Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Te quiero y solamente usted

-Maria:
I woke up with a smile, today Leo had gone to training and I was supposed to meet up with Anna, Shakira and Daniella to go shopping. I got up, showered and got dressed. I made my way into the kitchen to have breakfast when I saw a note on the kitchen table with Leo's black credit card next to it.

Querida, I have spoken to the girls and they promised me to get you some clothes, now I didn't tell you this so you would agree to it. And please take my card and let me treat you to this, I want to do this for you, I trust you to keep it safe. Te amo mi amor.

PS: Make sure to visit that lingerie store again ;)

Your Leo
xx

I shook my head at my man antiques, but I decided to let him get away with this, just this once. I knew he'd be upset if I didn't let him do this. I gently took his card and placed it in my wallet, I decided to avoid using it as much as possible, and mostly use my own money. I couldn't help but feel guilty, I loved him for him, not his money.

I had breakfast and left the house, locking the door and making my way to Leo's car. Now I had gotten my driver's license, but this was the first time I was driving all alone, so I gingerly started the car, driving very carefully. I got used to it after a while and parked the car perfectly when I arrived at the mall. I spotted the girls and made my way over to them.

"Midget!" Anna squealed and wrapped her arms around me. I laughed and hugged her and the others as well, and we made our way in to the mall. I noticed that Anna now sported a tiny bump and I smiled, nudging her gently.

"You'll have to come shopping for maternity clothes." I teased and she smiled.

"So, Maria, we've heard that your closet needs to be upgraded a whole lot." Shakira said and gulped.

"Well, maybe a little, but not so much." I said shyly and they all laughed.

"Chica if you're going to meet Leo's parents you'll want to look fantastic, and besides you'll need bikini's and summer clothing for your trip to Argentina." Shakira said and I smiled shyly. I didn't like being in the center of attention that much.

We made our way into this fancy store and I sighed as I looked at the prices. There was no way I afforded any of these things, and I wouldn't let Leo spend this kind of money on me.

"Girls there's no way I can afford this, and don't even say anything about Leo, there's no way I'm letting him spend this much on me." I said and they smiled at me before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm glad Leo has finally found a girl that doesn't love him for his money, you're so good for him." Daniella said and I smiled at her.

"However chica, Leo specifically said that he wanted to treat you to this, and we can tell that you never spend any money on yourself, it's time to treat yourself, you deserve it." Daniella said and they all nodded. I shook my head, refusing to let Leo spend so much on me. They sighed and Shakira pulled out her phone and called someone. She muttered something in spanish and I just stood there, looking down. Suddenly she handed her phone over to me and nodded at me softly.

"Amor." Leo whined on the other end and I sighed loudly.

"I thought I told you that I wanted to treat you to this querida." he continued and I rolled my eyes.

"These things cost way too much Leo, I'm not letting you spend that much on me." I said and he sighed.

"Amor, I've got money to buy you thousands of those clothes, why won't you make me happy and let me pamper you for once?" he asked and I sighed.

"Because I love you for you and not for your money Leo." I said and he laughed.

"Is it because of that nena?, I know you do and I love you for being so selfless and amazing, but if you don't let me do this, then I'll have Shakira take your purse and pay for you, because I want to do this." he stressed out and I groaned and handed the phone back to Shakira. She took the phone and listened to what Leo said, and smirked at me after she hung up. Moved swiftly towards me and grabbed my bag before I could utter a word, then Daniella and Anna showed me into a dressing room, shoving clothes in for me to try on.

I ended up trying about what felt like a hundred dresses and a billion bikini's on and modeled them all to the girls, and Shakira apparently grabbed everything that they approved of and went and payed whilst I was changing. So I never had the chance to stop her. I felt extremely guilty and when we stepped into Victoria's Secret I had enough.

"Look, please let me pay for whatever I'm buying in here?" I pleaded and after giving me looks, they finally sighed and agreed. I smiled and hugged them. I ended up picking up some more underwear, similar to those Anna forced on me before. As I made my way towards the cashier, Anna looked at me smugly.

"So I was right, Leo did love those." she teased, eying my bag. I rolled my eyes at her and we moved out of the store. After spending the rest of our time buying Anna some maternity clothes, we had lunch and decided to go home, since Anna wasn't feeling so well.

"Bye chica, I'm so happy we got to spend today together, and I can't wait to spend more time with you." Shakira said and I smiled, hugging her.

"Yeah, I can't wait for you to meet Lia, she's going to love you, and I feel a right close friendship between all of us." Daniella said and I smiled.

"I'm going to miss you all when I'm in Argentina, we have to meet as soon as I get back." I said and they agreed, I hugged them all tightly and moved to Anna.

"Bye Anns take care I'm going to miss you so much and I can't wait to see how huge you'll be by the time I'm back." I said and she rolled her eyes, hugging me tight. I kneeled and faced her stomach.

"Bye baby, be good to mommy and I'll see you when I get back." I said and they laughed at me, I smiled at them and waved before moving in to the car, driving away carefully.

I arrived home and unlocked the door, hearing shuffling inside the kitchen and I smiled, taking off my shoes and placing the shopping bags in our bedroom. I walked into the kitchen silently, seeing Leo chopping onions, I moved up to him and wrapped my arms around him, cuddling in to him. He jumped for a second, then relaxed.

"Amor." he said happily, turning around to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss and when we pulled away, I looked into his eyes.

"I missed you, but I'm still a bit mad about all that money you spent on me Leo." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. He looked at me before laughing loudly.

"What's so funny Leo, I'm trying to be mad here." I said a smile escaping my lips.

"Aww nene you know you can't be mad at me for too long, besides see it as me enjoying seeing my beautiful girlfriend in sexy clothing." he said and wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head, he was right, for some reason I could never stay mad at him for too long.

"Ok prince charming, now what are we having for dinner tonight?" I asked, kissing his cheek lightly before moving to chop the rest of the onions that he'd left. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'd rather have you for dinner." he said and I raised an eyebrow, making him laugh.

"Seriously though Romeo, what do you fancy for dinner?" I asked, putting on a fake british accent.

"How about paella?" he suggested and I agreed. We cooked dinner together again, and he made me laugh some more.

"So we're leaving early tomorrow nena, better get some sleep." he said and I smiled. Argentina would be exciting, even though I was extremely nervous about meeting his family..
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 17!
So do you think Leo's family will like Maria?

Happy reading
xxx