Status: In progress

Half a Heart

What goes around, Comes around

-Maria:
I couldn't stop thinking about Leo, and how strange he acted. But still I tried to eat regularly and not stress so much, so I wouldn't lose the baby. I had a feeling he acted out of stress and just generally feeling shocked. And as much as I wanted to feel angry at him, I couldn't. In fact I missed him and knew I needed to let him explain. I was however thrilled over this baby, I couldn't believe we'd created life and I was extremely excited to be a mother, even if it was sooner than I expected. My mother's been acting weird. She keep calling me about updates on her grandchild and tells me to stay away from Leo. She hasn't changed, I mostly called her because I had nowhere to go, there was no way I was going back to Barcelona, I couldn't handle being where Leo was. So I had no other choice.

It's been a couple of days since it happened and he's been trying to call me and I haven't answered, I guess I'm just scared of rejection. Suddenly my phone called again and I realized it was my mother and I rolled my eyes.

"You couldn't stay away from him you little whore?" she yelled and my eyes widened, what was she talking about?

"Mother I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sick and tired of this shit, and I realize now how wrong it was of me to call you, goodbye Cherie." I said and hung up, this was the first time didn't address her as "mother". I sighed and thought about Leo again, what should I do?

-Lionel:
It felt empty without her and with every day that went by I realized how much of an idiot I'd been. The thought of a baby scared me, but the thought of creating life with her and having my own child brought this warm feeling in my heart. I can't believe I let everything I ever wanted in life just go away. But I wasn't going to give up that easily, I've been calling her nonstop and it always goes to voice mail, however I know the reception isn't good in Kenya, so I kept calling and leaving her messages.

I moved over to the drawer to grab some paper when I noticed the box of condoms. Now what interested me was that there was one opened condom wrapper, as if someone had been in there and opened one. I grabbed it and realized that it hadn't been used, so I took it out and had a look. This condom was filled with holes, my eyes widened and I took a look at the other wrappers and realized that someone had sealed them up, it was so nicely done that you could only see it when you looked closely. I opened it up and saw that the condom was filled with holes as well, I did the same to the rest of the condom's and felt my blood boil. Someone had been in our house, and poked holes in our condoms. I closed my eyes and suddenly my phone rang. I smiled widely when I saw it was Maria, I'd tell her about this and hopefully she'd come around.

"What do you want?" she rasped and I could tell that she'd been crying, I cursed myself over at how much of a jerk I'd been.

"I want to tell you I'm sorry, I know that there's nothing that I can do to redeem what I've said but please listen?" I pleaded and suddenly I saw mama and everyone else listen intently to what we were saying.

"I'll listen Leo." she said softly after being silent for a while, I sighed and closed my eyes, happy that she gave me a chance.

"I was shocked when you told me, and I was stupid when I told you I didn't want you and the baby, I love you more than anything and now I realize how much I love our baby as well, I know that you're hurt but I promise you if you give me another chance, I'll never ever leave you or our baby ever again." I said and waited anxiously for her answer, papa rubbing my shoulders soothingly.

"I realize that Leo, but you hurt me so much, now I understand how Anna felt when Xavi did that to her, however I love you more than I hate you, even if it sickens me to say it to you, I won't keep you away from your child, but I don't know if we'll ever be the same." she whispered and I closed my eyes, she deserved better.

"I understand Maria, but I thought I'd tell you that there's someone who was at our house and made holes in all the condoms, but that doesn't change how I feel, I love you and our baby so much, and if I have to spend my entire life making up to my mistake,then I will." I said and she sighed.

"I'm not healthy enough to stay here in Kenya, so I'll be coming back to Argentina, I think we should talk in person." she said and I sighed.

"That sounds amazing amor, do you think you have enough love for me left to give us a try?" I asked and she sighed.

"I wish I could say no, but unfortunately you have my heart, so possibly yes, however at the moment our baby is top priority, we need to move slowly." she said and I agreed, I'd do anything to earn her forgiveness, and I smiled at the thought of our baby.

-Maria:
I stepped out of the airport and immediately ran back in to find the nearest bathroom. Leo saw me and ran back with me and when he realized I was going for the bathroom he came right behind me. I didn't have time to tell him to leave before bending down and emptying my stomach in the toilet. Leo held my hair and rubbed my back, whispering soothing words to me. When I was done, I flushed and Leo dug in my bag, taking out the toothbrush and some toothpaste that I had brought with me for moments like this one, I washed my face before grabbing the stuff from him without a second glance. I brushed my teeth and when I felt better I moved out of the bathroom.

"He's been acting up the last week and a half." I said and Leo smiled widely at me.

"He?, are we having a son?" he asked eagerly and I shook my head.

"I just feel that it's a boy for some reason, call it mother's instinct." I said and he nodded, getting down on his knees, making me stop walking. He put his hand on my stomach and then rolled up my t-shirt, kissing my stomach softly before opening his mouth, I looked at him weirdly.

"Mi hijo, I love you more than anything already, tu eres mi vida, please stop getting your madre sick, she and I love you so much and can't wait for you to join us." he whispered and I had to smile, this was the Leo I remembered, not the one that hurt me. However I wasn't all ready to let him in again, I needed more time.

"That was nice Leo, but it's not going to change anything for now." I said and he nodded.

"But were do we stand?" he asked, drawing circles on my hands with his fingers.

"No matter how unsure I feel about you, I don't want our child to grow up with separated parents, and I still love you, so I guess we're back together, but taking things slow?" I said and he smiled.

"Do I still have the privilege to call you my fiancé?" he asked softly and I sighed.

"I haven't taken the ring off, so I guess so, but this still doesn't mean anything." I said and he smiled. When we finally got out the airport, Celia rushed to me and hugged me tight.

"Mi hija, I'm so glad that you're back and I'm sorry on the behalf of my son's disgusting behavior." she said and I nodded at her. We got in the car and Leo insisted on being next to me, placing his hand on my stomach now and then. I sighed and hoped I made the right decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 26!
Right so things are better between them, but still not the same as they used to be..

Happy reading!
xxx