Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Stolen kisses are always sweetest

-Maria:
It's been about two weeks since the World Cup and we arrived in Barcelona two nights after the final. Leo's birthday dinner didn't happen, or he didn't happen. I had fixed everything and got everyone over, he just didn't show up, he'd gone out and gotten pretty drunk that night. We had a fight over it and haven't spoken every since. I wasn't mad at him anymore since it had been two weeks, but he seemed to avoid me, and he slept on the couch every since we got here. It makes me a bit worried, what is he hiding from me? I sighed and waddled out of the living room, carrying all the dirty clothes that Leo had thrown around there and throwing them in the hamper. I had a scan today, and I wasn't sure if Leo knew, so I decided to call him. I dialed his number and bit my lip, we hadn't said a word to each other since the fight, and I was a bit nervous.

"Hola?" he answered stiffly and I swallowed deeply.

"Hi Leo, I have a scan in a few hours, do you want to come?" I asked softly and he sighed loudly.

"No, make sure to get me a picture though, I'll be home late tonight, don't wait up." he said coldly,then hang up. I gulped and sniffed a little, what had I done wrong? I decided to give Anna a call and talk a little with her, I needed someone to talk to. I dialed her number and plopped down on the couch, turning on the tv.

"Midget!" she answered happily and suddenly it was as if all the emotions I had kept inside me these last couple of days, just came out and I started sobbing uncontrollably.

"What's wrong Maria?" she asked when I started crying and I sniffed loudly as I tried to calm myself down.

"It's Leo." I got out after a while and she growled.

"What did he do this time, I'll kill him." she said angrily and I just sighed.

"He hasn't done anything, we just had a fight after the world cup final when he didn't show up for his birthday dinner, and every since he's been ignoring me and acting cold, I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong." I said and she sighed loudly.

"Maria, Leo's being a jerk, he's upset about the loss and he's taking it out on you, you've done nothing wrong and frankly I think you need to start ignoring him, until he gets his shit together." she said and I just closed my eyes and said nothing.

"We're having a baby Anns, it's not that simple." I said after a while and caressed my stomach.

"It doesn't really matter, he can't just act shitty towards you whenever he wants, and you can't let him walk over you." she said firmly and I realized that she's right.

"You're right Anns, but I don't want to loose him either." I said softly and played with my hair.

"You won't, even though he's acting like a jerk, he loves you too much to let you go." she said and I sighed.

"I hope you're right, I'll ignore him then." I said finally and got up to get ready for my scan.

"I'm proud of you Midget, and remember to not do things for him, let him handle his own dirty laundry!" she said and I laughed.

"Hey, do you want to come for my scan?, Leo didn't want to come." I said softly as I got out of the house and into the car. She swore loudly.

"He really is a jerk, especially if he's making you go to the scan alone, of course I'll be there, I'll meet you there." she said and we hung up. I drove to the hospital and as soon as I got out, I was surrounded by reporters and paparazzis, I guess they felt that they could finally interview me, now that Leo wasn't with me to protect me. I just ignored them and pushed through them, not answering to anything. At the maternity ward, I met Anna and we made our way to Dr Ramirez.

"Miss Tabrizian, it's nice to meet you again, I see the baby's father's not here this time?" she said and I frowned.

"No he had something very important to do, but I'm supposed to get him a picture of the scan." I said and she nodded. I changed into the hospital gown and got into the bed and put my legs onto the stirrups, this was routine by now.

"Ok, so I thought we'd do a 3D scan today, just so you can see how much he's grown." she said and I smiled, but I couldn't believe Leo was missing a 3D scan. Anna smiled at me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. Dr Ramirez applied the gel to my stomach and I grimaced as always, since it was cold. After a while we saw Thiagui. He was beautiful, in this scan you really could see everything, and it was remarkable.

"That's so amazing." I said and Dr Ramirez smiled at me. After she printed out some pictures, she removed the gel and told me to change. I changed into my regular clothing and went back into the room.

"Alright Miss Tabrizian, as far as I could see everything was perfect, and I'd say you're about five and a half months, going in your sixth, now your due date is hard to tell because most women tend to go over their due date, but if you were to give birth on your due date it'd be October 31st, I need you to start thinking of what type of birth you want." she said and I smiled.

"I want a natural birth, at least for Thiagui, I want to experience giving birth naturally." I said and Dr Ramirez smiled.

"Alright, take this brochure and look through what types of pain medication you'd want, and we'll discuss it next time, hopefully with SeƱor Messi present." she said and I nodded. We made our way back to the car and I took out my phone. I had a few missed calls from Leo, and I frowned before deciding not to call him, if he wanted to talk to me he could come home. I dropped Anna off at her and Xavi's place and drove over to our house. I gulped slightly as I noticed that Leo was home. As I opened the door and walked in, I heard Leo coming up to me swiftly. I just ignored him, taking off my shoes before brushing past him to get to the living room.

"Amor?" he said softly as he sat next to me on the couch and put his hand on my stomach. I moved away from his touch and he frowned. I was still hurt by what he'd done recently, and I wasn't going to forgive him easily as I always do, because if I do he'll just walk over me again.

"I know you're mad amor, but will you please just listen to me?" he pleaded and I just sat there and gave him a quick nod. He smiled slightly before clearing his throat.

"I've been torn every since we lost, and I've taken it all out on you and I realize it's wrong, I'm so sorry amor, it's just that I really wanted to win, to show off to you and Thiagui and when it didn't happen it tore me apart." he said and I sighed before turning so I was facing him.

"Leo, I told you that I'd be proud over you no matter what happened, and I understand that the game meant a lot to you, but you didn't have to push me away when you needed me the most, I could've been there for you if you had just talked about it." I said to him softly and he sighed before grasping my hand and holding it tightly.

"I know amor, I just didn't feel good enough and I didn't want to stress you anymore and risk hurting Thiagui." he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You've stressed and hurt me more by ignoring me and practically making me doubt our relationship, wouldn't that hurt Thiagui?" I asked him sternly and his eyes widened.

"Te amo mi amor, I'm so sorry, I know I've been distant but I'd never let you go." he said softly and I welled up again.

"But it felt that way Leo, you slept on the couch, never bothered to be home when I was home, you never answered your calls unless it had something to do with Thiago, how was I supposed to feel?" I asked whilst sobbing and Leo frowned before hugging me tightly to him.

"I've lost so much in my life Leo, I don't think I can handle loosing you to." I whispered between crying and he just held me tighter to him.

"I'm so sorry amor, I've been a jerk, you won't lose me, I swear." he whispered and I just buried my head in his chest. After a while I pulled away and Leo wiped the tears away from my face. I sighed before grabbing my bag and taking out the picture.

"You missed this when you were busy being a jerk today." I told him stiffly and got out of the living room, leaving him with the picture of Thiagui.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 40!

Happy reading!
xxx