You Stupid Girl

Withdraw

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes slowly opened to reveal an unknown place. Panic set in as I tried to sit up, only to lay back down due to pain. My eyes flickered to my wrists to see wires and tubes hooked up to me. I stared in confusion before noticing the beeping sound that I woke up to. My eyes darted to the monitor and I suddenly realized I was in a hospital...but why?

Carefully, I sat up and began looking around. The walls were white, just like the square tiles on the floor and ceiling. The light dim, but still could light up the room.Two chairs with brown cushions were lined against the wall with a small brown table next to them. On the table was a plastic bag with clothing, my clothing. I glanced down to see a thin, white blanket covering my legs. I was wearing a light blue gown that most hospitals had.

A light knock came from the door, causing my eyes to glance in its direction. A young, female nurse smiled before coming into the room. Her light brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail leaving a few strands to be pushed behind her ears. She was wearing pink scrubs and barely any make up. She glanced up from the clipboard to reveal emerald green eyes.

"Hello, Miss Jefferson. I'm Emily, your nurse. You are in Mystic Falls Hospital. Do you know why you are here?" Her voice was soft as she spoke. She noticed the confusion in my eyes and quickly explained to me everything she knew.

"Where is my mom?" I asked her quietly as I began remembering last night's events. All I really remembered was hitting my head, not finding my mom, and some lady.

"Your mother?" she questioned, seeming just as confused as I was a few moments ago. She began flipping through the pages on the clipboard before looking at me. "It says you were brought here by yourself. Don't worry though, you've had some serious head trauma."

"No, my mother was with me. She was the one driving. She hit the brakes and I hit the windshield. I remember hearing her scream! Where is she?!" I began to cry and Emily told me she would be right back.

Something wasn't right. Why wasn't my mom here? She didn't just throw on the brakes for no reason. She also wouldn't just leave me to possibly die on the side of the road. She might be going through a rough time, but deep down I knew she loved me. I was all she had left.

Emily came back to the room with a blonde, female sheriff in tow. She began introducing herself before I interrupted her. "Where's my mom?" I asked with tears streaming down my face.

The Sheriff told me that the lady who found me had only saw me. Nobody else was there at the scene of the accident. She then began telling me that I lost a lot of blood, and probably should rest.

"My. Mom. Was. With. Me," I argued. "We were moving here to live with her family. I know she was with me." My fists were balled up and the monitor that I was hooked up to was going crazy.

The Sheriff glanced at Emily before telling me that she would look into it. They both left the room to leave me to my privacy. Emily came back a few minutes later with a needle. I gave her a puzzled look as she injected it into one of the tubes that was hooked up to my left arm.

"Withdraw can be hard," she said, earning another puzzled look from me. She left the room without another word and I was soon out of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?