You Stupid Girl

Forget

I woke up more confused than ever. My clothes were damp and the cuts on my wrists were gone. There wasn't even a scratch. It couldn't have been a dream because my clothes proved that I was in the shower. Damon. He had found me and made me drink his blood from his wrist. He told me that he wasn't going to let me die. Did he save me? I turned over to see that I was the only person in the bed. I was disappointed, but what did I really expect?

I got out of bed and went to change into dry clothes. I left the damp clothing in a small pile on the floor to add to my laundry basket of dirty clothes later. I took in a deep breath as my hand gripped the doorknob. A part of me knew that Damon probably told the others, or at least Stefan. Now I would probably have someone watching me at all times. I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. It was quiet in the house like it usually was. I knew I wasn't alone though. I might not be able to hear them, but they could hear me.

"Kaitlyn," Damon greeted me as I came down the stairs. He sent me a smile before grabbing my hand. I sent him a look of suspicion as he lead us to the living room.

"What are you up to?" I asked him quietly. Stefan wasn't even here from what I could tell. I didn't know if I should be afraid or not since it was Damon.

"We are going to have a nice long talk," Damon told me as he sat down on the couch before pulling me onto his lap so that I was sitting sideways with my legs on the couch. Many things began running through my mind that we could talk about. Was he going to give me answers or just tell me how stupid I was earlier. Guess it was stupid to cut my wrists while in a house with a vampire.

"About?" I asked cautiously since he was watching me carefully.

"You. But not about your family history with the stunt you pulled earlier. What were you thinking, Kaitlyn?" I shrugged and glanced down at my hands. "Do you really think killing yourself was going to end everything?" Damon tilted my head so that I had to look at him. "You might not have family left, but people still care about you. I care about you. Stefan does. So does Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, and Jeremy. Hell, even Klaus cares enough about you to help protect you! If it wasn't for the fact I could smell the blood, you probably would be dead now. If I hadn't gotten to you when I did, I wouldn't have been able to save you. You aren't taking the easy way out, Kaitlyn. None of us are going to let you."

"Why?" He gave me a questioning look."Why did you save me for? Why do you even care?" I clarified.

"Because Kaitlyn, I am trying to help you. We aren't all monsters... well in a way. I wasn't just going to let you die after everything we've done to protect you." I felt like Damon was trying to avoid actual answers to the questions, but his answer was good enough for me.

"How come my cuts disappeared? What did you do?"

"Vampire blood heals you." I raised an eyebrow. "That's how I was able to save you. All your wounds are now completely healed." He had a look as if something was bothering him as he stared at me. "You might also want to be careful. Because if you die now, you aren't going to be completely dead."

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly, watching as he thought about if he should tell me or not.

"Remember what happened to your dad when he had vampire blood in him?" Damon asked cautiously. My brows furrowed as I remembered. He died then came back as a vampire. Or at least he was transitioning into one.

"He became a vampire," I murmured. Guess I have to be careful now. That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Correct, and that isn't a choice either." Damon narrowed his eyes at me.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on becoming a vampire," I rolled my eyes as I got off his lap. He pulled me back down and I shot him a glare.

"Do you have any more stupid ideas going through your head?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I shook my head no. "And how do you plan on dealing with your mother's death now?" This time I shrugged. "Remember, I can make you forget it all, Kaitlyn. If you rather forget, then let me know," Damon whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine. I began to contemplate the idea of forgetting about my parents all together. Was it a good idea? Probably not. If I couldn't remember them, then I wouldn't have to deal with their deaths ever again.

"I want to forget," I told Damon a few minutes later. He seemed shocked that I actually wanted to. "I want to forget my mom and dad. I want them to become strangers to me." Damon gave me an 'are you serious?' look.

"I didn't think you would actually want to," Damon said as he stared into my eyes. "Are you sure you want to forget your parents?" Damon asked as he pupils dilated.

"Yes," I answered in monotone. Damon then told me to forget all about my parents as if they never existed in the first place.

I blinked a few times to see Damon staring back at me curiously. "Why did you want to forget your parents?"

"What parents?" I asked with confusion.

Damon frowned a little. "That wasn't really the way to deal with someone's death..." I raised a brow. What was he talking about? Who's death?

Damon stood up while still holding me. He placed me back on the couch before leaving me alone in the living room. What the hell was his problem? Oh right, it's Damon we're talking about. Who knows what's wrong with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
short filler chapter. do you think Damon regrets compelling her? what do you think Damon's thoughts about the choices Kaitlyn has made are?