Cursed

Atte

“The peace never lasts for long,” Loki remarked over the screeching sirens that sounded through Asgard. He stood on his balcony with Zara at his side as they watched an army heading towards the palace. Warriors from Vanaheim had heard of Loki’s takeover and had finally sent an army to try to rescue the Asgardians. Fortunately, Asgard was divided, with some believing it was better to not attempt to fight Loki and his powerful sorceress, and others wanting their previous ruler back.

“What do you want me to do?” Zara wondered, keeping in mind that she still needed to obey him and was not quite able to do as she pleased yet.

“Bring your Dark Elves here to fight. I will bring the Jotunns. We cannot lose Asgard,” Loki commanded. Zara then teleported to the secret portal to Svartalfheim, and Loki to the door to Jotunheim.

Zara returned to Asgard first, and she was just in time. The Dark Elves rushed forwards and stopped the Vanir from piercing the palace walls. Alongside of Zara’s energy blasts, they were able to hold off the army until Loki arrived with plenty of Frost Giants. The icy beasts crushed many in their path, glad to be releasing their frustration over Laufey’s death, and Loki stood to the side and watched the chaos with a smirk. He conjured illusions of himself on the battlefield and watched as many Asgardians attempted to strike him, and then become enraged as his image disappeared. Loki began to ponder what would be the best method of punishment for their disloyalty.

Image


“I cannot believe that Vanir army held strong for days…” Loki breathed as he sunk further into the warm water of his bath. His head rested against the pearly white edge and a hand fiddled with the stem of a wine glass. After commanding some battles and fighting in others, Loki was rather exhausted. The calming bubble bath was well needed.

“But we won,” Zara smiled from the opposite end of the tub. Her white hair was swirled atop her head in a braided bun, and her bright blue eyes had not left Loki’s face since they had stripped. She was trying to figure him out, judging calls he had made as he tried to defend Asgard, as well as why he had invited her to relax with him. Previous Dark Elves who had controlled her and her abilities only ever wanted her to get naked for one reason, and yet she wasn’t quite getting that vibe from Loki.

“That we did…” Loki muttered before taking another large gulp of the red wine. “I saw that spell you did on the three Vanir that ran at you yesterday; that was well done.” He stared at the tiled ceiling as he relived the moment, remembering how his heart had leapt when he saw the armed soldiers hurtling towards Zara, and feeling at ease when she had somehow made them freeze in their tracks, allowing her to slit their throats.

“You think that was well done?” Zara chuckled, also fondly thinking of the spell that had saved her life plenty of times before. “Then what do you call your tricks? I saw many become distracted by your illusions and then lose their lives.” Zara was impressed by Loki’s control over the illusions, as she knew it took Dark Elves many years of practice to gain decent control over that kind of magic. Somehow Loki had faultless control, and was able to repeat the tricks over and over again without tiring.

“It’s what I do best,” Loki dismissed casually, not really wanting her praise. He already knew that he was a talented and powerful magician; that was half of the reason why he was a true king.

“How do I know that you’re not an illusion right now?” Zara asked as Loki finished the rest of his wine. A wide grin crossed his lips and he closed his eyes, keeping his head tilted back against the bath.

“Touch me and find out,” he dared his queen while magically making the jug of wine hover and refill his glass. Zara emptied her glass and set it down outside the bath before repositioning herself on her knees. She leaned forward and found Loki’s foot, so she trailed her fingers lightly up his calf. Once she had reached his thigh, she stopped and stood, stepping out of the bath. Loki gave an amused smile and opened his eyes to admire her slender back and appealing curves before a towel covered them. “What are you, a tease?” Zara smirked at the remark and left the bathroom without a reply. She heard Loki laughing to himself, but she was tingling with anticipation. Now it seemed far more likely that she could once again use sex to control her master.