You Stupid Girl

Promise

We spent the day just walking around the town and going into random stores to look around. Elena didn't seem to mind being with me and we kept talking about anything we could... except for vampires. I asked if we just completely forgot about them for now even though she was one. We also avoided the really personal questions that neither of us were willing to answer.

It was around noon when we went to the Mystic Grill to have lunch. We had just gotten our food when Damon and Stefan came in. I let out a groan causing Elena to turn to see who I was looking at. Damon spotted us and came over to our booth with Stefan following. I knew Damon was a bit pissed off since Elena was supposed to have me back at the house... an hour ago. He had texted and called her, but I told her to ignore him. She thought it was funny that I wasn't going to do what I was told. She ignored him, but told me that he would probably come searching for us. And that was something I also knew.

"What do you think you're doing?" Damon asked us, placing his hands on the table before looking between Elena and I.

"Well, I think I'm eating," I answered before taking a bite of my hamburger. Elena had scooted over in the booth so Stefan could sit down. I kept sitting where I was, and wasn't planning on moving over for Damon.

Damon sent me a glare before asking Elena what she thought she was doing. I rolled my eyes before ignoring the conversation about how stupid it was for her to ignore Damon's calls and texts. Poor Damon. He doesn't like it when things don't go his way.

"Kaitlyn." My eyes glanced up to meet his. "Do you plan on letting me sit down or do I have to make you?"

"Go to hell," I smiled before turning my attention back to my food.

"Do you really want to cause a scene in here? I suggest you scoot your ass over now and let me sit down," Damon whispered into my ear.

"No," I stated. I was tired of being told what to do. Nobody said I had to listen to them, especially Damon.

"Someone is feisty today," Damon said to me before grabbing my wrist and jerking me out of the booth. A few people were now glancing our way as Damon began dragging me out of the restaurant.

"Damon!" Elena and Stefan hissed as he pulled me away from them.

I tried to pull myself back, but Damon was much stronger than me. Eyes turned on us as we passed by people. Great, Damon was now causing a scene. I took a glance behind me to see Stefan and Elena quickly following us. Damon threw some money at a waiter before pulling me out the door. When we got outside, he kept pulling me towards the nearby alleyway. I was then shoved against the wall with Damon's face inches from mine.

"Listen to me. You will do what I say, Kaitlyn. I'm not afraid to make a scene. When I say to do something, don't disobey. You are currently out of a hospital and alive because of me. I gave you a place to stay. I am trying to help you, but you keep making me the bad guy. If I have to compel you, I will do so. I've done so before, Kaitlyn, and I will do it again."

"Damon, let her go," Stefan spoke from behind Damon.

"Fuck you," I muttered before shoving past Damon and going to Stefan and Elena.

Thankfully, Damon didn't say another word to me. Stefan did make me go with Damon back to the house, most likely so he would stop being a pain in the ass to everyone. I sent a glare to Stefan before getting into the passenger seat of Damon's car. The car ride was silent and Damon kept his eyes on the road. Not even once did he look at me. It also didn't surprise me when we arrived at the Salvatore house.

We went inside and I headed upstairs to change my clothes. When my clean clothes were on I opened the door to reveal Damon standing there, scaring the shit out of me. I knew I couldn't push my luck with him when it was only us. Who knew what he would do.

"What?" I asked quietly before running my fingers through my hair.

"Not much of a badass when it's only us," he noted. "Admit it, Kaitlyn. You're afraid of me. You know I can easily hurt you."

"I know you can hurt me, Damon. I'm not stupid."

"Then why do you do it, Kaitlyn?" Damon asked as he took a step closer to me. I was staring at the floor, but Damon made me look up at him. I shrugged since I wasn't in the mood to have another argument with him. "All I'm trying to do is keep you safe. I promise you that it will soon be safe for you to go do whatever you want. I know you hate being stuck inside all day and constantly being watched, but it's for your safety. None of us want you to be hurt or killed. Stefan and I also promised your father we would keep you safe. If anything, at least do it for your father."

"Okay," I mumbled before looking back down at the floor.

Damon pulled me into a hug and was resting his head on top of mine. I awkwardly stood there with my head against his chest. Once again Damon was doing something unexpected.

"Promise me that you'll stop being such a pain in the ass and do as I say." Damon pulled me back to look at me.

"Fine, I promise," I sighed. His eyes narrowed at me as if he didn't completely believe a word I had said.

Damon gave me another hug before leaving me alone to do whatever I wanted in the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
And another filler...