You Stupid Girl

Dad

"Th-that's my dad," I murmured, not taking my eyes off of him. Why was he here for? Did he know what happened to mom? What about me? Had he been cheating on mom this entire time with a younger lady?

"I'm guessing that's not your mom?" Damon spoke quietly. I could feel his eyes on me, but I didn't want to look away from my dad. "It's not polite to stare," Damon murmured in my ear, causing me to look down at the table.

I wanted to go talk to my dad, but then again I didn't. So many emotions were running through me, and I didn't really know what I wanted. The last place I thought I would see him was here in Mystic Falls. He wasn't from here, nor did he have family here. He didn't really seem to care about me, so why was he really here?

I was thankful when my food came. Eating kept most of my thoughts out of my head. Damon kept watching my father and the lady, occasionally taking a glance at me and taking a fry since he didn't order himself food. When I only had fries left, I began moving one around in the ketchup. I had lost my appetite after seeing my dad here with another woman, otherwise I would eat them. Damon took the fry out of my hand before eating it. I didn't bother looking at him since I still didn't care. Any other time I would have been pissed off.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked when he noticed I pushed the plate of fries away.

"Can we just go? I don't even want to be in the same place as my dad right now."

"Is there any reason why he's even here?" Damon asked, ignoring the fact that I was wanting to leave. I shrugged.

"Go ask him yourself. Maybe he's here with that whore." Damon chuckled causing me to look up at him. "What?" I questioned.

"I doubt he's with her," Damon muttered, taking a glance back at their table. The blonde noticed and sent a glare our way. "Are you done eating?" I shook my head yes.

Damon scooted out of the booth before helping me out as well. He then took my hand and took us to the cashier to pay for our stuff. I kept close to him as we walked past the table my dad was sitting at, keeping my eyes on the floor. Neither the blonde or my dad said anything as we walked by. I let out a sigh of relief as we stood at the cashier. Damon paid before taking my hand again and leading me out of the restaurant.

"Why did you keeping asking if I recognized anyone?" I asked once we were in the car.

"Got a tip from someone that a car with Maine license plates was here," Damon answered, which kind of shocked me since I didn't expect him to.

"Did you know who it was?"

"Nope, but two cars within a few days from the same state seemed kind of suspicious," Damon told me.

Damon was soon on the phone to somebody, asking them where they were. I turned my attention out the window since I was done eavesdropping for awhile. All that's gotten me so far was confusion and still no answers. I still trusted Damon and the others, even though I wasn't sure what they were hiding.

We were soon pulling up to a house that looked bigger than the Salvatore house. Of course it was probably one of Damon's rich friends who lived here. I got out of the car and followed Damon to the door. I expected him to knock on the door, but instead he opened it and went right in. I stayed outside for a few seconds before cautiously entering. I began to wonder if anyone in this town knocked on a door before entering, because so far, not a single person has.

"Klaus! I know you're here!" Damon yelled, scaring me a little. I hated the fact that I was so jumpy, but couldn't really do anything about it.

"Damon Salvatore," a voice with an accent spoke from behind us, scaring me once again. We turned around to see a man, whom I assume is Klaus, smirking. "And who is this?" He came up to me and took my hand before kissing the top of it. I blushed a little before staring down at my feet.

"This is Kaitlyn, but I assume you already knew that. Why is your sister at Mystic Grill with her father?" Damon asked, getting straight to the point and earning a 'what?' from me.

"I may have done some digging on the girl after you and Stefan stopped by last night," Klaus smiled.

"So you sent your sister to spy on her father," Damon stated, earning another smile from Klaus. "I want to know what you know."

"And why is that?" Klaus asked, taking another glance at me.

"Can we talk about this elsewhere?" Damon asked, shooting a glare at Klaus.

"She doesn't know..." Klaus smiled at me before looking at Damon. "Follow me."

I hesitantly followed behind Damon and Klaus as we entered a room with paintings. Klaus stopped and looked at me.

"You may look, but please don't touch. We'll be right back," Klaus nodded his head towards the door and Damon followed, leaving me alone in the room.

I stared at the now closed door, trying to figure out what was going on. All I knew was that Damon and Stefan were here last night. I remembered Stefan saying something about it not being Klaus who had anything to do with me being taken. Was Klaus not their friend then? Why was Klaus even digging up information about me? Why was his sister with my dad? How did she even find my dad, or has he been living in Mystic Falls? Why was this place full of mystery? I had so many questions, but very few answers. Nobody was answering my questions, and I knew they were keeping some kind of secret from me. What would be so bad that it would be kept from me? Maybe it was just the fact that nobody really knew me, yet they were helping me and being nice.

I let out a long sigh before taking a glace around the room at the paintings. I did as I was told and didn't touch them, even though I didn't plan on doing so in the first place. The paintings were beautiful, and I began to wonder if Klaus had painted them himself.

"Let's go," Damon spoke as soon as the door opened. He grabbed my wrist before pulling me past Klaus, who was smirking. What the hell did he do to piss Damon off? Now I would have to face his wrath in the car.

Damon didn't let go of my wrist until we were right next to the car. I quickly got in the car, not wanting to further anger him.Damon started the car and sped out of the driveway of the mansion. He was gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were turning white. I took everything I had just to not ask what happened. Asking something now just seemed plain stupid.

We were soon pulling over to the side of the road. Damon got out of the car and began observing the area. I stayed in the car since I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. Getting out didn't seem like a good idea, but staying in didn't either. Damon was soon looking at the car, waving for me to come out. I quickly did so and went by his side. I felt like a lost puppy that was constantly at someone's side. That someone being Damon. He terrified me when he was mad, which was why I did what I was told.

"Do you know where we are?" Damon finally asked, our eyes meeting.

"No idea," I answered, looking away.

"This is where the accident was. Look down. Blood stains can still be seen on both sides of the road." I walked to where I thought I had been laying last and glanced down.He was correct. There wasn't much there, but you could barely see it. Really you wouldn't see it unless you were looking for it.

"Why are we here?" I asked, confused as to why he would bring me here.

"You remember your mom screaming. Do you remember seeing anything or what she was screaming at?" Damon asked me as he came by my side. I shook my head no. "Anything before everything happened?"

"I was looking out my window. I didn't see anything in front of the car or out of my side."

"Dammit! Remember Kaitlyn! There has to be something! Any noises other than the screaming? Did your mom saying anything? What about the person who called the cops? Remember anything?" Damon had his hands on my shoulders, staring right into my eyes.

"I don't remember anything. All I know is that it was a woman who called."

Damon let go of me before walking back to the car saying something about 'he lied'. I followed since I didn't want to be here any longer. I stopped in the middle of the road when Damon swore before hitting the hood of his car really hard, leaving a huge dent. He then swore again when he realized what he had done. I had stopped paying attention to him when I saw someone standing within the trees watching us. The man smirked just as Damon yelled my name. The man disappeared as Damon pulled my arm, moving me just in time before getting hit by a speeding car.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You can't just stand in the middle of a road! Aren't you old enough to know better?!" Damon scolded me after getting me completely off the road.

"There was a man," I mumbled, feeling stupid that I literally just stood there to stare at some creepy guy.

"What?" Damon asked, calming down just a little bit.

"A man was watching us," I pointed where I last saw him. Damon narrowed his eyes at where I pointed before looking back at me.

"Get in the car and lock the doors. I'll be right back," Damon told me before walking towards the trees.

I did as told and waited in the car. As soon as Damon disappeared into the trees, I got the feeling that I was being watched. My eyes began scanning the trees to find nobody there. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Damon coming back a few seconds later. I unlocked the car doors so he could get in.

"Whoever was there is now gone," he told me as we made a u-turn.

Neither of us said a word as we arrived back at Elena's house. Nobody was home, but we went inside since Damon, for some reason, had a key.

"You're not staying here tonight," Damon told me as soon as we were inside.

"Well, where am I staying?" I asked since I wasn't really sure as to how many options I had.

"My house. Don't worry, the electricity is back on and the guest room is currently blocked off until I can get the windows fixed. You'll be safe." I raised a brow. Safe? Really? "Plus, Elena doesn't really like me here." I shrugged, not really caring what his issues with Elena were.

We arrived at the house and Damon wasn't lying. The room with the shattered window was boarded up. Damon took the boxes of my stuff, not letting me carry a single one. He got to the front door and froze.

"What?" I asked as he placed the boxes down. He took my hand and pulled me close to him.

"I need you to trust me, and stay by me. Whatever happens, don't freak out," Damon whispered into my ear. I nodded and kept silent since I wasn't sure what was going on.

Damon opened the door before pulling me along with him. Each light we walked by, he turned on. Only our footsteps were heard as we began going into each room. Damon would search it before pulling me along with him to the next room. The top and bottom floors were both clear from whatever Damon was looking for. We were going back down the stairs when the front door opened. Damon kept me behind him until we saw Stefan.

"What's going on?" Stefan asked as he glanced between the two of us with the boxes that we left outside.

"Rough day, brother. I had a feeling that someone was in the house," Damon answered as we went down the rest of the stairs.

"Want me to check the basement?" Stefan offered, getting a smile from Damon.

Stefan placed the boxes down before heading down the stairs that lead to the basement. Damon and I stood at the top of those stairs as we waited.

"Anything down there, brother?" Damon shouted a few moments later.

"Nope," Stefan shouted back.

"Weird," Damon muttered before pulling me with him into the living room. He finally let go of my hand and I went and sat down on the couch.

"So, what exactly happen-" Stefan was cut off by a knock at the door. The Salvatore brothers glanced at each other before Stefan went to the door. "Hey Kaitlyn, you might want to come here," he shouted a few moments later.

I got up and headed towards the door with Damon right behind me. Stefan moved out of the way to reveal my father. I took a step back, hitting my back against Damon's chest. I wasn't ready to talk to my father. I wasn't earlier, and I wasn't now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?