You Stupid Girl

Freak

I woke up in a daze. Morning light was shining through the slit between the curtains. The room was warm and I was burning up. I kicked the covers off of me as I sat up, spotting Damon sitting in a chair near the bed. His head was rested in his hands, and from what I could tell, he was asleep. My eyes searched the room to help me remember where I was and why I was here. It wasn't the room I stayed in and since Damon was in here I was assuming it was his room since it did seem somewhat familiar. How did I get here for the next question I wanted an answer for. Last I remember was that it was storming and I was afraid. Alana came back and had vampires with her who wanted me dead. A male vampire had me and then bit me? My hand went to my neck as I felt for the marks that were no longer there. Maybe he had snapped my neck? But then how was I alive? Had it been a dream? It couldn't have been because it felt so real. The sharp pain in my neck had been unbearable. I could hear my own screams in my head. Damon had called out my name, but everything had gone black.

"Kaitlyn," Damon said groggily. The confusion never left as I slowly glanced over to him. My mind was trying to piece together everything that happened last night. He stared at my hand that was still on my neck so I slowly dropped it to my lap.

"What happened?"

"How are you feeling?" he asked instead of answering me.

"Confused...?" How was I supposed to feel when I didn't even know what happened.

"I'm so sorry, Kaitlyn," Damon apologized as he got out of the chair and moved to sit next to me on the huge bed. I gave him a puzzled look. What was he sorry for? He did what he could to protect me. I'm alive and that's all that really matters at this point.

"Damon, what happened?" I asked again. This time he gave me a slightly confused look.

"What do you last remember?" I told him everything I remembered from last night. My hands went back to my neck as I spoke. I knew for a fact that something had happened to my neck, but whatever proof there was had disappeared. I didn't have vampire blood in me from what I was aware of. Did Damon save me from death again somehow? Or did he heal me with his blood when I blacked out?

"Please tell me what happened." I was pretty much begging now. Instead of telling me anything he yelled for Stefan. I let out a sigh of annoyance as I crossed my legs.

Stefan entered the room and took a glance at me before sending Damon a look of curiosity. They both took a glance at me before sharing a glance with each other. I knew they were having some kind of silent conversation about me.

"She doesn't remember anything after blacking out," Damon finally told Stefan. Stefan shot me a curious look this time as if he was trying to figure something out.

"Will one of you please tell me what's going on?! And stop giving me looks as if I'm some kind of freak!"

"Last night you were bitten. Before we could get to you, he broke your neck. I know you won't remember this, but you had my blood in you. You should be transitioning into a vampire, yet you aren't. You are still human somehow," Damon finally spilled to me.

"Are you sure you are feeling alright?" Stefan asked as he came over to look me over better.

"I feel fine," I murmured. It was the truth. I didn't have the need for blood, however, I was hungry for some food and cereal was sounding great for breakfast.

"Go stand in the sunlight," Damon commanded. I raised a brow at him, but got up and went over to the window. The barely little sunlight coming through the curtains was already hitting me and it didn't do anything to me. I opened the curtains up before standing in the sunlight feeling the warmth on my skin.

"I'm pretty sure I'm still human," I smiled as I turned around. I was happy to be alive, but something was off. If what Damon said was true, then how was I still alive? Was I some kind of freak? Am I still going to transition into a vampire in the near future? What if I become a half vampire half human now? Maybe it was just that my neck didn't break correctly to kill me and that the vampire blood healed me. That was really the only explanation.

"Bonnie made the ring," Elena said as she came into the room with Caroline and Bonnie with her. The three of them stopped in their tracks when they saw me standing in front of the window with the sunlight hitting me. They were just as confused as the Salvatore brothers.

"I'm not dead," I confirmed. "At least not completely dead."

"I thought..."

"She should be." Damon cut off what Elena was going to say.

"I guess my neck wasn't broken to kill me. Probably paralyzed me, but I seem okay. Guess Damon's blood healed me. Speaking of which, when did you give me your blood?" I crossed my arms over my chest as I glared at Damon. Guess he compelled me to forget. I was beginning to wonder what else he's compelled me to forget.

"That doesn't matter right now. What matters is whatever is going on with you."

"Nothing is wrong with me! I feel fine. Just because I should be dead and wanting blood right now doesn't mean that something is wrong!" I shook my head at them before pushing past Caroline and Bonnie who were standing in front of the door.

I was going to prove to them that nothing was wrong with me. That I'm not some freak of nature. I obviously wasn't immune to vampire blood since it healed me. That's all it simply did now. I never died so it healed me. They should just be thankful I'm not dead or transitioning. If I was, I would become one pissed off vampire because of a certain someone. And if I had died, well I would have been much happier.