Sequel: Infamous
Status: Completed (Being Re-edited)

Reincarnate

Black Veins

It was Sunday afternoon now. And I was freaking the fuck out. I didn't hear from Chris all day yesterday! I wanted to call Austin but then I decided on giving Chris some more time. But even all morning, no text or call from Chris. My heart was pounding as I picked up my phone and dialed Austin's number. It was a few seconds until he answered.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Be ready..and I'll tell you everything"His voice was very cautious. Without saying anything, I hung up and sat on my bed, throwing my shoes on. I put on my shirt and raced down the stairs. I stood on the porch impatiently, waiting for seemed like an eternity.

Just then, a midnight blue mustang pulled up. I recognized it as Austin's car. I ran towards it and got in quickly. He was dressed casually. A black and red checkered flannel button up shirt over a plain black shirt. He had a pair of sunglasses on and his hair was spiked up. Without hesitation he was racing down the street. And I decided to ask the question burning my mind.

"Where is Chris,.Austin?" I asked him. He sighed and patted my leg.

"I have specific directions to follow Kade. I'll tell you when we get there" He said in a low husky voice. I waited for further words but he said none. I sighed and leaned back into the seat. Thinking of Chris and hoping that we was okay. Even if he didn't like me in the way I liked him or wanted me in the way I wanted him. Thinking about it made my heart race. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

~~
I didn't realize I fell asleep until I felt someone shaking me me until I woke up. I yawned before opening my eyes up. I looked over at Austin, who was getting out the car. I opened my door and followed him, rubbing my eyes trying to rub the sleep out. I then stopped and stared. I had no idea where we were. There was a large iron gate that was enclosed by shiny stone walls. I looked at Austin, who was punching a code in a keypad. A few seconds later the gates opened with an slight creek. I looked at Austin.

"Whose house is this Austin?" I asked, following behind him. It was a pearl grey painted Victorian boarding house. Quite large actually. In front of it was a circle drive away and a small rose garden right in the middle of it.

"It's Chris"s house" He answered simply, walking around the rose garden. He walked up the steps and opened the door. I took a deep breath as I walked in behind him. For a guy who listened to metal and had piercings and looked delicious in gothic like clothes, Chris was extremely old fashioned, victorian and antiqued. His house was filled with mahogany furniture and old paintings, vases and bookshelves stacked full with books. The house had a slight modern feel as well. Austin led me to the living room. There was a large flat screen TV pushed up against the wall sitting on a black stand. There was a black leather couch with a matching love seat that faced the TV. The room was dimly lit by a lamp that sat on the little table next to the love seat.

Austin was sitting on the couch. I realized I was paused in the doorway, taking in the scene. He waited patiently as I made my way to sit next to him. He didn't say anything for a couple minutes. Irritated, I decided to break the silence.

"Where is Chris?" I asked quietly. He sighed before taking my hand.

"There are some things you don't know...about us. Chris, Alan and myself. Some things you may not like and may not understand fully. But I was given specific directions from Chris after he took you home on Friday. He wanted to..wait to tell you because he needed to make sure he could trust you." He looked at me and I nodded for him to continue. He looked into my eyes seriously and held my other hand in his.

"Everything you thought you knew.....is about to change. Your life is about to change..are you ready for that?" He asked me, his voice was low and dark. My heart was accelerating as I nodded slowly.

"Austin...I'll take it from here" A voice startled me from the doorway. I turned and saw Chris standing there. He was looking at Austin, his face was very stern. He then looked at me and his eyes softened. Without even thinking, I got up and ran to him. He pulled me into his arms and I wrapped mine around his slim waist, holding him tightly to me. I was overcome with relief to feel him hold me, to know that he was okay. He then pulled back and cupped my cheeks, pulling me into a kiss. My breath was caught in my throat as his soft warm lips touched mine. I grabbed his wrists, immediately wanting more of him. Wanting to be closer to him. But he pulled away to soon. I looked up at him. He sighed and ran his finger across my cheek.

"Are you sure?"I heard Austin ask, making me turn around and stare at him. Chris tightened his grip around me and nodded. I had expected Austin to leave but instead Chris led me through the house. I had no chance to admire the rest because Chris was ushering me out the back door. There was a large white stoned fountain in the middle, there was a dragon sitting on top of the crystal ball, and that was sitting on a black painted structure. The dragon's head was pointed upward and water was shooting out the mouth. I could not look at it further because Chris was pulling me towards a path that led into the woods. The path was perfectly smooth and smoothly paved.

Chris and I walked for a few more minutes, despite me constantly asking questions. He led me to a small creek that was steadily pushing water down the way, there was a very large boulder that was sitting beside us, covered moss. Just like the rest of the trees, moss all over. The scene had a grey like tint to it. And I thought it was very beautiful. I turned to Chris who was leaning against the boulder, his hands pressed out and his back facing me, like be was debating something. I spoke up

"Chris what's going on, your scaring me" My voice was a little shaky. I saw him tense up.

"Are you sure you want to know? Because when I tell you, there is no going back" He said slowly. I debated. Did I want to know? Yes I wanted to know. Did I want my life to change? I didn't know. Because change can go either way. My life was so low, could it possibly go any lower. Did I want to take that chance? I then looked at Chris. This perfect man standing in front of me. This man who actually made me feel something other than pain. This man I liked so so much! Who gave me butterflies just thinking about him. I sighed, knowing my answer.

"Yes" my voice came out in a whisper. A few seconds passed and slowly he turned around. I didn't know what to expect. But what I saw, froze me in my spot. My breath stopped in my throat. It was Chris...but it wasn't. His face was changed. His pupils went totally black, the white in his eyes were completely red and I mean RED. There were these black veins spreading from his eye sockets, stretching to the hair line on the side of his face. They were..pulsing...like little drops of something was running through them. I was shaking as my eyes traveled down to his mouth. My heart sank as I saw that his canines had elongated into two sharp pointy fang like things.

Chris took a step towards me. But I was frozen with fear. My mouth was agape and my eyes were wide with fear. I just couldn't move...

"You don't live in a normal world Kade. It's not as bland as you think it is. There is so much more to it" His voice was low but soft. He looked directly at me, caution on his demon like face.

"What..." My voice came out breathlessly. I wanted to ask what he was. But I couldn't get the rest of words out. It felt like I was paralyzed.

"I'm a vampire Kade" He spoke as his face started to change. The veins on his.face slowly sunk back into his face, his eyes faded back to his beautiful brown color irises. I looked at his mouth, the fangs were gone.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I whispered to him in shaky voice. There was sadness and hurt in his eyes.

"I could never hurt you Kade. Never. And I'll protect you with my life. You don't have to be afraid of me piggy" His voice was genuine and soft, so soft. And filled with...honesty. Without speaking, I found the strength to move. I reached out and cupped his cheek with my hand. Immediately he nuzzled his cheek into my hand. I knew what vampires did. I knew they to drink blood to survive. To kill..but as I looked into his eyes....a rush of security swam through me. Carefully I took a step towards him. He stiffened quickly, as if he was unsure.

"Shhhhh...Chris it's okay...I'm not afraid of you" I gently stroked his cheek. "I know you won't hurt me" I moved closer, our bodies now touching. His eyes were burning with passion as he took my hand in his, lacing our fingers. I did have one question though. I never suspected anything of him. Mr.Carlile yes, but Chris no. He never led on that he was a vampire....

"Why did you tell me this?" I asked quietly, squeezing his hand as encouragement.
"Because I like you Kade. I really do. I wasn't sure at first but when you asked me to kiss you, I knew. But before we continued any further, I needed to know how you would feel with this..me being a vampire. It would be wrong of me to continue on with you without telling you. "He explained to me and I nodded.

~
We walked hand in hand, slowly back to his house. I was asking him various questions.
"How old are you?" I asked, rubbing my thumb in slow circles against his hand. He chuckled.

"23" He answered simply.

"Come Chris you know what I mean" I grinned at him. He smiled at me wickedly.

"I'm 378 years old" I stopped dead in my tracks, staring him. The smile ever left.

"Damn your fucking old!" I shouted and then pulled me against him, his face dangerously close to mine, a seductive sparkle in his eye as he bit his lip. His hands traveled down my back and I gasped as his hands gripped my ass, pulling me up tighter against him. A moan escaped my lips as I looked into his eyes. I was weak in that moment. I was literally putty in his arms. My hands traveled up his chest and I gripped his shirt.

"Mmmm your so hot Kade..."He trailed off as he pulled me into a rough kiss. I felt a rush of desire and excitement go through me like a Shockwave. He squeezed my ass tighter, making me want him more. I rolled my hips into his and I heard the sexiest moan come out from him. I needed Chris. I couldn't have enough. I was his.

"That's really gross. My best friends making out" I pulled apart from Chris and looked towards the house, seeing Austin smiling widely as he walked down the stairs. I blushed and hid in his chest as he laughed. But then something clicked.

"So your a vampire too?" I asked Austin, looking at him and he nodded.

"I knew there was something off about you!!!" I accused him and laughed, nodding more.

"Sorry for not telling you. It's not really something you come out and say" He apologized. I pondered that. I've know him for 4 years and he never told me. I should be mad for him lying but am I any better? I lied to his face about the abuse going on. So I had no right to be angry.

"So...let's go get something to eat" Chris said. I had another question.

"You can eat...you know actual food? " I had carefully and he nodded, pulling me into the house with Austin. I wondered which taste better....blood or food. I was a little freaked out and decided I would ask later
♠ ♠ ♠
Props to anyone who knows the inspiration behind the vampire faces