You Stupid Girl

Party

"Kaitlyn, nothing is going to happen to you," Stefan told me as he pulled me into a hug. "We'll protect you, even if it means risking our lives."

I had been sitting on the couch next to Stefan for probably ten minutes, letting everything sink in. Now I see why Damon didn't want to tell me. At least not until that vampire was dead. I was somewhat thankful to now know, but now I was even more terrified since the vampire wasn't going to give up on ending the family line. Vampires were obviously killers, but how evil was this one? To kill every family of the secret society. To kill the adoptive and biological families as well. Out of all of them, I was the last one. I was like a rare gem that people were now protecting. Those people happened to be supernatural as well, and mostly vampires. What if they would want me dead too, sooner or later? Stefan had also mentioned that other supernatural beings wanted me dead also. Were they also plotting to do so? Other vampires knew about me as well. Would they one day decide that they still wanted revenge because of something that happened many years ago?

"I'll never be safe," I mumbled into Stefan's chest. He pulled me back to look at me.

"What are you talking about? You are always safe. None of us are going to let anything happen to you," Stefan told me.

"My life will never be normal again, Stefan. The whole supernatural world probably knows of me by now. Sooner or later, they will all want their revenge. Some might just want to kill me just for the hell of it." I was frowning at the fact that I would never be able to live my life without being in constant fear that someone could be waiting to kill me. I could never have the normal life I dreamed of. Starting a family would just put all of us in more danger. How would I even explain the supernatural to a boyfriend? Most guys would think I was insane.

"That's not true," Stefan said after a few moments of silence. We both knew he was lying and just trying to comfort me. "We will always protect you."

"That's the problem, Stefan. I won't be able to live a normal life because I will always need the protection. Someone will always be there even if I don't want any of you there. Even if you kill this..." I threw my hands up in the air as I tried to think what to call him. "Main vampire guy, he won't be the last after me. It won't end until I'm dead."

"Don't even think about another option," Stefan warned, causing me to frown.

"I'm not, Stefan. That would make it too easy for them and they would get what they wanted." I was upset that he even thought I would attempt suicide again. I had a reason to, but I couldn't let them win.

Stefan sighed, realizing that he upset me. It was probably a bad idea for him to tell me about my family history. We both know it was better off unsaid, but now I had to deal with the reality. The reality that I didn't know how I was going to face it.

"Brother," Damon drunkenly greeted.

My eyes fell to my lap since I wasn't in the mood to deal with Damon. Really I didn't have to deal with him at all. I'm just the 'messed up girl' that he was avoiding.

"Really, Damon? Now is not the time," Stefan spoke from beside me. I glanced up at Stefan in confusion before turning around slightly to see Damon before quickly looking away.

Damon was shirtless with his arms around two blondes who were dressed slutty. Each one also had a bottle of alcohol in each hand. It was obvious they were both drunk by the way they were stumbling and hanging onto Damon. Both girls also had bite marks on their necks with blood oozing out. Damon's mouth was covered in blood that was dripping off of his chin, making it obvious that he was the one who bit them. It was quite disgusting to me.

"What's wrong, Kaitlyn? Don't like what you see?" Damon teased, earning a few drunken laughs for the girls. Of course he would talk to me now.

"Damon, seriously?" Stefan let out a sigh of annoyance.

"C'mon, brother, I'm just trying to have some fun! Lighten up!" Damon came over and sat down on the couch across from us, pulling both blondes down next to him. He began drinking from one of the girls, who kept moaning, making Stefan and I both uncomfortable.

"I'm so sorry, Kaitlyn," Stefan apologized as I glanced away from Damon again. "Go upstairs for now, I'll take care of this," Stefan leaned down to whisper.

I stood up and began to walk away when I felt a rush of air behind me before arms wrapped around my waist. I inwardly groaned, knowing that it was Damon.

"Nu-uh," Damon whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "You're not going anywhere."

"Damon, let her go. She doesn't want to be involved," Stefan spoke from behind both of us.

"What are you going to do, brother?" Damon asked as he spun us around to face Stefan. The two blondes were on the couch giggling and whispering about Damon, I assume. "Y'know, you have never been much of the partying type, and I'm in the mood to party. Call Elena and tell her we are having a party. Invite everyone!" The two blondes cheered while Stefan frowned at the idea.

"Damon, that's really not a good idea," I said before Stefan could. Why the hell would we have a party when vampires were out to kill me? What were we going to celebrate? My possible death?

"Ah, don't tell me that you're like Stefan," Damon whined before turning me around to face him, resting his hands on my hips. Blood was still around his mouth and I looked away. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him smirk.

"Damon, she just found out about her family history. The last thing she is going to want to do is party."

Damon's grip tightened on my hips, and I knew it would most likely leave bruises. "You told her?!" Damon asked. His mood completely changed and he seemed more sober. From as much as I have seen him drink, I knew he couldn't get completely drunk. Especially since he is now acting like he hasn't had a drop of alcohol all day.

"She deserved to know, Damon." I knew they were getting ready to have their argument about what was best for me. Somehow we always ended up here.

"What did he tell you?" Damon asked me, completely ignoring the calls from one of the girls.

"Everything... I guess," I answered quietly.

"You knew the deal, Stefan. I was going to tell her when he was dead," Damon growled.

"When will that be? When he somehow gets her and we have to rescue her? You haven't been watching her much lately. Any vampire could have walked right in here and taken her. You just now wanted to throw a party and invite people! Did that really seem like a good idea?!" I was enjoying the fact that Stefan was pointing out how little Damon seemed to care about me lately.

"I wasn't stupid enough to leave her unsupervised," Damon stated. "Elijah has been watching the house to make sure nobody went in. He checked on her without her even knowing it." I've been being watched by someone named Elijah? How did I not even know this? And who was Elijah?

"What if a vampire got in without Elijah knowing it?"

"He's an Original. He would have known." Stefan didn't seem too impressed with Damon's plans.

"Who's Elijah?" I asked quietly. Damon glanced down at me as if he just remembered that I was standing directly in front of him. He loosened his grip on my hips, but didn't let go.

"Klaus' brother," Stefan answered for me since Damon was watching me.

"And he's an Original?"

"One of the original vampires," Stefan also vaguely explained, but I got the idea.

"Damon," one of the girls whined. His eyes snapped from me to the two blondes still sitting on the couch.

"Leave," Damon commanded and I realized he had compelled them. Stefan had to stop both of them before compelling each to forget what happened here and that an animal attacked them while hiking in the woods since Damon wasn't going to do so. He then showed them to the door, leaving me with Damon.

"Can you... can you please go wash your mouth?" I asked Damon since I couldn't even look at him without being disgusted. The blood was now dry, but it was still gross.

He sent me a smirk before letting go of me and disappearing from in front of me. Before I could even blink, he was standing in front of me with the blood gone from his face.

"Can you also stop doing that?" I mumbled, before taking a seat back on the couch. I figured he wanted to talk, but instead he just fucking disappeared again.

I needed to clear my head, so I picked up the book I had been reading earlier. No matter how hard I tried to read it, I couldn't get past the page I was on. My family history kept popping back up in my head. I was blankly staring at the same page until I heard footsteps enter the room. It wasn't just a few footsteps, but quite a few. I glanced up from the book to see a few unfamiliar faces mixed in with faces I recognized. I raised a brow at Damon, who now had a shirt on, and Stefan as they all crowded the room.

"We are coming up with a plan to end it all so you can have a normal life," Stefan told me as I placed the book down. "And all of us are going to do whatever it takes to protect you."