Status: Active <3

Trouble

Little thing

I was pulling on a t-shirt for my lazy day at home when there was a knock at my apartment door.
Sighing I went to answer it, surprised to see Mark standing in the doorway.
“Have I left it too late to say how incredible sorry I am?” He asked.
I was still slightly shaken by what had happened with Nathan the day before, and I didn’t know what to make of my relationship with Mark right now, but I shook my head “You don’t have anything to apologise for” I sighed.
“Yeah, I do, I should have told you about Riley, and I shouldn’t have just left like I did” Mark pointed out.
“I completely understand why you didn’t tell me” I breathed “If I could have I’d have never told you about any of my ex’s, but I guess I’m just an honest person” I shrugged.
Mark frowned “Ok, so if I don’t have anything to apologise for then why did you say it like that?” He asked.
I shook my head “I didn’t mean to, I’m just annoyed” I breathed, trailing to the couch with Mark following.
“At what?” Mark asked.
I bit my lip, letting him in “I saw Nathan yesterday” I sighed.
“Oh, and that annoyed you?” Mark questioned.
“He wanted to say goodbye, he’s leaving for LA, the conversation turned into something else and I just, I don’t know, it didn’t end well, that shouldn’t have surprised me, nothing ever ends well with him and I” I sighed.
Mark didn’t say anything.
“Are you made that I saw him?” I asked.
“I have no right to be mad at you, you’re allowed to spend time with anyone you want” Mark shrugged.
“So why are you so silent?” I asked.
“I’m just thinking about it, I need to know something” Mark sounded.
“What?” I questioned.
“Do you want to be with him?” Mark asked.
I frowned “No” I breathed “Mark, there have been so many chances for he and I to get back together and I never took them, I’m happy with you, I wouldn’t throw that away to be with him” I breathed.
“Ok” Mark sounded.
“Mark” I sighed.
“I believe you, I just, I don’t want to stand in the way if…” Mark began.
“Don’t do that” I said, shaking my head “You don’t think I’m committed to us and I don’t like that” I sighed.
“I don’t know if you feel the same as me” Mark mumbled.
“Tell me, how do you feel?” I demanded.
Mark’s eyes met mine and he sighed “I love you” he breathed “And I don’t want to lose you” he added.
“I love you too” I promised, leaning towards him and kissing him lightly on the lips.
“You’re quite underclothed right now” Mark commented.
I rolled my eyes “I was supposed to be having a lazy day” I said.
“And lazy day means sitting around half naked?” Mark asked.
“If I were half naked I’d be in my underwear” I shrugged.
“That could still be arranged” Mark announced, grinning.
“You ruined the moment” I announced, sliding away from him and jumping off the couch to go to the kitchen.
“Sorry” Mark said, laughing.
I grabbed a drink of water and sighed “Are you not working today?” I asked.
“Nope” Mark shrugged.
“Mmm” I mumbled.
“I thought maybe I could take you out for lunch” Mark said.
“Then I’d have to change” I complained.
Mark chuckled “I’d love for you to come out like that” he said.
“You just can’t stop saying that word now” I commented.
Mark smiled “I love that word, love is such a good word” He said.
I rolled my eyes “Let me change” I said, turning.
“Ok” Mark said.
I went to my room and quickly changed, pulling my hair up and ruffling it a little before going back out to the lounge, Mark was flicking through his phone.
“Ready” I sounded.
Mark jumped up, putting his phone away “I liked what you were wearing before better” he announced.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone off the bench.
“So where are we going?” I asked as we exited the apartment.
“I was thinking we could try that new burger place in the city, it’s supposed to be really good” Mark said.
“Mkay” I smiled.
“You are easy to please” Mark commented.
I shrugged and walked ahead.
“We’re driving” Mark announced, pointing to his car.
“Why? It’s such a nice day” I said.
“Because I hate trains” Mark sighed “Especially when I don’t have my gun on me” he added.
“Could it be? The one thing that scares the almighty detective?” I gasped, giggling.
Mark shook his head “If you heard the horror stories…” Mark attempted.
“Just walk” I said, rolling my eyes again and pushing him towards his car.
“You don’t understand how insane people get on trains” Mark sounded.
“I use to catch the train every day, I think I do” I said.
“Ok, so you understand” Mark said.
I laughed “I understand that you’re crazy, but don’t worry, I still love you” I smiled.
Causing Mark to pout.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi