Status: Active <3

Trouble

Superman

After I reported Ryan to the board, all hell had broken loose, he started accusing me of things I hadn’t done, of lies I hadn’t told, he got really mad about the whole thing.
Eventually the hospital suspended him for a few months, because Nathan told them he didn’t want to press charges.
Which I was frustrated about.
It’s now been a week, and things are slowly coming back into focus, I was getting on track with work and diverting my attention from everything else.
This morning I was starting at ten, I made my way out of the apartment and down the steps, I decided to walk to work, walking slowly.
When I reached the walkway to the hospital, I spotted Ryan, I really didn’t want to see him, I was still beyond mad at what he had done and I couldn’t talk to him.
“Can we please talk?” he breathed as I reached him.
I shook my head, moving past him.
“Simona come on” Ryan breathed, grabbing my hand.
I angrily pulled from his grasp “No, you can’t expect me to let this go Ryan” I breathed.
“I just want us to try to get through this, I made a mistake…” Ryan attempted.
“If that was so you’d never have accused me of stupid things, you would have owned what you did, it wasn’t a mistake, it was something you did to hurt me, to hurt him” I whispered.
“I…” Ryan began.
“I was letting him go because of you Ryan, I was willing to move on, I wanted to be with you, and you screwed all of that up” I breathed.
“I’m sorry” Ryan sighed.
“Yeah” I said, shaking my head and turning, walking away.
I entered the hospital and went to get ready for my shifts, sighing as I spotted my ward again, the medication ward.
I walked to the rooms and did a few things, when I got to the last on the list, I sighed, it was Nathan again.
I knocked on the door before letting myself in.
“Hi” I said, I had successfully avoided him since I had found out he didn’t want to charge Ryan, I couldn’t understand his reasoning, and I hated that he was letting Ryan get away with what he did.
“Hey” Nathan said, he smiled a small smile “I was hoping it’d be you today” he added.
“Why?” I asked.
“I wanted to talk, and I didn’t know if I should call you” Nathan breathed.
“We don’t need to talk” I breathed, beginning to get the machine ready.
“Sim” Nathan sighed.
I didn’t respond, I just continued what I was doing, when I turned to him I noticed he was watching me.
I let out a breath, grabbing his arm lightly.
“You’re good at this” Nathan commented.
“Mmmm” I mumbled, feeling his arm for the best vein.
I noticed him cringe as I put a little more pressure “Does that hurt?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “it’s ok though, it’s always hurt” he shrugged.
“It shouldn’t though” I pointed out.
“My specialist said that the veins would be hurting for a while during chemo” Nathan said.
“Ok” I sighed, I found the vein and put the needle in before beginning the machine for the treatment.
“You can’t even talk to me now?” Nathan asked.
“I’m busy” I mumbled, attempting to move away, Nathan grabbed my hand lightly with his other one “I know you don’t like that I didn’t press charges against Ryan” he sighed.
“No, I don’t” I breathed.
“I don’t want to make a big deal out of this, ok, that’s why I let it go, I just want to move on” Nathan sighed.
“Fine, but I don’t agree with that” I shrugged, my hand was still in his, I bit my lip and looked at our hands for a second, before slowly pulling mine away.
“I have to go and do other things” I breathed.
“Ok” Nathan mumbled.
I cleared some things up quickly before leaving the room, leaning against the wall and letting out a shaky breath.

I was signing out when I spotted Lilly walk into the sign in room.
“Hey” She smiled.
“Hi Lil” I sighed.
“Tough day?” Lilly asked.
I nodded.
“Want to talk?” Lilly questioned.
“Not really, I just want to go home and relax” I sighed.
“I get it, well, I’ll see you tomorrow” Lilly smiled.
I nodded “See you tomorrow lil” I sighed as I left.
I was walking along the walkway, slowly as usual, when I heard my phone buzz, grabbing it, I stopped paying attention, checking the message as I walked.
“SIMONA!” A voice yelled out, I heard feet rushing towards me and suddenly a force pushed me to the ground, just as a car swerved, driving away.
I groaned, pulling myself up to sit and turning to see Nathan on the ground near by.
“Nate” I whispered.
He didn’t respond, though rippling pain pulsed through me I moved towards him “Nathan” I said softly.
He groaned, turning, and I let out a breath.
“What the hell did you do?” I asked.
“I saw the car” Nathan coughed, my eyes widened at the sound of his voice, it was gravely and strained, instantly setting off alarm bells.
“We need to get to the hospital” I breathed, we were lucky it was close by.
“Are you ok?” Nathan breathed, reaching an arm towards me.
“I’m fine, I’m more worried about you” I breathed, looking around, my bag was flung to the side, quickly I grabbed it, fighting the pain to grab my mobile, I called the desk directly to get someone to come out to help.
I was glad I got Lilly “Lil” I breathed “I need your help” I added.
“Ok, what is it?” Lilly asked.
I loved that she was so quick to say yes without knowing what I needed.
“Hard to explain but can you get two wheelchairs brought out to the path along the way” I said.
“Ok, I’ll come down with someone” Lilly said, instantly hanging up.
“Two?” Nathan croaked.
I sighed, not wanting to admit to him I was in pain “Why would you be so stupid?” I asked.
“I saw it happening Sim, I wasn’t going to let the car run you down’ Nathan frowned.
“Do you know how dangerous an injury is to you right now?” I sighed.
Nathan’s eyes focused on mine “I guess it’s just instinctive, I always want to be there to protect you” He croaked.
“You’re not superman” I reminded him.
I spotted Lilly coming over now, she was bolting when she saw me “What happened?” She demanded, helping me up, the person with the other wheelchair helped Nathan.
“I nearly got run over by a car” I sighed.
“And you?” She demanded of Nathan.
“He jumped to push me out of the way” I breathed.
“I take it your vocals aren’t crash hot” Lilly sounded.
Nathan shook his head.
We got pushed into the hospital to get checked over, my leg was badly bruised, but nothing that wouldn’t heal quickly.
I hobbled into the room Nathan was in, sighing, knowing all too well that we had to talk about things.
I was surprised when I noticed the room empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not even gong to bother.

Simz