Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Te quiero con todo mi alma

-Maria:
It's been about a month and a half since Leo proposed to me and things have been absolutely amazing. Tomorrow I leave for Kenya and Leo's been pretty upset about it. I'm going to miss him, but it''s only three weeks. Leo however has been pouting all day, it's actually a little funny.

"So how does it feel to be engaged?" Leo asked me for the millionth time this month, I smiled and kissed him softly.

"Amazing." I said and he smiled.

"So no cold feet?" he asked and I laughed.

"No, stop worrying amor." I said and he laughed. I made my way into the kitchen and met with Celia who was busy looking through some book.

"What are you doing Celia?" I asked and she looked up, smiling at me.

"I was just looking in this book about Kenya, I wanted to know how it is there." she said and I smiled. Every since I mentioned Kenya they had all been worried, something about it not being safe in Africa.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, besides it's a trip with school, it can't be safer than that." I said and she sighed before nodding.

"So have you been thinking of setting a date for the wedding?" she asked and my eyes widened.

"Well, we figured we'd wait a little, but maybe sometime in a year or two?" I mumbled and she smiled.

"That sounds great, I'm just so excited!" she said and I laughed. We spent some time in the kitchen, with me showing her the different places in Kenya that we would visit.

"Are you really going to a hospital?" Celia asked, her eyes wide. I nodded and smiled at her as Leo and the others joined us in the kitchen.

"It's a hospital for children who are extremely sick and women who have been brutally raped and are pregnant." I said and they all nodded. After that we decided to get to the living room, I plopped down on the couch next to Leo and he wrapped his arms around me, kissing me. Needless to say we spent the rest of the night staying extremely close, I then realized how much he would miss me.

I woke up by Leo planting kisses to my face. I giggled and he moved away, grinning at me. We went downstairs, and I was greeted by the intoxicating smell of Celia's breakfast. I shook my head, she was really worried and wanted me to have a nice breakfast so I wouldn't starve. I felt different this morning though, almost way to tired and also I felt a little nauseous. However I brushed it off and ate my breakfast, chatting with everyone else.

We got to the airport and I said goodbye to everyone, now Leo was holding me tight in front of the security check and wouldn't let go.

"Leo, amor I have to go, remember it's only three weeks, I love you, we can get through this." I said and he smiled weakly, kissing me passionately.

"I know querida, I'm going to miss you so much, promise to call me and te amo con toda mi alma mi amor." he said and I pulled him in to another kiss, he smiled into the kiss and eventually let me go. I waived at him and hurried through security. I ran up to my gate after security control and smiled as I just made it.

I found my seat and buckled up, I would meet my former class over in Kenya, they had left from Sweden last night or this morning, I'm not good with time differences. As the plane finally was in the air, I noticed that there was something wrong with me. Suddenly I felt incredibly nauseous and felt the need to throw up, not wanting to make a fool out of myself, I ran up the aisle and thanked god that the toilet was empty. I locked the door swiftly before bending down, emptying my stomach completely. I groaned as I finished and washed my hands and face in the sink before flushing. This was fantastic, getting sick on the way? I slowly moved my way out of the toilet and back into my seat. I grabbed my phone and started playing a little, trying to get my mind off my upset stomach, suddenly I saw one app that made my eyes widen. It was the calendar app that counted the days of my period, I took a look at the dates and my eyes widened. This couldn't be true, now granted I was just a couple of days late, but the throwing up and the fact that I've never been late struck me. What would Leo say? Because I think I was very much pregnant.

As soon as the plane landed in Kenya, I made my way over to my teacher. I decided to tell her and see what she thought I'd do, I also decided to wait a little before I called Leo. After looking at me oddly, my teacher agreed to talk and pulled me to the side so we could speak privately.

"What is it Maria?" Charlotte asked softly and I sighed.

"I think I might be pregnant." I said and she gasped and looked at me disappointedly.

"Did you not listen in sex education last year, how I nagged you all about protection!" she said, shaking her head at me.

"With all due respect Charlotte, we did use condom's and I'm on birthcontrol so I don't know how this happened." I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Well birthcontrol's not 100% effective and there might have been some sort of hole or the condom might have been broken." she said and I closed my eyes.

"I think you should call the baby's father, he deserve's to know." she said and I nodded, hopefully Leo wouldn't be mad. I dialed his number and bit my lip.

"Amor!" he answered excitedly and I gulped.

"I need to talk to you Leo." I said and fidgeted in my seat.

"What is it mi amor?" he asked curiously, almost a little worried.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered and he inhaled sharply.

"That's impossible, we used protection at all times." he said and I sighed.

"Well it appears that nothing is impossible, the condom must have broke and birthcontrol is not 100% effective." I said and he sighed loudly.

"Listen up, I don't want anything to do with it." he spat out and I gasped.

"What did you just say?" I whispered and he cursed loudly making me flinch.

"Get rid of it, I don't want it" he spat out again and I felt tears rushing down my face.

"I'm sorry, but I can't get rid of my baby, now I don't want you to ever contact me again, you disgust me, you lying piece of shit." I spat, sobbing. I couldn't believe he reacted this way, I guess I didn't know him at all.

"I'll send you the ring and have someone move out my stuff from your house." I said and hung up before he could respond. I sunk to my knees and sobbed my heart out, I loved him and I couldn't believe he did this to me. I wiped my eyes and dialed a number I never thought I'd dial ever again. I sniffled as they answered.

"Mom?, can I come home?" I said, sobbing loudly.

"Of course sweetie, I'll even get you enrolled in school again!" she said happily and I frowned, here I was crying my heart out and she was happy, well I guess this was how my life was supposed to be, crappy. The only positive thing out of all this was my baby, I already love him/her and I couldn't believe that Leo did that.

-Lionel:
I sat there shocked at what she said. She was pregnant? However I wasn't ready for a child, and I'd hoped that she'd understand and let it go for this time. But she had to be so stubborn. I sighed and slammed my hand on the table, I just lost the love of my life, but was it worth it? Suddenly mama came into my room, looking at me worried, she'd probably heard me scream and curse.

"What's wrong mi hijo?" she asked and I told her what happened. Her reaction was something different however. Her eyes widened in anger and she slapped me hard.

"How could you Leo???" she screamed and I flinched. Suddenly papa and the others made their way in my room as well.

"I thought I raised you better, to leave a young girl who's probably scared to death and tell her to get rid of her baby?" she yelled again and papa glared at me when he realized what I'd done.

"I'm not ready for a baby mama!" I yelled and she glared at me, her eyes burning with anger.

"Well I hope you're happy with your decision because you just lost the best thing that ever happened to you." she said and left the room, slamming the door after her. Papa sighed.

"Why mi hijo?" he asked me softly and I sighed.

"I just don't think I'm ready to be a father, I'm not good enough to be good father." I said and he sighed, moving towards me and hugging me.

"You're going to be a great father, however your mama is right, I'm not sure if she'll ever forgive you, I think you broke her heart." he said and I frowned. Maybe he was right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 25!
So she's pregnant and her mother got what she wanted. Now how do you feel about Leo's reaction, and do you think Maria's ever going to forgive Leo?

Happy reading!
xxx