You Stupid Girl

Deal

I was thankful that Stefan arrived home before Damon. Unlike his brother, he would actually listen to me and tell me what would be best. Damon would straight out tell me no before hearing what I had to say.

"Hey, Stefan, can we talk?" I asked as I joined him in the living room. I took a seat on the couch, stretching my legs to the other end.

"Everything alright, Kaitlyn?" he asked as he sat down in a chair with a glass of alcohol. As much alcohol that got drank in this house you would think they would have ran out by now. Guess they must have had a huge stash in the basement.

"Yes and no. I want to move out and have my own place." He seemed quite surprised at that. "It's not you or anything. I just feel like I'm intruding. It's not my place and I am old enough to be living on my own. To be honest, I don't know how long I've even been living here. I don't even remember arriving here to begin with."

"You've been here for a few weeks. I can also promise you that you aren't intruding at all. But if you want to have your own place then I can't exactly stop you." He smiled at me and I smiled back. "Do you have a place in mind?"

"Not yet," I said as I bit my lip. "I do however want to move far from Mystic Falls." Stefan raised a brow at me and seemed even more surprised.

"Kaitlyn, you do know that there are still people out there who want you dead?" I nodded my head. "Maybe not now, but they could in the future. If you stay in Mystic Falls we have a better chance of protecting you," Stefan explained.

"That's the problem with this town. All it seems to do is bring in the supernatural. That's why I rather be away from here."

"Is that the real reason why you want to leave Mystic Falls?" Stefan questioned as he watched me carefully.

"Yes," I lied but knew he saw right through me.

"Have you told Damon this yet?"

"No, because I know his answer. He would never let me move out. He doesn't even let me leave the house without someone being with me or at least watching me!" I frowned as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"He does it to keep you safe, Kaitlyn." Stefan sighed. "How about we make a deal? I'll talk to Damon about letting you live on your own, but you have to stay here in Mystic Falls." I let out a sigh. At least I wouldn't be staying here anymore.

"You promise?" I asked, making sure that Stefan wouldn't change his mind.

"I promise. I'll even buy you everything you need."

"It's a deal," I smiled.

"What's a deal?" Damon questioned as he joined us. I glanced over at Stefan hoping that he would tell Damon. Damon poured himself a drink before moving my legs and sitting down with my legs now across his lap.

"Kaitlyn wants to have her own place," Stefan told Damon.

"What? No!" Damon said as he shot me a look. "It's not safe."

"You left me here alone in a house where anyone can walk right in including vampires." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You aren't leaving here, Kaitlyn. That's final," he said as he moved my legs to stand up.

"You don't control me, Damon. I can do what I want," I said angrily.

"You make stupid decisions, Kaitlyn. You are not living on your own."

"Damon, she would be safer if she had her own place. She could invite whoever she wanted in. We even made a deal that she stayed here in Mystic Falls so we would be nearby if she needed us." Damon seemed to get angrier that Stefan was taking my side.

"To stay in Mystic Falls? Where else did you have to go? You've got nobody but us."

"Damon..."

"No, Stefan. She's not going anywhere. She can't even defend herself!"

"You can't keep her here against her will."

"I can and I will. You can't stop me, brother." Damon turned his attention back to me. "You aren't going to leave, Kaitlyn. If I have to compel you to stay, then I will. It's your choice." I glanced over at Stefan for help, but Damon blocked my view. "Your choice, Kaitlyn. Not his."

"Fine! I'll stay here, Damon. I will stay here and live a miserable life while hating you for it. I will hate you for every second that goes by that could have been spent differently by living my life. I'll wish everyday for your demise, so that I will finally be set free from a psychotic vampire who thinks he can control people!" I stood up and shoved him out of my way before walking away.

"Really, Damon?" I heard Stefan say as I left.

As I went upstairs I could hear their voices get louder as they argued about what was best for me. I could only hope that Stefan would win. If not I would literally be spending the rest of my life here in this house.

I was folding my clothes when my door opened to reveal Damon. I ignored his presence as I continued what I was doing. He sat on the bed and watched me without saying a word.

"Here's the deal," Damon spoke after about five minutes. "You will stay here for a few more months. Once we are sure nobody else is after you, then you can get a place somewhere here in Mystic Falls. We'll pay for everything and let you live your life however you want to. You will also have to invite Stefan and I both in, not just Stefan since I'm sure you already had plans on not inviting me in since I'm such a 'psychotic vampire.' And if you ever make plans to completely leave town after that, we will find you since you will be breaking your promise to Stefan." I rolled my eyes even though he didn't see since I was putting my clothes away. I would love to run far from this town and see if they could find me. I'm sure I could manage to hide from them in a big city, unless they had Bonnie do a spell to find me. "Kaitlyn, did you hear anything I just said or are you ignoring me again?"

"I heard you," I answered as I threw him his clean jacket that I no longer wanted.

"You can keep the jacket, Kaitlyn."

"I don't want it," I muttered as I finished putting up the rest of my clothes. I began looking around my room for some other way to avoid having any more conversation with Damon.

I heard Damon sigh before he got up and came to my side. "I know you're mad at me, but what is this really about? You were avoiding me earlier, so don't even deny it." I tried to avoid his gaze, but he held my head between his hands and made me look at him. "You can either tell me, or I can compel it out of you."

"Of course you would compel me," I sneered. "Honestly Damon, I want you out of my life. I wish I had never met you. You are seriously the worst person I've ever known! You're worse than the vampires who tried to kill me!" I saw a flash of sadness in his eyes before it was replaced with anger. I regretted saying it as well, but it was too late to take it back. I had to remember who he was and what he is. And that it also would never work out between us. I just needed him to leave me alone. "All you've done is ruin my life. You've compelled me, used me as bait, and even used me as your blood bank! I'm tired of it Damon. I'm tired of you trying to control my life."

"Fine, Kaitlyn. If that's really what you want then I'll leave. You can stay here with Stefan and try to live a normal life with all your friends. All of you can live in denial to what is really happening as you live your happy little life. Is that really what you want? For me to be gone for good?" I bit the inside of my cheek before nodding my head. I once again saw the hurt in Damon's eyes as he dropped his hands from my face. "Then I guess this is goodbye, Kaitlyn." With that being said he walked out of my room. I didn't know if he was serious or not, but I guess I would find out in the morning.