Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own

-Maria:
I woke up and yawned, rubbing my eyes. I had been up the entire night, throwing up more or less, if I wasn't pregnant I'd say it was food poisoning or something. Leo had been up with me the entire night and now he was asleep, snoring lightly. I'd forced him to go sleep since he had a big game tonight and I knew he needed to be fully rested, after bickering a little I finally succeeded and got him to sleep. I slowly got out of bed, and went to take a shower. I took a look in the mirror and gasped, I looked horrible. I had dark circles underneath my eyes, and my eyes were red. I shook my head at my reflection and took a quick shower.

When I came out, Leo was still asleep. I smiled and went over to kiss him softly on the cheek. He smiled in his sleep and I shook my head. This man had been so incredibly sweet, and I'd felt horrible for not forgiving him entirely. But I decided to take the girls advice and wait until after the game. I made some breakfast for Leo, since I didn't feel up to eating. As I was frying some eggs, I felt Leo sneak his arms around me and kiss my cheek. I smiled and leaned in to him and closed my eyes. His hands automatically went to my stomach and suddenly he tensed and turned me around. I raised an eyebrow at him and looked at him curiously.

"I think I felt your baby bump a little." he said and looked at me shyly and I laughed.

"Leo I've had that bump for a week now, it's just so small it isn't visible." I said and he smiled widely. He put his hand on my stomach again and kissed my forehead.

"Te amo." he whispered and I closed my eyes.

"You know I love you too." I said and he smiled and let me go. I saved the eggs before they were burnt and gave Leo his breakfast. He frowned at me not eating and raised an eyebrow, pushing the plate closer to me. I just shook my head and pushed it back, having him pushing it back to me. I laughed and shook my head.

"Why are you not eating mi amor, you need it now more than ever." he said and I sighed.

"I honestly don't feel hungry, I'll have something later now you have to eat, it's a big game tonight." I said and he smiled before eating, knowing that there was no way of me changing my mind. After Leo had his breakfast, he insisted on washing the dishes, since I cooked. I shook my head at him and he just smiled. We moved to the living room and sat on the couch, suddenly Leo cleared his throat.

"So, umm I'd be over the moon if you wore my jersey tonight." he mumbled shyly and I smiled at him.

"Of course I'm going to wear your jersey, there's no other player I'm interested in seeing anyways." I said and he smiled like a kid on christmas. I bit my lip and resisted the urge to kiss him, these pregnancy hormones were driving me crazy, he was just so sweet with me and the baby, so half the time I wanted to kiss him and jump him, it was a bit annoying really. I swallowed and smiled at him, he got up and disappeared into our bedroom until he came out, holding one of his jerseys and handing it over to me, grinning. I smiled and got up to put it on, kissing his cheek.

Leo grinned at me when I came out of the bedroom, wearing black jeans and his jersey, I also curled my hair slightly and put on some makeup. Leo walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, looking into my eyes.

"Hermosa." he whispered and I blushed and bit my lip. We stayed like that for a while, before deciding to go to the arena. When we arrived at the arena, I hugged Leo, kissing his cheek and wishing him good luck, I had a feeling this game would be special.

Leo had gotten me seats at the best place in the entire Arena, and I smiled and took my seat. I was sat next to some fans who were staring at me in shock. I ignored them and focused on the game. The players entered the pitch and I smiled when I saw Leo, walking proudly to shake hands with the other team's captain.

The game was exciting, but still tense, since none of the teams had scored yet and I bit my lip and hoped for Argentina to score. I knew how much this meant to Leo. And then it happened, Leo scored in an amazing way, shocking the goalkeeper and I squealed and cheered for him as the ball hit the net. He ran across the pitch raising his hands to the sky and getting embraced by the team. Suddenly Leo grabbed the ball and put it under his shirt, turning to where I was sat and blew me a kiss, mouthing "te amo". My eyes filled with tears and I smiled at him, mouthing "I love you" back. The entire arena seemed quiet for a while as Leo had the ball under his shirt, suggesting that he was having a baby with me. I was still pretty gobsmacked, I couldn't believe it. He showed the entire world that he loved me, and now I understood what the girls meant, they probably had an idea of what he was planning, but didn't want me to know.

I practically ran to the dressing room, attacking Leo as soon as I saw him. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him passionately. He seemed a bit blown away, before he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me back, smiling into the kiss. We pulled away after a while and he pressed his forehead against mine.

"So I guess I'm forgiven?" he asked and smiled at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Temporarily yes, but if you ever pull anything like that again, I don't know what I'll do." I joked and he laughed before nodding.

"Why did you change your mind?" he asked as he came out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You've shown me for the last couple of days that you not only love me, but also our child, and then there's that spectacular but unnecessary thing that you pulled on the pitch."I said and blushed slightly as he changed.

"You liked it?" he asked shyly and I nodded.

"I guess there's some part of me that loves that you did that in front of the entire world, making all girls know that this incredible handsome man is mine." I teased and he laughed.

"Funny, I did that for the exact same reason, but I wanted all the men in the world to know that this incredibly beautiful and sexy woman is taken and is giving me the most precious gift in the entire world." he said and I blushed. He kissed me again and I smiled, I missed kissing him. We made our way to the car and I smiled proudly, this was amazing, Argentina was officially qualified for the world cup.

"Are you excited for the World Cup Leo?" I asked and he smiled goofily.

"It would be a dream to win the cup for Argentina, but only if you're there, your sort of my good luck magnet querida." he said and I laughed.

"You know I'll be there, I'll be four months huge then as well, and I read that that's the time when babies start to kick or something." I said and he smiled widely.

"It'll be amazing to have both of you there." he said and put his hand on my almost nonexistent bump. I smiled and kissed him again, I had missed him more than I let on and I now realized that love truly is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 28!
So I loved writing this and I hope you love reading it!! We're almost at chapter thirty and that's sick! I don't really know how far I'll go with this, but I do know that it's not over yet, there's so much left to say!

And I wanna thank everyone that comments and just reads this story, it means the entire world and just motivates me to write more! <3

Happy reading!
xxx