You Stupid Girl

Reality

"Hello, Kaitlyn," the vampire spoke as his eyes went back to emerald green and his fangs disappeared. "Think you're safe? You're not." He smirked. "I killed your mother, and now I've killed your father. You're next."

I began backing up against the wall to get away from all of them. This wasn't real. It was just one long nightmare and I would be waking up soon. Vampires didn't exist. Nothing supernatural existed. I was beginning to have a hard time to convince myself now.

"Kaitlyn," Stefan placed his hand on my shoulder and I jerked away.

"Don't touch me," I growled. My eyes fell on each of them as they watched me. The vampire that was locked up was laughing at me.

"Run, Kaitlyn, Run! You won't get far," he snickered.

"Shut the hell up! You're not helping at all," Damon growled at him.

I began to go over every way to kill a vampire. If they were real, then they were enemies. Do you ever hear of good vampires? Not really. But then again, if vampires were true, were the legends on how to kill them true?

"Kaitlyn," Bonnie was waving her hands in front of my face. I was concentrating so hard that I forgot I was standing by vampires.

"What?" I spat, getting annoyed with them all.

"Let's go upstairs," Bonnie suggested.

"Listen to the witch," the vampire smirked.

"Witch?" I thought they were all vampires!

Damon and Stefan both opened the door before Damon snapped his neck...again. I cringed as I remembered how the vampire done the same earlier to my dad.

"He'll be quiet for awhile," Damon spoke as everything that happened so far today began to sink in.

Dad. He was dead. Tears began filling my eyes as I slid down the wall to the floor. This wasn't a nightmare, it was reality. Dad was gone. I'd never see him again. Mom was too according to the vampire. Both parents gone because of a monster that shouldn't exist. The vampire wanted to kill me. He was after me next, but Damon killed him first. Damon did save me. That didn't change the fact that he was a vampire though. They all could be wanting to kill me.

I put my head in my hands as I began crying. Moving here was a mistake. It was my dad's fault for leaving and my mom's fault for fucking everything up. But now they were both dead. This place was supposed to be where I started over, but only bad has happened.

"Kaitlyn." I glanced up to see Damon kneeling in front of me. "Everything will be alright." How convincing.

"Fuck off," I muttered as I stood up and wiped my eyes. They were all staring at me, not sure as to what they should do.

I began walking back towards the stairs. I didn't want to be in the basement with them anymore. I didn't even want to be in this house, but I had a feeling they weren't going to let me leave. Footsteps were heard behind me, confirming my theory of not leaving the house...or even being alone.

"Can't you all just leave me alone?" I asked as I entered the living room and threw myself down on the couch.

"You need to know that we are here for you," Bonnie spoke.

"None of us are going to hurt you," Elena spoke next.

"And I'm just supposed to believe that? I met three of you an hour ago. The other two I met last night from what I remember."

"I know it's something that's just been thrown at you, but you've gotta believe us," Caroline said as she sat down next to me.

A knock came from the door and Stefan went to answer it, leaving me with the three girls. Damon must have been still in the basement doing whatever.

"Look, I know it's not easy for you, but please, just give us a chance. You might still be in danger, and we can protect you better than anyone else can," Bonnie was pleading with me.

"How do I know that none of you plan on killing me?" I asked them, giving each one a suspicious look.

"We don't kill unless we have to." Elena told me.

"Caroline?" a female voice said, turning all of our attention to a sheriff.

"Hi, mom," Caroline gave her a small smile.

Stefan, Elena, Caroline, and the sheriff went down to the basement, leaving me with Bonnie.

"If you have any questions I can try and answer them." Bonnie gave me a smile.

"So, you're the only one who is a witch?" She nodded. "What exactly can you do?" A witch seemed less harmful than a vampire.

"A lot of stuff," she shrugged before lighting all the candles in the room from where she sat. "Any other questions?" she asked after a few moments of silence.

"Not really," I shrugged. Most of my questions had to do with vampires and I rather ask Stefan or Caroline.

"I'm sorry about your dad. And your mom." Bonnie gave me an apologetic smile.

"Do you know if my mom is really dead? I just know that she left me here, but I'm beginning to think that's not true."

"He could be bluffing since a body hasn't been found. You're mom didn't leave you here. You were in an accident and your mom was taken from the car. Damon is the one who brought you here from the hospital. He's been protecting you and searching for her. That's all I really know," Bonnie admitted to me.

"So I am in danger?"

"Damon still seems to think so. Whoever took you the other night had people helping. Damon was able to kill one, who was a vampire, when we rescued you. We think whoever it was has been following you."

"I was taken?"

"Yes, but you don't remember because Damon compelled you to forget."

"Right, that must have been the break in Stefan told me about. You said he killed the vampire. How do you do that?"

Bonnie smiled. "That's probably something you shouldn't know right now."

"We might have a slight problem," Caroline said as she rejoined us.

"What kind of problem?" I asked.

"You're dad died with vampire blood in him." I gave her a disgusted look.

"She doesn't know what that means, Caroline."

"Oh, right. That means he's dead, but not dead dead. At least not yet." I gave her a questioning look.

"It means he is transitioning into a vampire." Bonnie simplified what Caroline said.

"What?!" I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?