You Stupid Girl

Nail

I woke up with my earphones still in. I let out a groan as I sat up in the bed feeling the after effects from earlier. My back hurt from being thrown against the wall by Alana. It was probably covered in bruises by now. I took a look at the time on my iPod before turning it off. I had only been asleep for a few hours. My stomach grumbled next letting me know about the lack of food I've eaten in the past day. I got off the bed and left my room in search of painkillers and food.

It was around noon when there was a knock at the door. Even though I had taken painkillers after eating breakfast, my back didn't feel much better. And from what I was aware of, Damon had left since I haven't seen him all morning. My only choices were to lay in bed and pretend that I didn't hear the knocks, or get up out of my comfortable bed and see who it is. After a few minutes of knocking, I gave in and got out of bed. I let out a whimper before walking towards the door. I was getting ready to go out in the hallway when Damon walked by. He was shirtless, but still had his jeans on. His hair was also a mess. Guess he had been sleeping all this time. I went ahead and followed Damon since I didn't just get out of bed for nothing.

When he opened the door I was leaning against the wall admiring his upper body. When I realized what I was doing I blushed before glancing down at the floor. He talked to some guy I didn't know for a few minutes before closing the door and looking at me.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked since I had averted my eyes back to the floor. For some reason, all I wanted to do was to stare at his perfect, shirtless body. That was not good at all. At least to me it wasn't.

Damon was standing in front of me, lifting my chin up so I was looking at him. From what I knew, he couldn't read minds, or at least not that I'm aware of. His eyes fell on the bruise on my cheek from being slapped. He glided his thumb over the bruise earning a slight whimper from me. "Is this from Alana?" I nodded my head. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"Just my back, but I will be fine," I murmured.

"Let me see." I gave him a hesitant look before turning around. I pulled the jacket and shirt up as far as it would go which was nearly the middle of my back. A chill went down my spine when his fingers began tracing the bruises. I let out a whimper when he touched what I assumed was the biggest and sorest bruise on my back. "What did your back hit?" Damon asked.

"The wall."

"Has your back been bothering you since your back hit the wall?" I shook my head no before explaining that it began hurting when I woke up. "Have you even seen your back?" Once again the answer was no. I glanced back at Damon to see that he was concerned about something.

"What?" I asked as he studied my back.

"You have part of a rusty nail in your back. You don't even feel it?" I shook my head no as I tried to calm my nerves. I knew it had to come out.

"I thought it was just bruised. I haven't even checked to see if something else was wrong." My voice was trembling some as I spoke.

Damon took me upstairs to his room as he tried to calm down. He told me he could get it out, but it would hurt. He helped me out of the jacket before asking me to take my shirt off. I was once again hesitant, but did what he said. I blushed when I realized I was in my bra in front of him. I kept telling myself that it was nothing he hasn't seen before, but it still made me feel awkward. He soon had me lay down on my stomach on his bed.

"Kaitlyn, you've got to calm down. Everything will be alright," he tried to soothe me. I took a deep, shaky breath before burrowing my face back into the crook of my arm. I didn't want to see what he was doing. I already had to feel it and that was enough.

Damon didn't say anything as he got something to pull out the broken nail. From how Damon spoke, it wasn't very long and shouldn't hurt very bad. I guess he was right since he didn't take me to a doctor to have it removed. Or maybe it was because he knew what he was doing. Hopefully he knew what he was doing.

His hand was on my back again right next to the tender area. I let out a small whimper as he began pulling the nail out. A sharp pain went through the area causing me to cry out. It was throbbing now and I didn't know if he got it out or not. Couldn't the stupid painkillers dull the pain some? I wasn't exactly made for taking pain.

"Shh, Kaitlyn. It's out now." I lifted my head up to glance back at Damon with my teary eyes. Between his thumb and index figure he held the small piece of a broken nail. I began to calm down when I realized it was now out.

"Thank you," I murmured as he went to dispose the object.

"You're welcome," he smiled as he came back. "Can you do me a small favor?" he asked as he sat down on the bed beside me.

"What?" I was watching him curiously. What could he possibly want me to do?

He bit his wrist and I frowned. "Please, Kaitlyn. It will heal you."

I thought about it for a moment before turning to my side and slowly sitting up. Just from the pain I had from sitting up I knew I had to. Not only did I have to, but I wanted to. It wasn't because I wanted to get rid of the pain. I've been secretly wanting to taste Damon's blood again since my first taste. And not when he plans on making me because I could possibly die. His blood was disgusting at first, but it got addicting. He couldn't know that though. I kept frowning as I pulled his wrist to my mouth. I began sucking his blood and I knew I was probably as bad as vampires wanting human blood. I didn't want to stop.

"Kaitlyn, enough." Damon had to pull his wrist away. I looked up at him with puppy dog eyes and his blood around my lips. I wanted more and he knew it. Did everyone react the way I did after tasting vampire blood? Damon didn't seem to think I was weird or anything because of it, so I'm hoping so.

Damon was smirking as he watched me with my puppy dog eyes. His eyes locked with mine for a brief second before trailing down to my blood stained lips. He brought his thumb to my lips and began wiping away the leftover blood. His eyes met with mine again before he leaned down and kissed my forehead. My eyes closed as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry for leaving you with her," Damon said quietly as he began rubbing my bare lower back. The throbbing was becoming a dull pain and I knew the vampire blood was taking its effect. "I didn't think she would hurt you in that short amount of time." He pulled back to look at me since I wasn't saying anything. "Forgive me?" I raised a brow at him since that was the last thing I was expecting him to say. He wanted me to forgive him. How often does Damon want anyone to forgive him for the things he's done?

"I forgive you," I sighed. I don't know why since he always fucks up everything. He smiled before leaning down and kissing my lips. This time I was more taken back since that was really the last thing I was expecting him to do.

I sat in shock as he gave me an apologetic smile before getting up. I was trying to process what just happened, but I didn't really even know. Without thinking I grabbed his hand and pulled him back down. This time I leaned up and pressed my lips against his. He was just as shocked as I was before he pushed me back. I tried to hide the hurt from his rejection as he watched me.

"I'm sorry, Kaitlyn," he murmured before kissing my forehead then my lips one last time. His eyes met with mine as they dilated. "You will not remember anything that just happened. Take your shirt and jacket and go back to your room."

I blinked a few times before looking around the empty room. Whose room was this? I don't ever remember coming in here. I grabbed my shirt and put it on before grabbing the jacket. I went back to my room and grabbed my iPod that was laying in the middle of the bed. I stuck the earphones into my ears before turning it on and listening to music.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update. What do you guys think about Damon and Kaitlyn? What do you think will happen to Alana? Do you think more vampires are still after her?