She added.
“Join the club” Nathan mumbled, his hand was securely grasping mine.
“How does it feel to be someone’s wife?” I asked Ashley.
“Amazing” Ashley grinned “hey, let’s grab you some food, there’s still the main to come, we got them to delay, I was hoping you’d turn up” Ashley said, attempting to pull me towards the main table.
Nathan’s hand held a firm grip on mine “I need that” I commented.
“So do I” Nathan sighed.
“Nate” I breathed.
“I’ll be over there” Ashley said, sensing we needed a minute and taking off.
“I have to go up there with Ash” I commented.
“I know, I’ll let you go” Nathan breathed.
He didn’t let go.
“Letting go requires actually letting go” I said, smiling a small smile.
“I love you” Nathan said “You know that right?” he asked.
I nodded, leaning up and kissing him on the cheek before pulling my hand from his “I’ll come to your table after the main” I promised before taking off to the head table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!!
Here's part 2 :P
and thanks so much for the comments, much love :P

Simz <3