Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction

-Maria:
Things have been improving between me and Leo and I'm now about eight months along. I was now officially not allowed to travel, and according to Dr Ramirez, it wasn't so much left of my pregnancy. I'm huge and now I definitely can't see my feet, my back pains have increased and I find myself having to pee a lot more. I was definitely tired of being pregnant, and I couldn't wait for Thiagui to come. The moment we found out I couldn't travel anymore, Leo told his family and now they're all heading over to Barcelona a couple of days before my due date. Leo had also been extra protective these past few weeks, and he's also extremely excited. Today we were going to get some clothes for Thiagui, very last minute. I brushed through my hair before putting on clothes and heading out of the bedroom.

"How are you feeling mi amor?" Leo asked as soon as he saw me.

"Very pregnant." I said and he laughed before wrapping this arms around me, helping me to the car. Lately it has been difficult to sit down and get up from places, so Leo had to help me.

"It's not much left querida." he said excitedly, smiling at me.

"Yeah, soon we'll have our little guy with us." I said and Leo laughed.

"I can't wait to see him." he whispered softly and I smiled before kissing him. When we got to the mall, Leo helped me out again and then wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked in to the mall. We immediately entered a store where they sold baby clothes and headed for the boys section. Leo grinned widely when he spotted the tiny socks and bibs, before heading that way. I rolled my eyes and looked through the clothes, now that we knew we were having a boy, it was easier then last time, when it came to picking clothes. I picked up some cute jeans and sweaters before joining Leo, who was piling up socks into the basket. I laughed and put the things I picked up in the basket before kissing him softly.

"I think that's enough socks to last him a lifetime, amor." I teased and Leo laughed.

"You can never have enough socks." he replied, making me laugh loudly. After picking some more socks and some bibs, Leo grabbed my hand and dragged me to the clothes, where he picked out a bunch of things and threw them in the basket. After spending about two hours in the store, we paid for the clothes and left the store, with Leo carrying multiple bags of clothes for Thiago. We drove back home and had lunch. We spent the rest of the day, painting the nursery, fixing the crib and sorting out Thiago's clothes. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we were done.

"Do you think you'll give birth on your due date?" Leo asked me as we laid in bed.

"I hope so, but even if it happens, I'll probably be in labour for a very long time, I don't think Thiago will come until November 1st if I do go in labour October 31st." I said and grimaced at the thought of the birth, I was scared since it was so close.

"That sounds painful mi amor, are you sure you don't want a c-section?" he asked softly and I shook my head.

"As painful as it'll be, I need to experience it, next time I'll probably go for c-section." I said and Leo laughed before nodding.

"So are you sure you want to have more children with me, amor?" he asked shyly and I smiled.

"Of course Leo, even though this pregnancy have been difficult at time, it has also been amazing, and I can't wait to have more little miracles with you, but you have to let me take a break after this." I joked and he laughed.

"Of course amor, and I'm happy you want more children, I've always wanted a big family." he said and kissed me gently. After talking a bit more, I fell asleep wrapped in Leo's arms.

***
It's been about a month since me and Leo went shopping, and my due date is in just a couple of days, Leo's family arrived two weeks ago and they're keeping me and Leo company, along with Anna, Shakira, Daniella and the guys. Even though my due date is just in a couple of days, I haven't been feeling any braxton hicks or any discomfort. Dr Ramirez doesn't think I'll give birth on my due date, but I hope I do, I'm sort of sick of being pregnant.

"How are you feeling today mi hija?" Celia asked as I waddled into the kitchen. I sighed and sat down on a chair.

"I feel very much pregnant, but with no signs of labour yet." I whined and she laughed.

"Almost every woman goes into labour a couple of days after their due date mi hija, there's nothing wrong." she said and I rolled my eyes slightly before smiling at her reassuringly. Lately everything's been making me annoyed, and everyone's backing off since they're scared of getting me angry.

"I know, but I wish he'd come out sooner, I'm tired of feeling like a whale." I said and she just laughed before helping me get up and dragging me to the living room, where Leo immediately stood up to help me sit down when he saw me enter the room. He wrapped his arms around me and gently helped me sit down, before plopping down next to me. I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"I'm so tired, Thiagui kept me up last night with all his kicking." I said sleepily and they all laughed.

"It's the end of your pregnancy, they always kick a lot when they're getting ready to plop out." Shakira said and I grimaced slightly.

"I wish he'd just plop out already, but I know there'll be loads of pain and hours of pushing until he joins us." I said, making them all laugh yet again and Leo tightened his grip around me.

"I honestly think you're so brave to choose natural birth without any pain medication, I chickened out when I gave birth to Lia, I had a c-section." Daniella said making me chuckle.

"Well you've already had two kids before that Dani, this is my first so I want to experience it all." I said and she smiled whilst Shakira raised an eyebrow.

"You are extremely brave Maria and you don't get it, I was going for a natural birth until the pain hit me, then I begged them for a c-section and you all know I always get what I want." she said, and I laughed.

"Well I don't think I'll demand a c-section, but I think I'm gonna demand for the epidural eventually, I've honestly never handled pain that well, but I'm hoping that it'll be bearable." I said and they all smiled. We spent the rest of the night just talking and eventually we went to sleep, and just like the other night, Thiago kept me up, but this time Leo woke up and just spent the rest of the night, talking with both me and Thiago. There was a glimmer in Leo's eyes whenever Thiago was mentioned, or whenever he touched or spoke to Thiagui, and I just knew that he'd be an amazing father. I just hope I'd a good enough mother, considering I had a terrible mother, I was a little scared that I'd end up like my own mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 42

Happy reading!
xxx