Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Soy feliz de compartir cada instante de mi vida a tu lado

-Maria:
It's been almost three weeks since we came to Rosario, and tonight we're going back to Barcelona, since Leo has to get back to training. I've loved every second of this trip, and I'm going to miss Argentina and Leo's family. I can't wait until we come back. I zipped up my bag and turned to Leo who was packing his stuff.

"Do you need some help amor?" I asked and he looked at me shocked.

"You're finished already?" he asked and I laughed before nodding. He just shook his head and moved to the side, giving me room to help him. I sat next to him on the floor and started to fold his clothes neatly. After a while we were done and I plopped down on the bed. Leo joined me and laced his fingers through mine.

"I'm going to miss being here." I said and he smiled.

"Me too, how about we fly over here for christmas?" he asked and I smiled, I'd love to spend christmas with Leo's family.

"That sounds amazing." I said, leaning over to kiss him softly. He grinned and got up, pulling me up after him. We went downstairs to spend the last hours of our vacation with Leo's family.

After a couple of hours, it was time to head to the airport. When we got there, things turned emotional. I watched as Celia's eyes filled with tears and I moved in to hug her tightly as Leo was hugging Jorge.

"I'm so happy that I met you and I can't wait to meet you again soon, thank you for everything." I said sincerely as I hugged her tight.

"Era un placer real, y quiere agradecerle por hacer a Leo tan feliz, te amo mi hija." she answered and winked at me as we pulled away. I wiped away a few tears that I didn't know had escaped and smiled at her.

"Te amo tambiƩn, tan mucho." I replied and Leo smiled widely at us. Celia smiled at me before hugging Leo tightly, whispering loving words to him. I smiled and moved in to hug Jorge.

"It's been a real pleasure Jorge, and I can't wait until we meet again soon." I said and hugged him tight as well.

"It's been our pleasure to have you here, you bring this aura with you everywhere you go, you light up every room you step into and I'm so very happy that Leo found you." he said and I smiled at him, before hugging him again.

"Thank you." I said simply and he nodded, smiling brightly at me. Then I turned to Maria Sol. We'd bonded throughout the weeks that I'd been here, and I'd miss her very much.

"I'm going to miss you so much Soli." I told her and hugged her. She hugged me back.

"It's going to be empty here without you and Leo, papa's right you know, you do have this special aura about yourself that lighten's up every room." she said and I smiled at her, tearing up.

"You're an incredibly bright, gorgeous young girl Soli, you're probably one of the kindest people I've ever met and I'm incredibly to know you." I said and she smiled. Leo cleared his throat and I realized that we had to go. I hugged Leo's brothers and gave his niece and nephew a kiss before joining Leo. We said goodbye one final time and left them, walking up to our gate. We walked hand in hand,and this time Leo didn't cover my face up like usual. He held my hand and walked with a proud smile on his face. I smiled, we'd grown so much as a couple every since we came here.

As we took our seats in the plane, I looked over at Leo.
"Why did you let them take pictures of us?, you usually cover me up." I asked curiously and he smiled.

"Well, I did say we have to go public someday, and now I feel like I need the entire world to know that you're mine." he said simply and I laughed.

"Just remember that I'm not a possession, I'm a woman hombre." I said and he laughed.

"Always amor, you know I didn't mean it that way." he said and I laughed.

"I know Leo, I was just messing with you." I said and he rolled his eyes. For the next hours we talked about everything, even stupid stuff. I loved that I could tell him anything without being embarrassed or worrying about him spreading something. The most important thing in our relationship was the trust that we had in each other, it was very strong and it grew stronger everyday. Making our relationship stronger, and drawing us closer as well. It honestly felt as if I'd known him forever, but in fact it'd only been about three months, close to four. We'd always gone backwards in our relationship, and that's what made us so unique, we often let things happen unplanned, and I had a feeling that we'd be like this always.

After a while, Leo fell asleep and I decided to watch a movie. This time I didn't want to sleep that much, hoping to fight off the inevitable jet lag, it had been horrible the first days in Argentina, and I was determined to not go through that again. When we were about to land, Leo groaned and opened his eyes, stretching a bit in his seat.

"You've been up all this time amor?" he asked, yawning loudly. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"Yes, I'm trying to avoid jetlag." I said and he shook his head. I gripped his hand as we were about to land and he smiled, leaning over to whisper comforting words in my air, knowing that I was scared to death. We finally landed in Barcelona and I smiled, it was great to finally be on the ground.

It was around noon in Barcelona when we arrived, and after having lunch and going with Leo when he had to do some paperwork, we finally came home around 6 pm and I was really tired. I plopped in bed as soon as we came home and fell asleep shortly after that.

I woke up to Leo shuffling out of bed,trying to be as quiet as possible. I opened my eyes slowly, stretching before sitting up. Leo turned around, startled that I was awake and smiled at me.

"Lo siento for waking you up mi amor." he said and I giggled, kissing him.

"It's ok, you know I'm a light sleeper anyways." I said and he laughed.

"So are you joining me for training today querida?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I need to go see Anna, I've been gone for to long." I said and he nodded. We had breakfast and then he drove me over to Cesc and Daniella's house, apparently Anna was staying there every since it happened. I knocked on the door and Daniella opened. She hugged me tight.

"Maria, it's been far too long." she said smiling at me and I offered her a weak smile back, truthfully I was incredibly worried about Anna.

"She's in the living room, with Lia." Daniella said, and I smiled at her and made my way to the living room. What I saw there shocked me, Anna was sitting there but she didn't look like the Anna I saw last time. Her eyes were bloodshot and she had lost some weight, not to mention the dark circles underneath her eyes.

"Anns." I whispered, my eyes welling up with tears.

"Hey midget." she said, smiling weakly at me.

"What happened to you?" I said making my way over to her, hugging her.

"Xavi happened." she said thickly and I nodded.

"Have you thought about what you want to do?" I asked softly and she sighed before nodding.

"It's been a month since it happened, and as crazy as it seems, I still love him so much, and I want him in my life Maria." she said softly, tears running down her face. I wiped them away and smiled at her.

"Then we'll get him back in your life Anns, but first I'll have to talk to him and make some things clear." I said and she nodded. I was there with her for about two hours before calling Leo, it was time for me to talk with Xavi.

"Amor!" he breathed out and I smiled.

"Hey Leo, do you think I can talk to Xavi today, is he there?" I asked and he sighed.

"Yes he is, why do you want to talk to him?" he asked curiously.

"Believe it or not, Anna wants him back, but before that I need to make some things clear with him." I said and Leo agreed and told me to come to Camp Nou. I got up, hugged Anna and Daniella, then made my way to Camp Nou.

When I got there, I went to where I knew they were training and walked over to them. Leo spotted me and met me halfway, wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around slightly before putting me down.

"I missed you amor." he said and I laughed, kissing him.

"It's only been a couple of hours Leo." I teased and he rolled his eyes. I laughed some more before kissing him again.

"I know what you mean, I missed you too." I said making him smile. We made our way to the others and I spotted Xavi with Gerard and Neymar. I made my way over to Xavi and looked at him angrily.

"Maria!" he said surprised, and I rolled my eyes and glared at him. He gulped moving back slightly.

"You and I need to talk." I said glaring at him, he nodded and I dragged him to the bleachers so we could talk privately.

"Why?" I asked simply, crossing my arms over my chest, glaring at him. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I was drunk and it was a stupid mistake, I regret it very much." he said and my eyes widened.

"You might have been drunk, but don't use that as your excuse!" I growled out and he looked down.

"I know, and it tore me apart to see her like that Maria, knowing that I was the reason that we lost our baby!" he blurted out and I stared at him.

"Unfortunately, Anna still loves you and wants you back in her life." I said and a wide smile spread across his face. I however still glared at him.

"But that doesn't mean that you're forgiven, she wants you in her life but she hasn't forgiven you yet, you need to prove it to her." I said and he nodded.

"I'll do anything." he said and I nodded sharply at him.

"Oh and Xavi?." I said before he walked away and he turned around looking at me.

"If you ever hurt her in any way ever again, I'll hunt you down and kill you myself." I sad and he visibly shrinked before nodding and making his way down to the pitch. I sighed and went down too, when I got down Leo looked at me, his eyebrows raised.

"What did you do to make Xavi run down like a down with it's tail between it's legs?" he asked curiously and I laughed.

"I just told him what I'd do if he ever hurt her again." I said and Leo laughed.

"Remind me to never get you that angry." he said and I rolled my eyes at him. I spent the rest of the day, watching Leo's training. Afterwards he came to me with Xavi and I raised an eyebrow.

"Xavi wants to meet Anna, and I figured we'd go with him, just incase." Leo said and I nodded, still glaring at Xavi. We drove over to meet Anna and when we got there I stopped them from going in.

"I think I need to go and talk to her, to make sure she hasn't changed her mind, and let her prepare for this." I said and they nodded. I knocked and Daniella opened the door and let us in. I told her to keep Xavi in the hall as I made my way to Anna. She still sat in the same place, it seemed as if she hadn't moved an inch.

"Anns?" I asked her softly and she looked at me.

"Xavi's here, are you sure you still want to do this?" I asked her and she nodded, standing up and following me to the hall. We entered the hall and both Leo and Xavi's eyes widened at how Anna looked.

"Anna?" Xavi whispered and I glared at him before taking Leo's hand and joining Daniella in the living room, they needed their space to talk. Things were quiet until they started to talk, I sighed hoping that Anna made the right decision...

-Anna:
Xavi stared at me and I looked away. I wanted him back in my life, but that didn't mean that I forgave him. I was still incredibly mad and heartbroken at what he did.

"Anna, will you listen to me por favor?" he asked and I nodded quickly avoiding to look into his eyes.

"That night, I was extremely drunk and I don't even remember who it was, I just remember being really drunk and then waking up with a massive headache in someone's bed, it tore me apart when I heard you lost the baby, I still love you nena." he said and I took a deep breath.

"What you did was inexcusable, however for some reason I still love you, I don't know why and I almost hate myself for it, but it's the truth and I've realized that I'd rather have you in my life than live without you." I said and he smiled slightly. I cleared my throat and continued.

"However that doesn't mean that I forgive you, you hurt me a great deal Xavi, and with losing the baby I feel stupid for even letting you back into my life, so don't expect that I'll forgive you anytime soon." I said and he nodded.

"I know, and I'll do anything to prove that I'm sorry and that I regret doing it, just give me time?" he pleaded and I nodded. He moved in to hug me, but I shook my head.

"It's to early for that." I said and he nodded sadly. I walked into the living room, joining the others, who sat silently, Maria looked at me and glared at Xavi. I sighed, I knew she was incredibly mad at him for what he did, and I knew that she'd find it difficult to ever forgive him. I however wasn't sure about completely forgiving him, it's true I wanted him in my life, but was that enough to forgive him, was love always enough?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 21!
So Anna made a decision, but not completely, do you think she'll ever forgive Xavi?

Happy reading!
xxx