Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love is a game that two can play and both win

-Maria:
It's been two days since Leo apologized and I still haven't spoken to him. When he saw the scan, he was shocked and didn't say anything. Now he doesn't sleep on the couch anymore, but I keep my distance. I'm not really that mad anymore, it's more that I want him to know that he can't walk over me and expect me to forgive him soon. My dad always used to tell me that a relationship without fights isn't natural, a relationship without fights mean that someone's hiding something. So, I guess it's good to fight a little, although this was possibly the second fight, the first one being when I told him I was pregnant. I sighed and shook my head, the thing that probably hurt the most was the fact that he didn't want to come to the scan, I could handle him being mad at me , but it hurt to see him take it out on Thiago. I made my way into the kitchen and started to prepare lunch, suddenly Leo cleared his throat.

"How long are you going to push me away querida?" he asked and gently put his arms around me. I sighed and looked at him.

"You know I can't stay mad at you for long, but I want you to know that you just can't walk all over me and expect to get away with it every time." I said softly, looking down and not meeting his eyes. He gently pushed my head up and looked me in the eyes.

"I know amor, I've been a jerk and I'm so sorry, not only for hurting you, but also for not being there for the scan, the picture of our Thiagui left me speechless and I so wish I was there for the full scan." he said and I smiled a little before kissing him softly.

"Next time you feel bad, just talk to me, don't push me away because hombre, next time I won't let you walk over me." I said and he smiled widely before spinning me around gently.

"I promise nena." he said and kissed me passionately. After pulling away I remembered what Dr Ramirez had said.

"We need to start making decisions about the birth Leo." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What decisions?" he asked and I chuckled.

"Things like what type of birth, and if we want any pain medication." I said and he smiled widely when he got it.

"You're giving birth mi amor, I want you to pick the most comfortable one, I don't want you in pain." he said and I smiled.

"I knew you'd say that, but I'm not opting for a c-section amor." I said and his eyes widened.

"Why not amor?, I don't want to see you in the pain that comes with natural birth." he said and I just chuckled.

"Because it's my first time giving birth, I want it to be as natural as possible, I want to experience everything." I said and he laughed before nodding.

"In the end it's your decision mi amor, I'll be there no matter what, now how about the pain medication?" he asked curiously and I smiled.

"The natural things are the walking, sitting in a tub thing, and then there's this weird gas thing that's pretty harmless, and then it's the epidural, which I want to avoid, since it could possibly damage Thiago." I said and Leo raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by damage?" he asked curiously and put his hand on my knee.

"I'm not too sure on exactly what kind of damage, and the chances are pretty minimal, I just don't want to risk anything." I said and he smiled.

"You're going to be a great madre mi amor." he whispered and I smiled.

"And you're going to be a great papa Leo." I said and he just smiled back at me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Querida?" Leo asked suddenly, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Yes?" I answered back and moved so I could look him in the eyes.

"Would you like to set a date for our wedding?, I don't know how you feel, but I want to be with you in every way possible, marriage is the next step." he said softly and looked at me shyly. I smiled and pecked his lips tenderly.

"I can't wait to be your wife Leo, but promise me one thing?" I asked and he smiled widely before raising an eyebrow at my question.

"Anything, mi amor." he breathed out and planted kisses along my neck.

"I don't want to get married with this huge stomach, besides it'd be great to have Thiagui there as well." I said and he laughed.

"Of course mi amor, I wasn't thinking anything else. " he said and I smiled.

"Would you mind getting married in Rosario?" he asked softly and I shook my head.

"No Leo, I'd love it." I said and he smiled.

"So how about sometime next summer?" he asked and I nodded. We spent the rest of the night, just talking and being together. I had missed being close to him so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 41

Happy reading!
xxx