You Stupid Girl

Knocking

"Stay here," Jeremy whispered before getting up and going towards the door.

My heart was racing as I laid down on the couch, hiding myself from anyone who could come in. It was kind of pointless, but made me feel a bit better that nobody would be able to see me. I began biting my bottom lip as I listened to Jeremy pick something up before asking who was at the door. There was no answer. I could hear the door being opened by Jeremy then being closed seconds later.

"Nobody was there," Jeremy announced, which frightened me even more. I had my doubts that it was someone who was just messing around.

He was coming back into the living room when it happened again. I peeked over the back of the couch to see Jeremy narrowing his eyes at the door. He took a few steps towards the door before stopping and glancing at me. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and threw it to me before mouthing the words 'text Damon.' He then went upstairs.

I quickly went through his contacts before finding Damon's name. I sent a text that said 'get here' since I didn't really know what to say. Another knock came at the door, but Jeremy didn't come down the stairs. Where did he go? It was silent for a few minutes before tapping on the window started. The curtains were down so nobody could see in or out, and I didn't care to pull them back to see who it was. All it took was someone to tap on the window for me to leave the living room where I was told to stay.

"Jeremy!" I called out as I ran towards the stairs.

I was getting ready to go up the stairs when the front door opened. I let out a scream, and without a second thought, threw Jeremy's phone at the person, who easily caught it. It took me a few seconds to process that Damon was now standing in front of me.

"What's going on? Where's Jeremy?" he asked as he gave me back the phone even though it wasn't mine.

"I don't know. He went upstairs and someone keeps knocking on the door and window," I muttered before glancing at the movement behind him. He turned around as my eyes went wide. One of the two men standing outside the opened door was the escapee. He was smirking at me while the other was glaring at Damon.

"Go upstairs and find him," Damon told me before turning his attention back to vampires at the door.

I ran up the stairs and nearly ran into Jeremy. He told me to stay upstairs as he went down the stairs with a black bag. I went into the upstairs bathroom and locked myself in it before sliding down the door to sit in front of it. I brought my knees to my chest before placing my head on my knees. Was this how I was supposed to live the rest of my life? To be in constant fear that someone or something was after me? And all of it had to do with some family history that I don't even know about!

The phone began going off beside me, scaring the hell out of me. It wasn't my phone and wasn't for me so I ignored it. I got off the floor before looking at myself in the mirror. My bright blue eyes no longer held the happiness they once held. It was replaced with a more terrified look. I frowned as I began to remember how much I loved life as a kid. I had this cheerful personality and didn't have a care in the world. Everything was perfect. Now I was the exact opposite and felt like I was continuing on my downhill fall into a nightmarish hell. How long would it take before I finally break?

"Hey, you can come out now," Jeremy spoke from the other side of the door, snapping me out of my thoughts. I let out a small sigh before picking up the phone and letting myself out of the bathroom. I gave Jeremy his phone before looking around cautiously. "They're gone. Damon and Stefan are taking care of it," Jeremy told me as if he could read my mind.

"Gone as in dead?" I asked warily. Please say yes.

"Not exactly." I frowned. They didn't go and lock both of them up did they? That one managed to escape the first time. What makes them think he won't do it again? Oh right, they'll probably pay better attention and not argue over what's best for me.

We went down the stairs, but I stopped and sat down on the second from the bottom step. I knew that I probably wouldn't be staying here tonight. That Damon would somehow convince me to go back to their place where it wasn't really safe at all. Especially since any vampire could walk right in. I would probably end up hearing the 'I'm only trying to protect you' speech again. Of course I would probably ask questions and get no answers. Funny how I barely even know any of these people and it's like my life depends on them. I was just waiting for all of this to end. As soon as it did, I was leaving this hell hole. I laid my head against the wall as I waited for someone to tell me it was time to go.

I felt someone picking me up, so I opened my eyes tiredly. Damon was carrying me upstairs. My eyes closed when I knew I was safe... at least as safe as I could be. A door opened and seconds later my body was on a bed. My boots were pulled off before blankets covered me. I snuggled into them before getting comfortable.

"Goodnight Kaitlyn," Damon whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek. I smiled a little before falling back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys think Kaitlyn secretly likes Damon? What do you think her family history is and why are there vampires after her? Do you think she is planning on doing something stupid? Comment and let me know. :)