Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Happiness is a journey, not a destination

-Maria:
Every since I got the ok for Barcelona, things have become slightly better. I haven't felt that miserable, simply because I've been so excited for the trip. We're going to Barcelona the day before my birthday, april 11th, so we'll be there for my birthday on the 12th. We'll also stay there for four days, and we've got tickets to two whole football games! I grin at the thought of being in hot Barcelona, shopping, sightseeing and see a football game for the first time live, including the world's best player Lionel Messi.

Now I might not know that much about football, but I do know that Messi is by far the best player in the world, or that's what Anna says. Anna just keeps preaching about how good he is and how he scores almost all the time. I however do know who he is, just a little bit unsure about the whole "best player in the world" thing.

I sigh as I look out my window, it's at the end of march and we still got snow covering everything. Everything is white, and we've been surrounded by coldness since early November! Snow is nice for a couple of weeks during christmas, but not really for five months, it gets tiring. I shake my head and pull down the curtains so I don't need to be reminded of how cold it is. Most the time I long for things I don't have here, like hot weather, passion and fun, just to name a few..I turned my head as someone knocked at my door.
"Come in!" I shouted and buried myself further into my comforter, to keep myself as warm as possible.
"Hey midget, do you mind if I come in?" my stepbrother Araz said and just walked in. I giggled and shook my head.
"No I don't mind, but you just walked in anyways." I said smiling at him. He laughed and came further into my room, and sat down on the end of my bed.
"So, what's up?" I asked, sitting up straighter and facing him. He looked at me and smiled before pulling out something from a bag that I just noticed he had.

"So you're going to Barcelona midget, and seeing my favorite team play, I have to say I'm a bit jealous." he said pouting playfully. I smacked his arm and laughed.
"Yes, so what about it?" I asked trying to hold in my laughter.
"Well, you're not much of a football fan, so I figured I'd get you your first jersey!" he said and pulled out a FCB Barcelona jersey with number 10 on it.
"Wow Araz, you didn't have to, but thank you! This means a lot!" I said leaning up to hug him tightly.
"No problemo midget, just be careful ok, I know you'll be 18 and want to do things, but promise me to be careful ok?" he said looking at me seriously.
"I promise, and hey why Messi?" I asked confused, i never said I had a favorite player and I really don't, at least not yet.
"Well, he's my favorite player, and I figured it'd be nice for you to have a piece of me over there." he said ruffling my hair, we sat and talked for a bit more before he left my room.

Araz is one of my stepbrothers, and he's definitely my favorite, he acts as if I'm his real sister and is exactly what you would wish for in a big brother, he makes me happy when I feel down and he's someone I can trust and talk to. I smiled at how amazing it was that he thought of me and the trip as something positive, he's probably the only one.

The rest of the night I didn't leave my room until dinner, then had dinner awkwardly with all my family, and then went back to my room to study. Almost everyday looks like this for me, except on the weekends recently when I actually have to leave the house to show my family around in Stockholm, and sometimes I spend time with my friends, but mostly it's me and my room. I know, boring right?

I took one more look at my tickets to Barcelona and sighed, I cannot wait until april 11th I thought as I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi
So this chapter is more of a filler, you see I really don't wanna just jump into them going to Barcelona. I feel that it's highly important to introduce the characters that matter this way. So Messi won't be making an entrance until sometime later, it might be in two chapters or so, possibly even later. I just feel that it's better this way.

Currently I'm brainstorming so much on this story, and I feel so motivated to write, so there's a possibility that I'll pop in one or two more chapters tonight, just because I'm on a roll here :)

Happy reading!
xxxx

PS: I appreciate all the feedback and critique I can get ;)