You Stupid Girl

Run

When I woke up again, the sun was beginning to set. Did I seriously sleep most of the afternoon as well? I knew that I wouldn't be sleeping tonight, but that didn't really matter. It wasn't like I had to do anything tomorrow.

I got up and stretched before hearing my stomach grumble. Damon had said he would bring me food back, but was he even back yet? Was Stefan even here? Nobody tried to wake me up from what I was aware of. The house was also really silent, so I could be here by myself. Guess the only way to find out was to leave the room.

I pulled my sleeves back down as I slowly walked out of my room and down the stairs. I could hear talking from the living room, so I went towards it. All eyes fell on me as I awkwardly stood there. The only person I recognized was Stefan out of the three. I'm guessing they were Stefan's friends since they looked around his age and Damon wasn't here.

"You must be Kaitlyn since you're wearing the clothes I gave to my mom for you," A girl with blonde hair said as she came over to introduce herself. "I'm Caroline."

"Hi," I said, shaking her hand. "Thanks for the clothes. Um, I will give them back soon."

"Don't worry about it," Caroline smiled.

"I'm Elena," the other girl introduced herself. She was holding Stefan's hand, so it must be his girlfriend that he had mentioned to me yesterday.

"We were getting ready to go to a bonfire. Wanna come?" Caroline asked.

"Um, that's probably not a good idea..." I bit my lip as I thought about last night and how Damon freaked out when Stefan took me out to eat.

"Are you sure?" Stefan asked. "You've been stuck in this house all day."

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" Caroline was grinning.

"What will be fun?" Damon asked from behind me, causing me to jump.

"We're going to a bonfire and invited Kaitlyn to come," Caroline was still grinning.

"No. It's not happening." Damon shook his head. That was the exact response I was expecting.

"Damon, does it seem fair to keep her in the house all day? She needs fresh air," Stefan spoke, trying to change Damon's mind.

"She probably doesn't even want to go to some lame ass bonfire," Damon stated.

"Do you want to go?" Elena asked me. I shook my head no. It did sound lame.

"See!"

"Wait, you didn't...y'know?" Caroline asked, frowning a bit.

"Do what?" I asked, suddenly confused. I turned so I could see Damon.

"Nope," Damon answered, popping the 'p'. Stefan, Caroline, and Elena all seemed wary of Damon, but didn't say anything else.

"We'll be going then," Stefan spoke.

The trio left, leaving me alone with Damon. I finally noticed the bag of fast food he was holding in his hand.

"Is that mine?" I asked, completely forgetting about the conversation that was just going on. He smiled before handing it over to me. After thanking him, I sat down on the couch as I took out the double cheese burger and large fries. Damon watched me for a few minutes before leaving me alone in the room.

"Figured that you might want some of this," Damon said as he came back into the living room. My eyes went from my food to the boxes Damon was carrying.

"What is it?" I asked as I shoved another french fry in my mouth.

"Your stuff."

"How did you get it?"

"Retrieved what was yours from the sheriff." Damon shrugged like it was no big deal before placing the boxes down.

"Thank you," I smiled as I got up to go through the boxes.

Damon was getting ready to say something when we heard what sounded like glass breaking from upstairs. Damon was instantly by my side, holding onto my wrist.

"What was that?" I whispered. Nobody else was in the house from what I was aware of.

"No idea..." Damon answered as he kept me close.

Damon began backing up, keeping me behind him. I was soon against the wall with Damon standing in front of me protectively. Another sound of glass shattering came from upstairs. Then it sounded like something was pushed over. The electricity went out and I grabbed onto Damon's arm. Heavy footsteps entered the room not even a minute later.

"Give us the girl," a deep voice boomed.

"Why?" Damon asked.

"She belongs to us," another male voice said.

"You wish."

Next thing I know, Damon is yelling out in pain and telling me to run. I let go of his arm and tried to run away from whoever wanted me. I didn't get far before someone's arm wrapped around my waist and hand covered my mouth.

"Going somewhere?" they breathed into my ear before snickering. Next thing I know, everything is black.

I woke up sitting in a chair with my hands tied behind it. My feet were tied together as well. The room was dark and cool as if it was a basement. Tape covered my mouth, so I couldn't scream. My eyes scanned the darkness, trying to find anything that could be useful. A door creaked open and bright light shined in, nearly blinding me.

"You're awake," the deep voice from earlier said. I didn't acknowledge him, but was keeping my eyes on him. "Hungry?" No reply. "Be that way." He slammed the door, leaving me alone in the dark.

I began trying to get my hands loose from the rope. It wasn't very tight, but tight enough to keep my hands in place. If only I could somehow get one hand out... After at least an hour of trying, I got my right hand free. I was then able to get my left hand out as well. I began working on the knot that kept my feet tied together. It was hard to do in the dark, but soon got it undone. Now came the hard part. How do I get out of here without being noticed?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?