Cursed

Ti

“What makes you think she is yours? She is a Dark Elf, she belongs by my side,” Malekith hissed at Loki as they stared each other down. Zara stood off to the side, anxiously rubbing her hands together as she watched the two argue next to her regenerated Dark Elf city. She doubted that a quick and clean kill would happen, and she didn’t want her hard work of rebuilding the city to be destroyed so soon. Loki raised his left hand and showed Malekith his palm, Dark Elvish sigils flaring before disappearing into his skin.

That says that she is mine,” he smirked as Malekith’s eyes narrowed with frustration. “There is only one way for this to end.”

“Correct. You must die,” Malekith replied before slamming an invisible energy force into Loki’s torso. Loki was thrown backwards and he slid across the blackened soil before rolling with ease to his feet. Zara winced as Malekith attacked repeatedly, sensing how much strength he was putting into the spells. Though Loki was fighting back with his own magic, she wondered why he wasn’t doing as much damage as she knew he could. Loki deflected a blast with his sceptre and then stabbed at Malekith, plunging it into his bicep. The Dark Elf only used the staff as leverage and flung Loki into the stone wall surrounding Zara’s city. She initially frowned at the damage, but then she noticed that Loki wasn’t getting back up. He was remaining as a crumpled heap on the ground.

“Loki, no…” she breathed, raising a hand to cover her mouth.

“I didn’t realise you cared so much,” Loki said lowly from behind her and she spun on her heels, eyes wide with surprise. When Zara saw Loki uninjured and grinning, she relaxed considerably.

“It’s all a trick,” she breathed with relief. Loki grabbed Zara’s waist and hastily pulled her against his chest into a kiss. He flicked his other wrist and the illusion disappeared, forcing Malekith to turn and spot the two in their passionate embrace.

“You are a traitor to the Dark Elves!” Malekith yelled with rage as he ran at Zara, his sights now on her rather than Loki. Malekith summoned all of his magic to his tightly clenched fists, the air around them sparking white and pale yellow. Loki ripped himself away from Zara and stared down Malekith, narrowing his eyes as he prepared himself for the attack.

“Shall we freeze him?” he questioned, figuring that the two of them together would have enough magic to stop Malekith. Zara nodded and they both raised their hands, palms facing Malekith who was almost ready to release his power. Loki and Zara fired their energy at the same time, and combined it was sufficient to capture Malekith and stop him in his tracks. A coat of shimmering lime green surrounded his body, and Zara let go of a breath she hadn’t realised that she had been holding.

“We did it,” she grinned, glad that Loki had won. Due to the sudden silence, Dark Elves were peeking over the top of the wall and through doors, amazed by the sight of the powerful Malekith encased by magic.

“I will bring you his head. Then it will be certain that he can never hurt us,” Loki said before walking forwards and raising his sceptre. Upon his command, it heated up and then he sliced through Malekith’s neck, the Dark Elf unable to fight for his life. The two then broke their spell and the headless body fell, leaking blood into the dark dirt. Loki held Malekith’s braid, flecks of blood staining the white hair, and turned to face Zara, the corners of his lips turned upwards and mischievousness dancing in his eyes.

“It shall be put on a spike in the city’s centre, to prove that we are worthy rulers,” she announced and Loki nodded his agreement. They proudly strode through the city, earning mixed reactions from its inhabitants. Many gasped at the sight, others remained in stunned silence, and some even cheered and praised the couple for their victory. After Loki had secured the head onto a spike and cleaned his hands, he swept Zara back into his arms, holding her just an inch away from his face. Adrenaline still raced through his body from the fight, and through hers from the fear of Loki losing.

“I want to celebrate,” Loki demanded simply and Zara tugged herself out of his arms. Loki’s face hardened with a hint of confusion and anger, but it relaxed when Zara took his hand and led him indoors. Once inside her sleeping quarters, she faced Loki and resisted smirking at his eager expression.

“Just to clarify, still no emotions?” she asked, recalling how Loki had felt the previous times she had attempted to seduce him.

“No emotions,” Loki agreed before pulling her into a rough kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
My NaNo project, if you'd like to check it out.