Status: In progress

Half a Heart

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge

-Maria:
I groaned as I woke up by the alarm, today I was going to Brazil. Leo had gotten early tickets as usual, so the jet lag wouldn't affect me so much, and usually that would be fine, but being almost five months pregnant seemed to make everything worse. Recently the back pains had started and today it was worse than ever, I groaned again and went to wake Anna up. She had slept over for the past week, along with Shakira and Daniella, but they had left for Brazil last night. I made my way to the guest room where Anna was sleeping and opened the door, she was snoring loudly and I sighed, this would be difficult since she was a heavy sleeper.

"Wake up sleeping beauty, it's time to go!" I said whilst shaking her softly. She groaned and turned around. I kept shaking her without any response, so after a while I grew tired. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, if she wasn't going to wake up nicely, then I'd have to do it the hard way. I snickered as I made my way over to her sleeping form and emptied the entire glass of water on her without any doubt. She screamed and shot out of bed.

"MIDGET!!!!" she screamed and I just laughed and made my way over to the bathroom to take a shower. As I was taking a shower, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I gasped before looking down and discovering a small trail of blood. My eyes immediately watered and I got out of the shower quickly, wrapping a towel around me and grabbing my phone, dialing Leo.

"ANNA!" I yelled panicked, before I heard Leo answer. Anna ran into the bathroom and gasped when she saw me and the blood, before swiftly calling the hospital.

"Amor?" Leo finally answered and I sniffed.

"Leo, I think I might be losing Thiagui." I got out before bursting into sobs and Leo gasped.

"What happened mi amor?, Have you called the hospital?" he practically yelled in panic and Anna took the phone from me and answered when she saw that I couldn't.

"I called the hospital Leo, don't worry they're on their way." she said into the phone, helping me up at the same time. Suddenly she held the phone to my ear and I heard Leo's voice again, feeling a little better.

"Listen querida, I'm on my way to Barcelona right now, I don't want you to be scared, everything's going to be ok, I need you to be strong for me and Thiagui, ok?" he said and I swallowed.

"Ok, hurry and get here soon Leo." I croaked as more tears ran dow my face.

"I promise mi amor, I'll be there before you know it, te amo." he said and by now the paramedics were in the bathroom with a stretcher, Anna was behind them. They helped me up and I gasped at the pain.

"I love you more Leo, pray for our son." I whispered and let them put me on the stretcher.

"I already am nena, be careful." he said before hanging up. I closed my eyes as they put me in the ambulance and Anna sat next to me. We arrived at the hospital and I was immediately ushered to Dr Ramirez. She was waiting in the room and rushed over to me as soon as I was in the room.

"Miss Tabrizian, I'm going to exam your womb to see what's wrong, this is highly unusual since you're almost five months along." she muttered before putting my legs into the stirrups gently and getting ready to exam me. I just prayed to God that my baby was ok. After what seemed like forever, she came up and looked at me. I bit my lip, my eyes filling with tears, I was extremely worried.

"I'm happy to say that your son is perfectly fine." she said and I exhaled and felt tears of joy going down my face.

"Thank God!" I said and she smiled.

"However, your blood pressure is extremely high, and there's something that triggered the bleeding, something chemical that would've caused a late miscarriage that would have killed both you and the baby at this stage, some sort of poison." she said and my eyes widened.

"Have you had anything weird to eat, or had someone bring you food?" she asked and I shook my head, who would've done this? After making sure that everything was ok, she wanted to do another ultrasound, but I told her to wait for Leo. He must be really worried, and I knew that the ultrasound would be just what he needed. After a couple of hours, Leo burst into the hospital room, decked in match clothes, his eyes searching for me.

"What happened mi amor?" he asked frantically as he kissed every piece of my face at the same time, I could tell how worried he had been.

"We're fine Leo, it was close, but I made it here in time, we're both fine." I said, grabbing his face and kissing him softly. He sighed loudly after we pulled away and kissed my stomach repeatedly.

"Mi hijo, you scared both me and your madre today, we're so happy that your ok, te amo Thiagui." he said and I smiled.

"I'm so happy querida, you had me so worried." he said after kissing me again. I nodded at him knowingly and sat up slightly to hug him tightly.

"Dr Ramirez said there was some sort of poison, something chemical that triggered miscarriage, I was lucky to get here so fast." I said and he growled.

"Who had the nerve to try and hurt you, I'll kill whoever it was." he said angrily and I sighed and kissed him.

"All that matters is that we're fine Leo, it's over, lets just put this behind us amor." I said and he sighed before nodding. After assuring Anna that everything was fine, I was discharged from the hospital, after the ultrasounds. Leo was taking us to Brazil, and all the way he had his arms wrapped around me tight, protectively and I couldn't blame him for it, not now.

Before I knew it we were on the plane to Brazil and I sighed. It had been a long day, and it was nice to finally be able to relax and most importantly, it felt amazing to be with Leo again. I was just slightly worried about what happened, who could do anything like that to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 36

Happy reading!
xxx