Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love has no age, no limit; and no death

-Maria:
I woke up in Leo's arms and smiled. This was the first time in a while that i'd woken up in Leo's arms, he's been so busy with training lately, and that made him get up earlier than me. Today was a big day for Leo, the final was tonight and it was his birthday as well. I was a little bit worried of what would happen to Leo if they were to lose tonight, I think he cares more than he lets on, and I have a feeling that it would crush him. I sighed and got out of bed, Leo opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up Leo." I said and leaned down to kiss him softly.

"Don't worry about it amor, how are you feeling?" he asked after we pulled away and placed one hand on my stomach and the other on my back, massaging a little, knowing that my back hurt.

"I'm ok, I'm getting used to the back pain since I don't think it's going to disappear until after the birth, I can't believe he's coming in four months." I said and Leo smiled brightly.

"Happy birthday amor." I said and he smiled at me.

"I know you don't want to think about your birthday right now, but promise me that tonight you'll let me celebrate you, no matter what happens." I asked and he groaned and I raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, I promise, but remember nothing too big querida, and thank you." he said and I smiled before kissing him again. He just laughed and shook his head. I got into the shower and Leo joined me, as always when we woke up together. We got out of the shower and I wrapped a towel around myself as Leo shaved.

"We need to get some clothes for Thiagui soon Leo, because I bet we'll both be busy with fixing the nursery in a couple of weeks." I said and wrapped my arms around him as he shaved.

"Yeah you're right, we can do that as soon as we get back to Barcelona." he said and I smiled, kissing his neck slightly before going out of the bathroom. I changed into a simple dress, we were going out for a bit before the game, it's been so long since we spent some alone time together, so we thought we'd be together today.

"You look absolutely breathtaking querida." Leo said as he joined me in the room and I smiled.

"I can barely see my feet anymore you know, and I feel as big as a house even though it's four months left, I just want him to plop out already!" I whined, I'd been feeling frustrated for a while now. Leo just laughed loudly.

"You're adorable mi amor, and for the thousandth time, you're not huge, you're beautiful and besides weren't you afraid of giving birth just yesterday?" he teased and I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm still scared, but I'd much rather have him with us then inside me, every since the back pains started I've been feeling more and more frustrated to be honest." I said and Leo chuckled.

"What makes it so frustrating amor?" he whispered and rubbed my back gently.

"I can't sleep properly because of the pains, my stomach's always in the way, I have to pee all the time and the hormones drive me crazy!" I said and Leo just nodded.

"I know amor, but it's only four months left, we'll make it through this." he said and kissed me softly. We went out to grab some lunch and just simply explore the beauty of Brazil, before we'd leave tomorrow. Leo didn't want to stay in Brazil for too long since the country unfortunately was known for kidnapping etc. We ended up having some lunch and then just walking around the area, not going too far. I grabbed Leo's hand as we walked around, taking in the Brazilian hot weather. We passed a local football merchandise kind of store and I squealed a little before dragging Leo inside. I had spotted a Barcelona baby kit with Leo's number on.

"Look at this Leo, it's adorable." I said and grabbed it from the hanger. He smiled widely and examined the tiny jersey.

"I can't believe mi hijo will be wearing this in a couple of months!" he said smiling widely and grabbed the babykit from me and went to pay. I smiled as we moved out of the store before heading back to the hotel, it was time for Leo to leave. We entered the room and Leo went to change into his match clothes. As I changed out of my dress and into his jersey, I saw him look into the mirror and frown. I shook my head and went to him. I turned him around and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Leo, I'm proud of you, no matter what happens, we both are." I whispered to him and placed his hand on my stomach. He sighed before kissing me deeply.

"Te amo." he whispered thickly after we pulled away and I smiled at him.

"Te amo con toda mi alma, no matter what happens, para siempre Leo." I said and this time he smiled widely. When it was time to go, he grabbed my hand and we went out together. As we reached the stadium and Leo was about to go inside, I pulled him close to me and kissed him passionately.

"Good luck amor, and remember what I said, I love you." I said and he smiled and nodded.

"Te amo querida, para siempre." he said and I smiled before kissing him one last time, after that he went in and I joined everyone else on the bleachers. I couldn't deny the fact that I was extremely nervous, and I really wanted Argentina to win. The game started and I gulped as Leo chased after the ball. There was nervous tension all across the stadium as no team scored, my eyes looked after Leo and when I spotted him, I bit my lip and prayed that Argentina would score. The game continued like this, and I could tell that Leo was starting to get anxious, as he kept looking at me in between the game, I mouthed "I love you" every time he looked over at me, to make sure that he was ok. Then the unthinkable happened, in one second, Götze scored for Germany in the 113th minute and I inhaled sharply. I could feel every Argentinian fan gasp and burst into tears. When I finally spotted Leo, I gasped and felt tears run down my face when I saw how heartbroken he looked. He looked as if he'd burst in tears any second.

I think everyone from that moment knew that it was over for Argentina, and as they declared Germany winners of the game, I rushed down to find Leo, I knew he needed me now. When I found him, I immediately embraced him and hugged him tightly to me. When he realized it was me, he finally let go and cried. My eyes watered once again as Leo cried, I couldn't stand him crying, it hurt more than anything.

"Leo, look at me amor." I whispered and he brought up his head slightly and looked at me with tears in his eyes. I frowned and wiped his tears away gently.

"I'm so proud of you baby, and I know how difficult this is for you, I wish I could rewind the game and make you win, but I want you to know that I'm so proud of you." I whispered in his ears and then kissed him softly. He placed his hand on my stomach and wrapped his other free hand around my waist.

"Te amo." he whispered and I smiled before pecking his lips lightly.

"I love you more baby." I said and wiped the last of his tears away before taking his hand and gently dragging him away from the pitch, ignoring all the reporters who were trying to interview him. As I waited for him to change in the dressing room, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, it was more difficult than I thought to see Leo like this. However, I forced a smile on my face as he came out and wrapped his arms around me. We made our way to the car and drove off to the hotel, Leo was quiet the entire ride, but held me close to him. I leaned my head against his and whispered soothing words in his ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 39

Happy reading!
xxx