You Stupid Girl

Gone

The next morning Damon was gone. I had asked Stefan where he was, but he didn't know. Either that or he wasn't telling me. I figured he would be mad since it was my fault Damon had left, but he wasn't. I honestly didn't think that Damon would seriously leave just like that. I thought he was just being over dramatic to make a point to me like usual. As the days went by I realized that Damon wasn't coming back anytime soon and it was all my fault.

With Damon being gone I had a lot more freedom. Stefan allowed me to go wherever I pleased as long as I kept in touch. He even bought me the latest iPhone so I could do so as well as a credit card so I could buy myself whatever I wanted or needed. I usually never bought much since I didn't want to go overboard. It wasn't my money to spend, but his. I would buy whatever I needed for the house, new clothes, and maybe something that caught my eye in the store. Otherwise it was kept to a minimum.

During the week I didn't exactly have anyone to hang out with since all my friends were in school. I actually thought about returning even though it had been at least a month that I've missed. Stefan told me if I wanted to return he would work something out so I was all caught up with what I missed. It was tempting, but I chose to continue staying home alone or going out while they were there.

I think I was more amazed at the fact that not a single one of them brought up Damon. I had a feeling it was mostly for my sake or they were also glad that he was gone. Maybe they all knew where he was and just didn't want to tell me. For the most part they did seem happy that Damon was out of the picture and couldn't boss them around as well.

Everything was peaceful in Mystic Falls and to some degree that bothered me. Since being here I had known nothing but fear of the supernatural creatures that were after me. Now that they were eliminated it was like the calm before the storm. I knew about what happened here before I arrived since Stefan was always up to telling me stories about what's happened here, and I just happened to be the latest victim. I had a feeling the peace would end sooner than I would like and I would have some part of it since I was friends with Elena, who seemed to be the one who was always the target before I arrived. Guess in a way I was like Matt, except for the fact he was never hunted down because of some family past.

Saturday soon arrived and I was excited to have plans. The town was having a Thanksgiving festival since it was a week and a half away. According to Caroline, they had a festival for everything and would probably have one everyday if they could. It was just going to be all of us friends hanging out together and having a fun time.

I finished getting ready and was going to grab my new hoodie I bought when I noticed Damon's jacket on the floor under the bed. He had left it here a week ago and I had thrown it under my bed since I didn't want to see it. I put my hoodie back before picking it up off the floor and putting it on. No matter how much I hated or loved Damon his jacket would always be my favorite. I could also admit that I missed him and regretted the fact that I wanted him gone. Of course I wasn't ever going to admit that out loud to him or anyone else.

"Ready to go?" Stefan asked as I came down the stairs. I saw that he had noticed I was wearing Damon's jacket, but he didn't say anything.

"Ready," I smiled before going out the front door. We were going to meet the other's in the town square.

When we arrived people were already crowding the streets. Stefan and I joined Matt, Elena, Jeremy, and Bonnie as we waited for Caroline and Tyler. Music filled the air from locals who were performing on a stage that had been set up. I could smell many different foods that were being cooked and handed out to people. Caroline and Tyler soon joined us and the eight of us began walking around.

We spent the entire day doing whatever was set up for today. It didn't matter if we were getting something to eat or drink, playing games, listening to the musical acts, or just plainly messing around. We did what we came here to do and that was to have fun.

Night fell and the square was all decorated with Christmas decorations. It felt like the entire town was still out celebrating today's event. Most people were now dancing to the music as I watched while drinking hot chocolate. Bonnie was with Jeremy, Elena with Stefan, and Caroline with Tyler. That left me and Matt by ourselves.

"Still don't like dancing?" he questioned from beside me.

"Not really," I answered even though I would love to be dancing right now, just not with him. If I was going to dance with anybody it was going to be with Damon.

"Do you mind if I left you alone to ask someone to dance?" he asked.

I smiled. "Go ahead. I'll be fine, Matt." He sent me a smile before walking towards a girl standing not far from me. He asked before taking her hand and taking her towards the middle where everyone was dancing.

"It seems that your friends have abandoned you," Klaus said as he suddenly appeared by my side. I had seen him and his siblings around throughout the day, but we made sure that each group avoided each other. I was really the only one that got along with them in the first place. At least with Klaus and Elijah.

"I don't mind."

"Why aren't you out there dancing?"

"Not really into dancing," I shrugged.

"So if I asked you to dance you would turn me down as well?" he questioned, letting me know that he had heard me turn down Matt's offer just moments before.

"Yes."

"Can you believe that, brother?" Klaus asked, causing me to glance over at him to see Elijah by his side. "Miss Kaitlyn doesn't like to dance."

"Each to their own, Niklaus," Elijah said before smiling at me..

"Well I guess I shall find someone who does want to dance," Klaus said before giving me a smile. "I'll see you around, sweetheart." Klaus left me as well, leaving Elijah by my side.

"You don't plan on asking me to dance as well are you?" I asked. It came out a bit more rude than I meant it to.

"I had no plans on asking you," he smiled.

"At least someone got the point," I sighed before smiling.

"Now that everything is over, do you plan on staying in Mystic Falls?" Elijah asked.

"I don't exactly have a choice," I frowned a little. "Damon and Stefan don't want me to leave." It felt weird saying Damon's name aloud since I haven't in a week. "They want me to stay in Mystic Falls so they can keep an eye on me."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but Damon Salvatore left due to your request." I had no idea how he knew that unless word got around fast.

"Yeah," I answered with a hint of sadness. "But Stefan still wants me close by."

"Why exactly did you send Damon away if you don't mind me asking?" I bit my lip as I thought about telling him or not. "It's just that you seem to miss him."

"He's a pain in the ass," I answered. Elijah cracked a smile knowing that it was true.

He was getting ready to say something when his phone went off. He pulled it out of his pocket to check who it was. "It was nice talking to you Kaitlyn, but if you would excuse me, I must take this." I smiled before saying goodbye to him.

I was soon left alone in a crowd of people I did not know. I could still see most of my friends dancing, though a few were now missing. I began pushing my way out of the crowd before throwing my empty cup away in the trash. I walked towards where there was less people before taking out my phone. The festival would soon be coming to a close and I wanted to leave before it became a traffic jam. I sent Stefan a text letting him know where I was as I leaned against the wall. He replied a few minutes later letting me know that he would be here in a few minutes. I was putting my phone back in my pocket when hands covered my mouth and I was pulled away from the festival all together. Nobody noticed as I tried to scream and struggle to get free. The person put me into the trunk of the car before slamming it shut. The panic really set in when the car sped off. I could only hope that someone had saw what happened and my heroes would soon rescue me again because I sure as hell couldn't break my way out of the trunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update and don't worry Damon will be back soon, but will he be the one who saves her?