You Stupid Girl

Accident

The past few days have been nothing but awkward silence. My iPod died two days ago. I tried my best to keep it alive as possible, and it probably would have worked too if Mom didn't have to keep stopping to 'use the bathroom.' She didn't have the money for us to stay in a motel, yet somehow she could constantly stop at a gas station to go do whatever drug she was on now in it's unclean bathroom. Bravo, Mom! I'm just thankful that we haven't been pulled over by cops because Mom would be going straight to jail. The only reason we haven't been pulled over is because I somehow got stuck driving for the past two days.

"Want me to drive, honey?" Mom asked, taking a glance at me as I kept my eyes on the road. I had no idea if I was even on the right road anymore.

"It's fine, mom," I muttered, still not making any eye contact with her. She mumbled something before she went back to sleep. I had a feeling that the only reason she wanted to drive was so that she could stop at every other gas station. Since I've been driving, I have only stopped a few times, and that was so I could get gas and something to eat. Mom usually went and done her own thing before getting back in the car, high as a kite. Of course I didn't say a word about it, but was glad that most gas stations had outside bathrooms. I still loved my Mom deep down and didn't need someone to call the cops and have her arrested.

"How much farther?!" I mumbled to myself as I stopped at a red light. I was tired of driving and wanted to sleep in a bed. Most of all, I wanted out of this car with my mom.

A few hours passed before I agreed to let Mom drive. She has yet to stop, but i knew we would soon since the car was running low on fuel. It was hard to keep my eyes open, but Mom had said that we were almost there. Maybe that was why she hasn't stopped at the past few gas stations. I just hoped she was right.

We soon came upon a sign that read 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'. Mystic Falls, my mother's hometown. We were finally here. I took a glance over at my mom to see her expression. She was neither happy or sad to be back here. Instead, she was completely emotionless. My brows furrowed as I tried to remember why Mom left this place in the first place. I think her exact words were 'place was filled with freaks'. She told me about our family here when I was little, but I have never seen them or even been here. She never really spoke of them or Mystic Falls. I remember asking her about Mystic Falls a few years ago for a school project, and quickly learned that that topic was forbidden.

Still struggling to keep my eyes open, I began watching out the car window of the new scenery that would surround me. Mom suddenly slammed on the brakes, causing me to sling forward and hit my head on the windshield. Glass shattered around me as my head was throbbing. Sticky wetness of blood began trailing down my face, dripping off my chin to floor. A scream erupted from the driver's side before quickly stopping. I tried to figure out what was going on, but everything was spinning around me.

Sitting back in the seat, I felt around for the buckle to my seat belt. It took me a few seconds before undoing it. I carefully undid it before placing my head in my hands. My head hurt so bad, and I could feel pieces of glass stuck in some places. Tears had now joined the blood as it trailed down my face. I lifted my head back up which caused more sharp pains to shoot through my body. After blinking the tears back, my eyes trailed over to where my mom was...except she wasn't there.

"Mom?!" I called out, wincing as I began searching for her in the opposite side of the car where I had last seen her moments ago. The driver's side door was open, so I called out for her again.

After no answer, I began fumbling around and trying to open the passenger door. After a few failed attempts, I got it to open and got out a little too quickly. Everything was going in circles and I fell to the ground causing more pain as I scraped up my hands on some loose gravel. I let out a whimper before calling out for Mom again, but still no answer. I rolled onto my back and stared up at the darkening sky that was spinning. It was pointless to try and get up to look for her. With my eyes closed, I tried concentrating on something other than the throbbing of my head.

A few moments later I heard a car coming towards us. I kept quiet as they stopped and got out of the car to see what happened and if we needed help. A woman's voice called out, asking if I needed help and if I was okay. I managed to mumble out a 'yes,' before realizing she only asked if I needed help. A few seconds later she was calling 911. Her words mashed together making no sense to me. I tried to open my eyes, but didn't have the energy to do so. I called out once more for Mom before completely blacking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?