Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Tu amor me inspira, tu ternura me conmueve y tus besos me enloquecen

-Maria:
It's been over two months since I started school, everything's been working out fine, and today's the last day of school for me, since we're going back to Argentina soon for christmas. School's been ok, it's been a bit more difficult then I thought it would be, but every since the spanish became easier, school sort of became easier as well. Me and Leo were doing amazing, we've been together for about seven months now and things are amazing. Anna and Xavi are ok, not really as tight as they used to be, but they're fixing the trust issue that lies on their relationship at the moment. I'm still not entirely happy with Xavi, but I do think that they'll work it out, they can't function without each other.

One thing that has me worried is my mother. She's been calling me non stop and I've been ignoring her calls, but I have a feeling that she'll show up soon. Leo's been telling me to ignore it and stop stressing about it, but I can't help but feel worried. She tried to ruin things between me and Leo once, and I can't help but worry. I sighed and got out of bed, Leo had woken me up about thirty minutes ago, but I hadn't bothered to get up. I was so tired, since I'd been working really hard on school the last few nights, something that Leo didn't particularly like.

"Good morning sunshine!" he beamed as I entered the kitchen and I laughed. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me softly. I kissed him back and we stood there wrapped in each other for a long time.

"Are you excited for today, it is the last day of school after all." he teased and I shook my head, laughing.

"Not really, I'm more excited about Argentina, how long are we staying again?" I asked and he laughed.

"We'll go in two weeks and stay for christmas and until you leave for Kenya." he said and I smiled. Suddenly there was a loud knocking on the front door and Leo raised an eyebrow, who would come to visit so early. I sat on the chair as I shook my head. Suddenly I heard Leo curse loudly and I made my way over to him, wondering what was wrong. What I saw at the front door, made my eyes widen and my hands sweating. There at the door was my lovely mother.

"Oh Sweetie it's nice to see you again." she said sarcastically and I backed away, Leo immediately came to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"What do you want mother?" I asked, glaring at her. She just smiled.

"Oh why would I need a reason to come and visit my daughter?" she asked and mad her way into the house.

"It's nice here, I see you've sold yourself out to a nice rich man like the whore you are." she said, her voice laced with malice. Leo growled and I just closed my eyes, I had a feeling that she would show up sooner or later.

"What is it you want, mother?" I repeated, trying my best to stay calm.

"Money, unless you want me to go to the press and tell them all about what a little whore you are." she sneered, picking at her nails. My eyes widened and I growled at her.

"You know what?, you can go tell the press anything you want, I really don't care!" I yelled and she looked at me shocked, I bet she thought that reputation mattered to me, truthfully it didn't matter, as long as I had Leo.

"Ok first of all, you don't get to call my girl a whore, secondly this is blackmailing and I've got camera's set everywhere outside this house, it's easy to find you coming up here and that's enough for the police, and thirdly I want you out of this house and out of our lives, if I ever see you come near my girl ever again, I'll call the police directly!" Leo growled out and my mother flinched, before looking at the both of us. Realizing that there was nothing she could do, she huffed and stepped out of the house. Leo slammed the door shut and I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and he wrapped his arms around me and I buried my head in his chest.

"It's not your fault, never apologize for something that's not your fault." he said softly and I looked up and kissed him. He kissed me back holding me close.

"Now I think you're late for school." he said and smirked, my eyes widened and I literally dragged him out of the house. Once we got to school, I kissed him softly and ran up to class. I knocked on the classroom door, hoping that they'd answer. The same boy from a couple of months ago, I eventually learned that his name was Eduardo, opened the door and smirked at me. I glared at him and made my way inside.

"Care to explain why you're late?" Mr Fernandez asked me in spanish, and after going over what he meant, I sighed.

"Lo siento seƱor." I said quietly and made my way over to my seat. He shook his head and continued his lecture. I took notes and tried to concentrate. But I couldn't get my mind off my mother, I knew she wasn't going to give up, she was stubborn, something that I'd got from her. I just shook my head and brushed it off.

-Cherie (Maria's mother):
I can't believe my own daughter did this to me, I have to make sure that she ends up miserable, and the only way I can succeed in that is if I make Lionel leave somehow. If she ends up miserable, then she'll come back home. I grinned as I saw them leaving the house, in their rush they forgot to lock the door. I smirked and made my way into the house. As I walked around the house and looked for something that would make Lionel so angry, he'd leave her, it suddenly struck me. If she got pregnant, then he'd certainly leave, he doesn't seem like a man who'd stay for a child. This way I'd get a grandchild at the same time, oh yes, this would be perfect!.

I made my way into their bedroom and looked through their drawers, I smiled when I found the box of condoms. I opened the box and took out all of them, I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed some scissors. I took out my purse and grabbed a small needle from my makeup bag. Carefully I opened up all the wrappers and sticked holes through every condom. When I was done, I sealed the wrappers and made sure they looked like they did before. I smiled, I knew this was bulletproof since this was the way I got pregnant with Maria, her father didn't originally want kids, so I did what I had to do to get pregnant. I went back to their bedroom, put the condoms in the box and left them in the drawer, making sure that the were in the exact same position. Then I left the house, closing the door and smirking to myself.

Now I just had to wait..

-Maria:
After school, Leo picked me up as usual and I was so tired, that I fell asleep in the car. I woke up in bed and stretched, as I made my way downstairs I heard laughing. I guess Leo invited the guys over. I made my way to the living room and smiled, Shakira, Daniella and Anna were chattering and the guys were in the kitchen laughing.

"Maria!" the girls grinned at me and I smiled. I plopped down on the couch next to them and smiled.

"So how have you guys been?" I asked and they smiled.

"The question is how have you been?, Leo told us about how you've been studying every night for the last two weeks." Daniella said and raised an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

"I just needed to catch up with my spanish, and I had loads of homework to do." I said and she raised her eyebrow again. I laughed at her and pinched her cheek, making her laugh at me.

"So we need to go shopping soon!" Anna declared and I shook my head.

"I had a feeling we'd be planning a shopping trip, you're a shopaholic, Anns." I said and they all laughed whilst Anna rolled her eyes. We agreed to go shopping in a few days and later the guys joined us. This time Cesc was with them as well and I got up to shake his hand.

"Hola, you must be Cesc, I'm Maria, it's nice to finally meet you." I said and shook his hand, he smiled at me.

"It's my pleasure, you're really as beautiful as Leo described you to be." he said and I laughed. We spent the afternoon just hanging out and having dinner. I decided to let my mother leave my mind, I mean what's the worst thing that she could do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 23!
So there's something going on with Maria's mother.....

Right, so school officially starts tomorrow, so I'll try to update a bit today, because as of tomorrow there'll be less frequent updates...

Happy reading!
xxx