Status: In progress

Half a Heart

A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve

-Maria:
Every since I met Araz at the stadium, I've been feeling suspicious, how come they were here now? I bit my lip as I looked at Leo's sleeping form, the last thing he needed was this, he needed to rest so he could focus on the game. Especially now that Argentina made it to the final against Germany, and everyone knew what a vulnerable game this would be, since Argentina had lost against Germany before. I sighed and grabbed my phone, I knew that the only way I would stop this, would be if I handled it myself. I went out to the balcony and dialed Araz's number, making sure that Leo wouldn't wake up and hear everything.

"Yeah?" he answered and I closed my eyes.

"Hi, It's me." I whispered, afraid to speak too loud.

"I'm glad you got the message and called me." he said coldly and I gulped, he had never spoken to me this way before.

"What do you mean?" I mumbled and played with my necklace.

"You know what I mean, don't play stupid." he spat and I sighed.

"Look Araz, I really don't know what you're talking about." I whispered, frustrated and he laughed.

"Jesus you really are stupid, I thought you were stupid when you didn't notice the pills I slipped in your drink in Barcelona, but I thought you were smart enough to understand this!" he bellowed and my eyes widened.

"YOU slipped pills in my drink, YOU almost killed my baby?!" I yelled as quietly as I could and he laughed some more.

"Why?" I asked and he sighed loudly.

"Because you've been whoring around and that child of yours is a bastard." he said and my eyes widened.

"Do you live in another century?, and how DARE you call my child a bastard?" I bellowed, this time taking a look in the room, making sure that Leo still was asleep.

"Right so I tried to kill your child bohoo, now you're still stupid enough to not ask of what's going on right now." he said and I sighed, pinching the bridge of my noise.

"You're not getting away with this believe me, now what is it you are so eager for me to know?" I spat.

"We want money, you owe us some of that luxury life you're living." he said and I shook my head.

"You tried to kill my baby and now you have the nerve to come and ask for money?" I asked angrily and he laughed again.

"Oh Maria, you're so stupid, I wanted to kill your child, not mom it was all me, in fact she loves her grand child already and demands to see him, which is another thing you owe us." he said and I just shook my head, wondering how I got into this mess.

"Well you won't be getting anything from me or Leo, and the last thing I'd want in my entire life would be letting you see my child, if you ever try to contact me again I'm calling the police." I snarled and hung up the phone before he could say anything else.

"Querida?" Leo asked as I turned around and saw him standing by the balcony door, his arms crossed over his chest, and he was frowning at me.

"How much did you hear?" I whispered and he moved forward and wrapped his arms around me.

"Enough." was all he said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you hear anything, you have so much on your plate right now, you don't need another burden." I said and he shook his head.

"Whatever concerns you and our child is never a burden, it's my life amor, now I want to kill him for what he tried to do with out child, but since I don't want to be in prison for murder, I'll settle for calling the police and reporting him, it's time for us to take legal action amor, it's gone too far." he said and I nodded.

"I won't let him get away with hurting Thiagui, I'll do whatever it takes." I said and Leo nodded.

"I'll have my lawyer fix that up, and if we're lucky he'll be charged for attempted murder." he said and I gulped before nodding.

"Why is it that I don't have anyone un my family that I can trust?, Araz was the only one who I thought understood me and cared for me, turned out he's a religious fanatic and extremely jealous of us, I must have the crappiest family in the entire world." I said and Leo wiped away some tears that had slipped down my face without me knowing.

"Amor, you have loving friends, my family who loves you, me and soon a child , I love you more than anything in this world, you'll never lose any of us, especially not me and Thagui, you don't need anything or anyone else, yes you're family might not be the best, but I didn't fall in love with your family, I fell in love with you, and that's never going to change." he said and I smiled before kissing him softly.

"I love you so much Leo, and I don't know what I'd do without you." I said and he smiled.

"Now lets try and put this behind us until the moment where we'll need to bring it up again, I don't want you to stress more than you need to, and I won't leave you alone anymore amor." he said and I nodded, leaning my head against his chest, hearing his heartbeat.

"Are you nervous for the final?" I asked him, completely changing the subject, and he sighed.

"A little, I'm nervous that I'll disappoint you, Thiagui, my family and the people of Argentina if we don't win, but most of all I want to win for you and Thiagui, that would be a dream come true." he said and I looked at him seriously.

"Amor, you can't put all of that on your shoulders, first of all you're not the only player we have to count on, secondly I don't care if you win or lose, I'm going to be immensely proud over you no matter what happens, and I know that everyone else will as well, Thiagui will be proud of his papi too Leo, I'll love you as much as I do know, maybe even more, no matter what happens, it's just a game mi amor." I said, looking into his eyes. He smiled and kissed me.

"Thank you nena, you have no idea what that means to me." he whispered thickly and I giggled.

"Hey, your birthday is coming up soon, you're turning 27!" I said and he groaned.

"Don't remind me querida." he said and I laughed.

"Anyways, is there anything special you want?" I asked and he smirked.

"You." he said and I groaned, hitting his shoulder playfully.

"You already have me silly, I mean something else." I said and he laughed.

"I'm not telling you, besides I'm pretty sincere when I say I want you, and you're already giving me the best gift in the entire world." he said and put his hand on my stomach. I rolled my eyes and he just chuckled.

"You're impossible Leo." I said and he just laughed louder. Truthfully I had been so wrapped around the problem with my family, and the world cup that I hadn't planned anything for Leo's birthday, and now I had no idea what to do. I guess I'd cooperate with Soli.

"You know I'm not into big gatherings, like yourself, so a quiet dinner with family and then some alone time for us including some of those incredible lingerie sets you have, would be gold for me amor." he said and I blushed at the last part.

"That sounds agreeable." I said and he shook his head.

"But is it ok if we do it after the final, I think it'll be a bit awkward before, because of all the nerves and after it'll just be easier." I said and he looked at me.

"Not if we lose." he mumbled and looked away quickly. I sighed and turned his head towards me again.

"Baby, we're going to celebrate the day you were born, the most important thing in the entire world, the only one who'll possibly think of your lost, if you lose, is you and I'll make sure to cheer you up before, I did mean what I said earlier you know." I said and he kissed me passionately this time and never replied, because we ended up not really speaking for the rest of that night....
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 38

Happy reading!
xxx