You Stupid Girl

Newborn

I woke up an hour ago after sleeping all day. For the first time in a long time, I actually felt well rested. Taking a warm shower made me feel even better. After last night, I didn't really expect to be in such a good mood today. I had a feeling my good mood probably wouldn't last long with Damon around. Especially since I was wanting to go somewhere tonight, and not be stuck in the house.

I finished brushing my wet hair before slipping Damon's leather jacket on. I really hope he didn't plan on getting it back because I pretty much fell in love with it. It went well with my outfit for today which consisted of a plain black, low cut shirt and ripped, grey skinny jeans. Pair that with my black boots and I felt like a badass. I took one last glance at myself in the mirror before leaving my room.

Music had been playing since I woke up, so I knew Damon had to be here. Stefan was probably with Elena and I highly doubt anyone else would be here with music blasting. I went down the stairs following the music to the living room where I found Damon and a girl drinking and dancing. I frowned seeing that he had been drinking from her. Couldn't he have done that somewhere more privately?

"Kaitlyn," he greeted, raising the bottle into the air. He turned his attention back to the girl before quickly glancing back at me and frowning. He left the girl to dance by herself as he came over to me. Here goes my good mood being thrown out a window! "Where do you think you are going?"

"Not sure," I murmured before pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. It was true. Only a few places I have ever been to in this town and I didn't know my way around. It also didn't seem very safe for me to go anywhere by myself still. That was why I was planning on asking Stefan as soon as he came home, unless he was staying with Elena tonight since he's not here now. Damon sure as hell wouldn't take me anywhere. He also seemed to be having a lot of fun right now. I didn't want to ruin that.

"You aren't leaving this house."

"I thought it was safe now, Damon? I mean, you did kill all the vampires after me didn't you?" I raised a brow at him, waiting for him to answer. They were all happy last night with the results, so going somewhere tonight should be okay, wouldn't it?

Damon let out a sigh before pulling me farther away from the girl so she couldn't hear our conversation. "About that..." Well that can't be good. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Since you want to know everything now, you should probably know that one of the vampires may have escaped from us last night."

"What?!" I shouted, causing the girl to stop dancing and look over at us. There goes my good mood I woke up in. "You mean to tell me that all of you just decided to not mention that fact last night? Even after I said I wanted to know all information that involved me? Did you think that maybe that might be important to tell me?"

"It was just some young vampire who was afraid of us. I doubt he even cares to kill you." How reassuring Damon.

"Oh, so if he probably doesn't want to kill me, then why am I not allowed to leave the house?" I asked sarcastically.

"Because a certain little girl has vampire blood in their system and if they die they will begin transitioning into a vampire," Damon spat. Right, I almost forgot about that.

"Is that my fault? No. It's not like you seem to care. You are down here partying while I've been upstairs sleeping. What if that vampire did come back to kill me? Would you have even known? I don't think you are exactly worried about me becoming a vampire, Damon. You probably want me to change and be just like you. Then you wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. Just don't worry about me, Damon. When Stefan gets here, that is if he does come home tonight, I will have him take me somewhere. Then you can party all you want until sunrise!" I turned to walk away, but Damon grabbed my wrist to stop me. When I tried to jerk my wrist away, he tightened his grip so I couldn't do so. I turned back around to confront him, but he was calling the girl over to us.

The girl joined us and her chocolate eyes lit up when Damon sent her a grin, and her thin pink lips turned up to match his. Her wavy brown hair fell down just a little past her shoulders. She was wearing a silver dress that stopped just a little above her knees. She was barefoot, but I could see her matching high heels laying on the floor by the couch. She was at least an inch or two shorter than me.

"Hey, sweetheart. Can you do me a favor?" he asked her. She nodded her head and smiled. My eyes narrowed as I tried to figure out what he was up to. He bit his wrist before shoving it to her mouth. "Drink up." The girl was hesitant at first, but did what she was told.

"Damon, no!" I shrieked when I realized what his plan was.

"Don't think I care, Kaitlyn? Do you really think I want you to become one of us?" He pulled his wrist away from the girl's mouth before pulling her into his side. "Maybe you should meet a newborn vampire who is oblivious to our world." He let go of both of us before snapping her neck. My mouth fell open in disbelief as she fell to the floor. Damon always took stuff too far. This time he went way too far. He literally just killed a girl who was close to my age just to bring her back as a vampire.

I tried to run away from Damon, but he stopped me. He took me over to the couch and sat down before pulling me onto his lap. He held me against him and made sure I was looking at her lifeless body. Tears fell down my cheeks as I closed my eyes.

"Shh, don't worry, Kaitlyn. She will come back to life soon enough."

"What is wrong with you?" I cried. "Don't you have any humanity left in you? Or do you only have so much that you use in a week? You are better than this, Damon. You didn't have to kill her to prove your point."

Damon didn't say anything. Minutes passed and the only noise was the music that was still playing, but it had become background music to me. Her body was still lifeless on the floor. I was leaning back on Damon as he kept his arms wrapped around me and his chin resting on the top of my head. We sat there, waiting for her to move. The thoughts of what would happen next kept popping up. Even though I was sure I had never seen a person become a vampire, a part of me felt like I had in some way. Since I was human, would she try to drain me of my blood? Or would Damon stop her? Where was Stefan? He could stop this.

After an hour or two, she finally began moving causing me to freeze in place. Damon moved out from underneath me, leaving me on the couch. He helped her up before whispering into her ear. Her eyes landed on me and I pushed myself farther into the couch. Damon came back over to me with a smirk. Dammit, Stefan. Why is it you stay with Elena when you are needed the most here?

"Do you trust me?" he asked, taking my hand to pull me up so I was standing beside him.

"Damon, please don't." The fear of her possibly draining me of my blood crossed my mind. My eyes stayed on her since she was more of a threat than Damon.

The girl darted towards me and I shrieked. Damon stopped her and held her away from me. "Not her," he hissed. I let out a small sigh of relief since he wasn't going to let her harm me.

"Why did you do this to me?" she asked sadly, looking up at him with her tearful brown eyes.

"Blame her, not me. I'm just using you to prove a point." I looked at him in disbelief once again. Now it was my fault? He was the one who gave her his blood then killed her. The blame was all on him.

"Can you please turn off the music? I'm beginning to get a headache," the girl whined as she rubbed her temples.

"Don't worry about it. It will be gone soon because I know how to get rid of it. We were just getting ready to leave. How about you join us?" Damon sent me a wink before wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to his side. I went along with it since complaining would be pointless. I did stay away from the girl as far as I could since she was on the other side and it made me uncomfortable.

Damon made us slowly walk all the way to the town square. He was mostly watching the girl now, who told us her name was Alana, since she was having a hard time controlling her lust for blood. Each house we passed she would stop and stare, hoping that someone would come out so she could attack them. Damon would jerk her arm to get her to move. Every time we walked by someone, he had to hold her to him just so she wouldn't get the person. He was teasing her with each passing person and possibly with me being so close. Her eyes would land on me every now and then and she glared as if it really was my fault. We all knew she needed blood to survive now. Each passing minute she was getting weaker and would complain more about her head aching.

"Pick someone, Kaitlyn. After all, it is your fault." Yeah, let's keep blaming me. I shook my head no. "Either pick someone or take the chance with her drinking from you. It's your choice."

"That's not fair, Damon." He chuckled, knowing that I hated either choice. Why were these people out for anyway? It was at least three in the morning by now. Doesn't anyone sleep?

Alana complained again, so I finally pointed at a guy who looked homeless out of the few people I could see.. I felt bad, but what did the guy really have to lose? There was the chance he would survive... hopefully. Damon sent me a smirk before leaving me alone on a bench. He took Alana with him as they went to greet the guy. Damon was still holding her back since they were in the middle of a public place that had lights all around and some people were still out and about. The three began walking across the street. Damon glanced back at me and nodded for me to follow. I casually followed far behind as we went into an alleyway. Damon opened the door to an abandoned building, letting Alana and the man both go in before him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside as well.

The building had a musky scent and only had dim light from outside coming through the dirty windows. Old boards, newspapers, dead leaves, dust, rusty nails, and a lot of other stuff were covering the floor. Damon wiped off an old metal chair that was in the corner before motioning for me to sit down.

"Can I now?" Alana begged from beside Damon as her eyes stayed on the man's neck. How Damon got her to wait seemed amazing since she had been wanting to drink someone's blood since we left the house.

Damon nodded and her fangs were in the man's neck before I could blink. Memories of last night filled my mind when that one guy wanted to taste me. If Damon would have showed up a second later, he would have done so too. A shiver spread throughout me as I thought about what could have happened. This guy had only let out a few groans, but I had a feeling he was compelled too. It made me wonder how bad it really hurt.

"Stop," Damon commanded, breaking me from my thoughts. Alana didn't stop though. He left my side and pulled her off the man. "That's enough." She pouted, but did what Damon said. Damon quickly compelled the guy before looking over at Alana then me. "Stay here with Alana, I'll be right back." I looked at him as if he was insane. He was leaving me here with a newborn vampire who will possibly kill me.

He was soon out of sight, leaving me with Alana. The man was on the ground mumbling something. Alana glanced from the man whose blood she had been drinking back over to me.

"It's all your fault," she muttered as she took a few steps toward me. "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be this monster."

"I'm so sorry, but it's not my fault. Damon is the one who made you this way. Not me. I didn't want you to become this."

Alana was now standing directly in front of me. I could see the man's blood smeared around her mouth and still dripping down her chin. Her dress had drops of blood down the front of it. Her eyes held a hard glare.

"It's. All. Your. Fault!" she screeched as her face changed. She easily picked me up from the chair and threw me against the wall. I let out a yelp as my back collided with the wall and I fell to the floor. She was at my side in an instant, picking me back up. "Damon may have told me to not drink from you, but he never said I couldn't hurt you," she chuckled darkly. "Payback is a bitch." She slapped me before she was pulled away from me.

"I went to get you a little gift and this is how you repay me?" Damon asked her as he threw her into the wall opposite of me. "I thought you would do much better than that."

"You said it was her fault and I wanted payback. It's not fair that she is still alive and human and I'm this... this freak!" Alana cried.

"Sorry, but no payback today. Guess I will let the other guy go." My eyes fell on another guy who was standing by the door. Damon went to him and opened the door before telling the guy to get lost. He went back over to Alana when the door was closed.

"Why are you doing this for?" she asked as he stood in front of her.

"I'm not doing anything, sweetheart. Just be thankful that you are still alive because if you ever touch Kaitlyn again, I'll make sure you won't be alive to see another day." Damon took a glance at her then the guy who was still on the floor before looking at me. My eyes widened as Alana came up behind Damon with her fangs showing. He spun around to grab her and slammed her to the floor. He then pinned her arms down by her side. "Never try to do that again. I am older, faster, and a lot stronger than you."

Alana struggled with Damon for a few minutes before she finally gave up. If looks could kill, he would be dead by now. He let go of her before standing back up. His eyes fell on me where I sat against the wall I had been thrown against. "Let's go, Kaitlyn."

I got off the dirty floor and headed towards the door without looking back at Alana or the man who was nearly dead. Damon stayed behind me in case Alana tried to attack me again. Opening the door let some of the morning sun in. Guess it was later than I thought. I had just taken a step outside when I heard a cry from behind me. Turning around, I saw Alana standing in shadows of the building while Damon stood next to me smirking.

"The sun burns me," Alana whimpered. I didn't know how possible that was since it was just rising, but in a way she deserved it.

"Well, duh."

"How can you be in it?" she questioned Damon.

"I have my ways. Guess you will be staying in there until tonight." He sent her one last smirk before walking away with the door opened.

"Why didn't you help the guy? He's still in there and barely alive." I stopped him before he could walk any farther. I knew she was probably listening to our conversation, but I didn't care.

"He could have left. Guess he lost too much blood. At least I stopped her before she drained him dry. Remember, it was the guy you picked. Whatever happens to him is on you. What do you think she is doing now?" he sent me his signature smirk when I frowned. "Don't worry, Kaitlyn. You will soon see the aftermath of what she will do. Just wait until tomorrow. What she did to you is just the beginning. Her anger will get the best of her."

"You ruined her life, Damon. Why didn't you just let her live as a human?"

"Because that's what you want, not me! I had to prove my point. She will want more blood. She will probably drain every person she sees tonight. Might even come after you, since it's your fault and she still wants payback. But no, you always have to push your limit with me. I don't want you to become one of us, Kaitlyn. I want you to see with your own eyes why. If I wanted you to be like me, I would have changed you by now. I care about you, Kaitlyn. That's why I'm protecting you. How many times do I need to tell you?"

I rolled my eyes at him before walking away. "What a great way to show that you care," I muttered. He had just left me alone with a pissed off vampire. How well did he protect me then?

In one quick movement Damon had me pressed against the wall of a building. His hands were balled into fists on either side of my head. His icy blue eyes stared into my mine with anger. Fear went through me when I realized nobody was here to help me now. If Damon was telling me the truth, then he wouldn't hurt me. But a part of me was still terrified of the things he could do.

"Kaitlyn, please just stop arguing with me. You know I care, so stop saying I don't." He dropped his hard stare and his hands before walking away from me.

I was shocked that he dropped the subject so easily. "I'm sorry," I murmured before following behind him. I wasn't even sure why I apologized for.

I let out a groan when I realized we were going to walk all the way back to the house. Damon turned his head to look at me since I was was trailing behind him.

"Can't you use your super speed?" I asked quietly as we got back out in the square. Damon seemed surprised by my request.

"Are you asking me to do something that you usually hate?" he asked, making sure I was serious. I smiled before shaking my head yes. "I can't do so right here in the middle of the square, Kaitlyn. That would raise questions." He sent me his smirk before grabbing my hand and pulling away from people who were going to work or whatever they were doing. When we were sure nobody could see us, I jumped on his back and buried my face into the crook of his neck. "Ready?" he asked as he held onto my legs. The cool wind was hitting me before I could answer. In seconds it stopped and I opened my eyes to see that we were back home. I hopped off his back just as Stefan and Elena saw us. They both gave us questioning looks which we both shrugged off.

"Where have you been?" Stefan asked us... or mostly Damon.

"Out," Damon answered. Short and simple. If Stefan found out about Alana, he would probably kill Damon. And as much as I wanted to tell Stefan, I wasn't going to rat out Damon. That just seemed like a bad idea. I knew that Stefan would find out about her soon enough. I could tell him now and he could stop her from killing anyone tonight. Whoever she kills will be on me. Did I really want to live with that regret?

"Don't you know how to turn the music off before you leave, Damon?" Stefan questioned. "Or how about answering your phone?"

"Also, Damon, who's shoes are these?" Elena held up Alana's shoes. I didn't even realize she still had them off. We were busted. Or at least Damon was.

"Kaitlyn, who was here?" Stefan now asked me. I knew I had to tell the truth. He was depending on me to do so since Damon would flat out lie.

"Alana," I answered quietly.

"Who is Alana?" I felt Damon watching me, waiting for me to spill the truth.

"A girl Damon had here," I mumbled.

"Kaitlyn, please tell us what you know." Stefan and Elena were watching us both with suspicion.

"I turned Alana into a vampire to prove to Kaitlyn how dangerous we are, and that I didn't want the same to happen to her." Damon spilled the truth before I could. He went ahead and told them where she was also. "You might want to hurry before she starts racking up the dead bodies tonight." Instead of cleaning up the mess he made, he let Stefan and Elena do so. Stefan shook his head before leaving with Elena to find Alana.

"Why did you tell them for?" I asked once they left. He began going up the stairs, so I followed.

"Because you would have anyway." I frowned a little. "I also may have done it for you since you don't want people to die," he gave me a small shrug and I smiled. "Don't get use to it though." I couldn't tell if he was being serious or joking. I'm guessing serious since Damon doesn't really do anything for people.

"Thanks," I murmured before stopping at my door while he went into his. Not once since I have been here have I actually been in his or Stefan's room. I felt like I was invading their space, so I kept out of almost every upstairs room. Damon didn't say anything so I went into my room to give him his space.

I grabbed my iPod before laying in bed. I found the song I wanted before staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to Alana now. Would Stefan and Elena kill her or try to help her? Had she killed many people yet? Probably just the guy since she can't get out in the sun. Hopefully Stefan and Elena would help her. If they do help her and teach her the ways they live by, I hope it is somewhere other than here. I have a feeling if she sees me again she'll kill me. As for Damon, she might try to fight him again, but not succeed in getting anywhere. Guess only time will tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, this should have been posted Friday night/Saturday morning but I made a huge mistake in writing this. I babysat Saturday night and was tired Sunday night so I'm sorry for it being so late. 90% of this was written so I really just added some and fixed it. It has over 4000 words making it the longest chapter I have ever written. I apologize for any mistakes it may still have. Another chapter will be up shortly.