Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Te quise y te quiero y me doy cuentade que sin ti me muero

-Maria:
I woke up in Leo's arms with a huge headache. We didn't fall asleep until very late, and I assume the headache was part of the jetlag. I groaned and sat up, swinging my legs of the bed and got up slowly, moving to my bag to find some painkillers. I dug out four painkillers and drowned two of them myself, leaving two for Leo, I had a feeling he'd wake up with this headache as well. I picked out an outfit for the day and took my towel and toiletries, opening the door slowly and tiptoed to the bathroom, that was in the hall, making sure to be as quiet as possible. It was still really early and everyone was still asleep, I was just jetlagged. I took my shower, got dressed and tip toed back into our, or Leo's old, room.

"How are you feeling amor?" I asked and moved to sit next to Leo, who sat on the bed, holding his head.

"I have the biggest headache in the world." he croaked and I moved swiftly through the room and got him the painkillers and a glass of water.

"Here you are amor, I woke up with the same headache, but I had these and took a shower, so I feel better now." I said and massaged his shoulders slightly.He moaned and leaned in to my touch before taking the painkillers and taking big sip of the water.

"I don't know what I'd do without you querida" he whispered and I kissed the back of his neck softly.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear and he turned his head around, kissing me deeply. I smiled into the kiss and he turned around, gripping my waist and moving his hand to my thigh, rubbing softly. I moved into his lap and we stayed like that for a while, kissing. Eventually I pulled away and looked at him, playing with his hair a little.

"You need a haircut Leo." I teased and he laughed, rubbing his nose against mine, giving me an eskimo kiss. I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead against his.

"Te amo mi amor." he said thickly and I smiled, kissing him again. I could never get tired of kissing him. After a while he pulled away and went to take a shower, I laid back in bed, closing my eyes. I probably fell asleep, because I was awakened by Leo kissing me lightly.

"I know your tired amor, but if you sleep off the day, then the jetlag won't disappear." he said and I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I got out of bed and Leo dragged me downstairs, apparently we were having lunch. Lunch was amazing,and I got to know Leo's family some more. They were really amazing people, I suddenly realized how lucky I was.

"¿Usted ha estado nunca a la Argentina antes de Maria?" Jorge asked and I shook my head.

"No, but I've always wanted to visit." I said and smiled. This was how we did it, they spoke spanish, I answered in english and sometimes in spanish. It was good, we understood each other, and that's what mattered.

"¿Pero por qué la Argentina, cuando allí son otros países asombrosos en el mundo?" Celia asked curiously and I smiled.

"There's just something about Argentina that always drew me to the country, yes there are amazing countries in the world, but I've always felt a pull towards Argentina, I'm not too sure why." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. She nodded and smiled at me kindly.

"Do you watch football?" Maria Sol asked me and I nodded.

"Yes, well the important games, but I don't know anything about the rules of football and I generally only watch the world cup and other important games." I sad and she smiled.

"Who did you cheer for in the world cup last time?" she asked and I smiled.

"Argentina." I said simply and they all looked at me curiously.

"What?, I told you there's always been something about Argentina, and besides you have a great team." I said making Leo grin at me.

"Did you know about my hermano before you met?" she asked again and I shook my head.

"Not really, I had heard of him, but never actually paid attention to him." I asked and her eyes widened.

"I though Leo was joking when he said that you didn't recognize him, but it's really true." she said and I nodded, laughing a little.

"I'm the most unathletic girl in the world, and I mostly watched the world cup because of the hype." I sad and they all laughed.

"But that's changed now, now I really do enjoy watching Leo play." I added and Leo kissed my cheek. We continued to talk for the rest of our meal and it was really nice. After lunch everyone decided to take a nap, I guess this was siesta. Leo grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the bedroom.

"Are you surprised with siesta?" Leo asked as we laid in bed, and I shook my head, cuddling close to him.

"No, it's common in my family too." I said and he laughed.

"I guess there's lots of things we have in common after all." he said and I laughed. I closed my eyes and yawned. I usually never took a nap before lunch, since I couldn't sleep at night, but this time I was so tired, so I fell asleep again. I woke up to Leo stroking my hair softly.

"The phone rang, amor." he said softly and I looked at the frown that was on his face and raised my eyebrow.

"Anna lost the baby." he said thickly and I gasped, my eyes welling up. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, tears of his own evident in his eyes.

"How?" I croaked out after crying for a while.

"Apparently Xavi cheated on Anna, and I guess you can understand the rest." he said and my eyes widened.

"That disgusting piece of shit." I said and Leo just stroked my cheek, kissing my forehead.

"I know amor, I don't understand how he could do that, not only to himself, but to his child and the mother of his child?" Leo said and shook his head disappointedly. I could tell that he was angry at Xavi for what happened.

"Who called?" I whispered and he sighed.

"It was Xavi, he told me he regretted what he'd done and appeared to be devastated about the baby, and he called in hope of you speaking to Anna." he said and looked at me.

"There's no way I'm speaking to Anna about taking him back, he doesn't deserve it." I said and Leo nodded.

"I told him that he didn't deserve it and that I knew you wouldn't do anything, but amor he's still my friend." Leo said and I looked at him.

"I know he is Leo, and I won't be mad about you being friends with him, what happened between them stays between them, I'm just mad because Anna is like my sister. " I said and he nodded.

"I understand you completely amor, I just don't know how he could do it, it's not like Xavi." Leo said and I buried my head in his chest.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but he might have been drunk or something because as much as I hate him right now, it truly isn't in Xavi's character to do something this horrible." I whispered and Leo kissed me.

"I need to speak to Anna." I said and Leo nodded, grabbing the phone and sitting next to me, rubbing my shoulders whilst I called Anna.

"Maria?" I heard her whisper between sobs and I closed my eyes tightly, she was broken and needed someone to pick her up, I just wish I was there right now.

"I'm so sorry Anns." I said, tears running down my face. She sobbed hard into the phone and I held onto Leo tightly.

"It's gone Maria, my baby's gone." she said whilst crying and it broke my heart to sit down and listen to her cry.

"Shhh Anns, it's ok, it's not your fault." I whispered trying to console her in some way, knowing that I had no idea what she was going through.

"It is my fault, if I had been more attentive to Xavi, then he wouldn't have found that in someone else and my baby would still be alive." she whimpered and I shook my head.

"Anna, it is not your fault that he acted like an animal and cheated on you, now I don't understand why, but it is extremely important that you understand that it isn't your fault, it's his fault by all means." I said feeling anger when I thought about Xavi. She just whimpered and kept crying.

"And you know the sick thing Maria?, I still love him and miss him." she said and I closed my eyes.

"It's not sick Anns, you just love him, and if love isn't crazy, it isn't love." I said, looking up at Leo, pecking his lips slightly, he smiled and hugged me tighter to him.

"So do you think I should give him another chance?" she whispered, and I swallowed.

"I know it's going to sound incredibly cheesy, but you need to follow your heart, and look through pro's and cons, what would happen to your happiness if you let him go and what would happen if you let him stay." I said and Leo smiled proudly at me.

"You're right." she said softly, and after trying to console her a bit more, we hung up and I looked at Leo.

"The world's so unfair and cruel at times." I said and he nodded.

"But there's always a brighter horizon around the corner that makes life just worth living." he said and kissed me passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 19!
So Anna lost her baby and Xavi cheated on her, what's going to happen next?

Happy reading
xxx