Cursed

Prologen

After a failed attack on Asgard, Malekith the Accursed was livid that he had still not acquired the Aether. He had returned to Svartalfheim with his army of fellow Dark Elves and had finally found the correct location. The cave was rather easy to spot amongst the vast hills, and once inside his followers lit the cave with artificial light. Malekith spotted what he wanted on the far wall: a female’s figure carved into the rock. Though she was depicted as standing, she had a bowed head and her eyes were closed, as if she were sleeping.

Malekith smirked as he snatched the book from a soldier’s hands, flicking it open to the bookmarked page. He recited a spell, entirely in his first language of Dark Elvish, and then fired an energy blast from his palm onto the engraved figure. Upon contact, black symbols began to sear into the female’s arms, visible where they were not covered by her pale lavender dress. As they continued to appear across her body, the rock behind the limbs began to crack and crumble. After a shower of dust, a female Dark Elf stood in flesh and blood where the engraving had been. Her white elfish hair was pulled off her oval face into multiple braids that joined and flowed down her back as one, exposing her pointy ears. The black sigils on her fair skin paled and disappeared, and she opened her light azure eyes.

“Malekith,” she breathed with a hint of a smile at the familiarity. It was not the first time she had been summoned by him, though the last had ended with him freeing her and retreating from his battle with the Asgardians.

“Zara, I need your aid in obtaining the Aether,” Malekith spoke in Dark Elvish and Zara nodded. He stole a look at his palm and spotted the symbol of ownership fading into his skin. “The Asgardians have it.”

“As you wish,” she said with the bow of her head. Upon exiting the cave, they both froze and exchanged a glance.

“It is here,” Malekith hissed.