Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you

-Maria:
After the rumors disappeared, things have been significantly better. I'm now almost four months pregnant and Leo's preparing for the world cup, he leaves next week. As I assumed at four months pregnant, I was bigger than the average pregnant lady, and I was worried about how big I was gonna get. My bump was now very big and almost none of my clothes fit me anymore. I sighed as I thought about the shopping that I needed to do, I had already talked to the girls and they were really excited. Leo was over the moon over my bump, and seemed to love the way I looked, making it slightly easier for me to handle. I shook my head and put on the only thing that fit me, a dress that I bought in a wrong size a couple of months ago.

"You look absolutely beautiful mi amor." Leo said and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me.

"Thanks but I feel like a whale already." I said and he laughed.

"You're pregnant querida, besides you're glowing whilst carrying our son, so you're the most beautiful woman on the planet." he said and I blushed. He still made me blush whenever he said anything, something that he enjoyed seeing.

"So are you excited for next week?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Yes, I'd love to win the cup for Argentina, but I'll miss you nena." he said and I kissed him lightly. He was flying out alone at first and I was joining him in a couple of weeks, I'd miss the first game but I was going to be there for the rest, and that's what mattered.

"I know amor, I'll miss you like crazy as well, but I'll be there soon." I said and he smiled. Suddenly I felt this light pressure in my stomach, and put my hand on my bump. My eyes widened and Leo looked at me, worried.

"I think Thiagui's going to miss you too." I said and put Leo's hand where Thiago kicked, and I smiled as he kicked again. Leo's mouth opened and he smiled widely, kneeling down and pressing a kiss against my stomach, every time Leo touched me Thiago kicked.

"I think he knows his papa." I said and Leo laughed, getting up to kiss me passionately. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. Thiago kept kicking and I smiled.

"I think he's going to be a football player like his papi." I joked and Leo laughed, placing his hand on my stomach again.

"How does it feel?" Leo whispered and I smiled.

"Weird, but it's not bad, it's just different." I said and he smiled. We ended up going out to grab some lunch, since I was meeting up with the girls anyways. After lunch, Leo walked with me to the mall and stayed with me until the girls came, every since I'd been getting bigger, Leo's even more protective, so he's always with me and barely ever lets me go anywhere alone, I guess the fear of the press and the rumors still lie around in our minds.

"So what are you shopping for anyways nena?" Leo asked and I laughed.

"Well as you can tell I'm huge, so none of my clothes fit me anymore." I said and Leo pouted.

"You're not huge amor, but promise me to not shop for baby clothing on your own, I want to be there." he said and I laughed before nodding. He smiled at me and kissed me. Eventually the girls came around and I hugged Leo, kissing him softly.

"Bye Leo, I'll see you later, I love you!" I said and he laughed.

"I'll pick you up later, Te amo mi amor and be careful." he said seriously and I nodded before making my way over to the girls. They squealed when they saw me and I hugged them all.

"Omg Midget, you're even bigger then then last time I saw you!" Anna squealed and I looked down, Shakira and Daniella both cleared their throat loudly and when Anna realized what she'd just said she paled before smiling at me.

"You look radiant Midget, you're glowing!" she said and I smiled slightly.

"You really are glowing chica, and I bet Tiagui is going to be adorable, just like his mami and papi." Daniella said and winked at me. I laughed and we went into a store where they sold maternity clothes.

"Right so I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need to buy sort of loads of clothes since I'm just gonna get bigger, so you can do whatever you want with me today." I said and immediately regretted it when I saw the looks on their faces, they had always begged me to let them give me a "makeover" but I'd always refused, thinking that it's a waste of time and money.

"Oh I've waited for this moment every since I saw you!" Shakira said and smirked at me, they all walked closer to me, like they do in those horror movies, and I closed my eyes and sighed as they dragged me around. They put me in a dressing room and threw clothes in, making me try them all on. I rolled my eyes and listened to them, better to let them have their way once.

After trying on a million different outfits, they'd finally agreed on which one's I should buy, and this time I actually paid for everything myself, even though I knew that Leo would be mad. We moved out of the store and met up with the guys. Leo came up to me and took all of my bags out of my hands and wrapped his free arm around me. I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Did you get what you needed nena?" Leo asked and I nodded. He smiled and peeked through the bags to see what I got. Suddenly he frowned and looked at me.

"Tell me you didn't pay for this." he said and I rolled my eyes and he sighed loudly, frowning once more.

"Amor, we're together now, what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine, that includes money." he said and I sighed.

"I know Leo, but I still don't feel comfortable enough to let you pay for everything, it'll take some time to get used to it." I said and he sighed before nodding. Leo wrapped his arms around me and we joined the others.

"So you guys are playing against each other in the world cup, how does that feel?" I asked, referring to the other guys representing Spain and Leo representing Argentina. They shrugged and Gerard looked at me.

"We're not in the same group, so we won't ever play against each other, but the whole thing never bothered us, we support each other and we're friends." he said and I smiled.

"So who will you be supporting, Iran's playing as well you know." Xavi asked me and I smiled.

"It's always been Argentina, besides I would never support Iran, the whole diplomatic issue with women having no rights over there sort of puts me off." I said and they all laughed.

"When is your due date Maria?" Cesc asked and I laughed.

"Either the very end of October or beginning of November, I know I'm huge already but I swear I'm only about four months." I answered and they all laughed.

"You're not huge at all, I was just wondering when we'll meet Thiagui," Cesc said and I smiled at him.

"Well I'm terrified of giving birth, so I'm kind of glad I've still got another five months to prepare myself." I joked and they all laughed. We drove back home and they all joined us. The girls wanted to plan my baby shower before Leo and the others left for Brazil. When we got home, the girls ushered the boys out and we sat in the living room, planning.

"So the guys leave in about a week, and we've been thinking about this baby shower for weeks, so we already invited Leo's family and friends over, all we have to do now is to arrange the whole thing." Anna said and I raised an eyebrow.

"So you've been planning this for weeks without telling me?" I asked them and they nodded. I sighed loudly and closed my eyes, I couldn't keep up with these girls!

"Right, so a baby shower is usually something for the madre, but since we know how much Leo loves to spend time with you and Thiagui then we decided to make it a shower for you and Leo, this way you'll spend some time together before he goes away." Shakira said and I nodded, smiling.

"Ok, so isn't it enough if we just arrange food and snacks?" I asked and they nodded.

"Yes that's good, but we also need to decorate." Daniella said and I nodded. We spent the rest of the time, planning on decoration and such, ordering a cake as well. After a while they all left and I was exhausted, I plopped down on the bed after taking a shower and Leo joined me.

"I'm so tired." I said and Leo chuckled.

"Me too nena." he whispered and kissed me softly, before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my stomach, like he did every night.

"Te amo Thiagui." he whispered and I smiled as he moved back up to me and I kissed him.

"I love you." I whispered to him and he smiled tiredly.

"Te amo mi amor." he said and laid down, wrapping his arms around me, I placed my hand on my stomach and pretty soon Leo put his hand on top of mine.

"Mommy loves you Thiagui." I whispered before my eyes dropped and I fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 33!

Happy reading!
xxx