You Stupid Girl

Pack

"I know you never left Mystic Falls and were watching after me," I spoke after a few minutes of silence. Damon glanced over at me and smiled before averting his eyes back to the road.

"Did you seriously think I would leave Mystic Falls?" he questioned.

"Well, no. I had a feeling everyone knew where you were. I guess there was a reason why Stefan was giving me so much freedom." Damon just sent me a smirk as he pulled into the driveway. He didn't say anything so I figured it was the end of the subject. We were just getting back to talking to each other and I didn't want what happened to start another fight between us.

I followed Damon inside the house before heading downstairs to the blood bags. I frowned as I grabbed a bag as I gently squished the bag between my fingers. Blood was part of surviving, but it was still nasty to me. However it didn't seem as disgusting as animal blood which was a pretty bad thing to say. I still couldn't figure out how Stefan managed to drink an animal's blood over a human's. I was also not one who was willing to try it.

I quickly began drinking the crimson substance before I lost the will to do so. I knew I only needed enough to survive. I was actually drinking less than what Stefan thought. I knew the more blood I drink the stronger and faster I would be, but a part of me still couldn't do it.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before throwing the blood bag away. I heard the front door open and close from above me and smiled when hearing Stefan and Elena's voices. I vamp sped up the stairs and was frowning with my arms crossed as I casually leaned against the wall. "You left me with Damon?!"

"We had things to attend to," Stefan told me exactly the same as Damon had earlier.

"Did that really seem like a good idea?" I questioned. For the most part I was messing with him. Damon and I were on good terms... at least I think we are. It still did seem like a stupid idea even though I'm sure Stefan knew exactly what he was doing.

"Did it Stefan?" Damon asked as he joined us with a glass of Bourbon in his hand. I knew he had been listening in and wanted to mess with his brother as well. "You left me to babysit the baby vamp. Do I look like the baby vampire sitter to you?" I had to bite my bottom lip just to stop myself from laughing.

"He tried to kill me," I said with complete seriousness. "I see what kind of friend you are, one who leaves their friend with their psycho brother!"

"Damon!" Elena looked at him in shock. She seemed to be buying it more than Stefan. Damon casually sipped his drink while she scolded him for trying to kill me.

"What really happened?" Stefan asked as he caught on to the game we were playing.

"Oh, nothing other than the blood lust I had for people. I wanted to kill a child, Stefan. A CHILD!" The fact that a poor innocent child could have been killed by me today was still haunting my thoughts.

"But you didn't?"

"Of course I didn't. I don't want to kill anyone. I don't even want to be around anyone because I'm afraid of doing so."

"You can't just cut yourself off from the world. You can manage to survive without killing a single person," Stefan tried to explain to me.

"Yeah, but it won't be easy. And yes, I know that I need to believe in myself... blah, blah, blah. Damon already went over this with me a few times today. None of you will let me kill anybody. I get the point. A part of me even knows that I won't kill anyone. It's the fact that I want to and can picture it in my head. It sucks." I tried to explain to them what was really bothering me.

"That part of you will always be there. It's part of a being a vampire. You just have to learn to control it." Once again I was being told the obvious that I was aware of.

"Yeah, I know, but it just sucks. Being a vampire sucks... literally," I ended the conversation with that before going upstairs to my room. I could only hope that they were right, that everything would be much better as time passed. All I had to do was believe in myself and trust them.

I had just sat down on my bed with a book in hand when Damon came into my room. "Pack some stuff," he said without giving me a reason.

"Why?" I questioned.

"We are going somewhere." Once again no specifics on where or why we were going somewhere.

"I don't want to go anywhere," I frowned.

"You can't just keep yourself locked in the house. Last time I checked you hated being stuck here all the time," Damon pointed out. Obviously I wasn't a vampire then.

"Technically, I don't lock myself in the house. And I love it here!" Damon wasn't buying it. He knew I still wanted to leave the house even though there was the chance I could kill someone.

"Will you just do what I ask. Please?" I let out a groan knowing that sooner or later I would give in to Damon.

"Fine," I grumbled before placing the book down on the bed.

In a matter of minutes I had a suitcase I found packed with everything I would need for at least week. I still had no idea where we were going, or why. And from how he spoke, it was just the two of us which I did not have a problem with. I was carrying my suitcase down the stairs when Damon took it from me. I raised a brow at him, but didn't say anything as I followed him out to his car. We said our goodbyes to Stefan and Elena before we head on our unknown journey. At least it was unknown to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update! :)