Cursed

Sju

“Where are they?” Loki growled as he impatiently looked around the wasteland that was Svartalfheim. The barely lit land was mostly dark grey soil, and before them was the wreckage of silver metal and black stone, the components of what was once a large castle that accommodated many. Loki himself stood out due to his pale skin and the flashes of green and gold that covered his body. Zara was dressed in a camouflaging black dress that tightly covered her arms and torso but flowed over her legs. Her white hair was in a side braid that begun at the top of her head and followed the side of her face down to rest over her shoulder, a stark contrast against her dark dress.

“They’ll come,” Zara said quietly as her blue eyes scanned the wreckage before her. There were no signs of movement, but she was still hopeful.

“Did any even survive?” Loki taunted and Zara’s eyes narrowed.

“Dark Elves, I am here to return Svartalfheim to the prosperous realm we all know it to be!” Zara called out in Dark Elvish. “Reveal yourselves, and as your new queen, I will give you anything you need to rebuild our home!” She was met with silence and Loki snickered from behind her.

“How do you even know they are here? Malekith probably killed them all and-” Loki stopped his jeering as he spotted a white face rising from behind a thick stone. Another appeared to its right, and soon white faces were rising from many of the nooks and crannies of the destroyed building. “Well, that was unexpected…” Zara shot him a glare before walking towards the remainder of her race, glad that she was not alone.

“Zara? You are alive?” one exclaimed in Dark Elvish and she smiled slightly.

“I am. And what of Malekith?”

“We cannot find him,” another answered and Zara grimaced as she acknowledged that Malekith could be anywhere, recovering and searching for her and his revenge. She dismissed the idea as she had more important things to currently focus on.

“Join me and we will restore Svartalfheim. We will conquer other realms and plunge them into darkness as well,” Zara offered and the Dark Elves erupted into a chorus of cheers. With a satisfied smirk, Zara turned to Loki. “We’ll have those supplies, now.”

Image


Zara exited Loki’s bathroom in a pale blue silk nightgown and spied him reading on his bed. It had been a long day of supervising the Asgardians donating their materials to the Dark Elves and aiding in the construction of the castles and forts, but despite feeling tired Zara was in a very positive mood. She silently crossed the room and sat on the edge of the bed, Loki’s eyes remaining on his book.

“What do you want?” he asked quietly, cold eyes still scanning the page.

“To say thank you for what you have done for me and Svartalfheim,” Zara purred before looking at Loki with half-opened eyes. “Isn’t there anything I can do for you?” He ignored her seductive tone so Zara leaned forward, reaching out to gently stroke his arm. Loki stopped her by suddenly grabbing her forearm, and Zara’s alluring gaze turned into a rigid stare.

“I’d rather not,” Loki stated, still focused on his book.

“Why not?” Zara questioned brashly, words yet again tumbling from her lips before she could think them over and reconsider her tone.

“We have a professional business relationship,” Loki replied, this time not bothered by her prying. He turned his head and locked eyes with Zara. “I want to keep it that way. Emotion clouds judgement.” He loosened his grip and Zara pulled away, slowly standing from his bed without breaking eye contact in attempt to not appear weaker than him. She then turned and walked towards her own bed with a smirk plastered across her plump lips.

“Who said anything about emotions?”