Status: In progress

Half a Heart

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear

-Maria:
It's been about two hours sine Thiago was born, and I've never been happier. It feels as if everything made perfect sense when I finally saw him, almost like my entire life just got perfect with Leo and Thiago. At the moment Thiago was sleeping in his papa's arms on an extra bred they had brought up. As I took a look at them, I smiled and my eyes welled up, they were my life and I'd go crazy without them. Even though I was exhausted and extremely sore, I couldn't fall asleep, I guess I was just so excited that I couldn't sleep. Eventually I fell asleep and I woke up to Leo shaking me softly.

"Siento for waking you up mi amor, but our son needs his madre." he said and I laughed as he smiled at me.

"Is my little boy hungry?" I cooed as I held Thiago in my arms and he wrinkled his tiny nose slightly before breaking out in crying. I kissed his forehead carefully and moved so I could breast feed him for the first time. It took a while, but in the end Thiago latched on and it was the weirdest feeling in the entire world. Leo was watching with a proud smile.

"How does it feel querida?" he asked whilst playing with my hair and watching intently as I breastfed our son.

"It feels a little weird, almost a little uncomfortable, but it's great." I said and he laughed, and leaned down to kiss me softly. After a while Thiago declared he was done by letting go, and I let Leo burp him.

"I think you'd better put this towel on your shoulder, just in case he spits up." I said and handed Leo a towel, he smiled at me before putting it on his shoulder and then grabbing Thiago, gently patting his back and after a while he burped, making me smile. After making sure Thiago was changed and fed, I took a shower, since the rest of the family were coming over and I didn't want to look like a truck just ran me over. After taking a shower, I stepped into the room to the most adorable sight in the entire world.

Leo was laying on the bed with Thiago laying on his chest. They were both fast asleep and I smiled widely at them, slowly making my way to them, placing a kiss on Thiago's forehead before gently pecking Leo'a lips. I plopped down on the chair and started reading a book I had with me, letting Thiagui and Leo sleep. After a while Leo stirred and opened his eyes. I smiled at him and got up to gently move Thiago from his chest. As I held Thiago, he made this little noise in his sleep, making both me and Leo smile widely. I decided to let Thiagui sleep in my arms, I had missed holding him. Leo plopped down on the chair next to me and carefully placed his arm around my waist.

"He looks like his papa." I whispered softly and Leo kissed me gently.

"He's like a perfect mix of me and you, he's preciosa mi amor." Leo said and I smiled. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Leo got up to answer. In came Celia, Jorge, Soli and the others, including Xavi, Anna, Shakira, Daniella, Gerard and Cesc. They were all smiling at me and Thiago, holding flowers and balloons. Leo joined my side again and smiled proudly. I got out of the chair slowly and made my way over to them, holding Thiago steadily, as he was now stirring in his sleep.

"Hi everyone, this is Thiago." I whispered, making sure not to wake him up. They all smiled widely and Celia moved forward. I carefully put Thiago in her arms and Leo came over to me, wrapping his arms around me properly.

"He's beautiful mi hija, and I'm proud of you mi hijo, for not letting this woman go." she said, looking over at Leo, who nodded and kissed my cheek.

"So how does it feel to be parents?" Anna asked as she held Thiago in her arms.

"It's a feeling I can't fully describe, almost as if my entire life changed as soon as I held him for the first time, I feel like with Thiago here with us, me and Maria are so much closer." Leo said and I smiled at him.

"Speaking of us getting closer, we've sort of set a date for the wedding." I said and they all gasped, Thiago also woke up and Anna handed him over to me. I held him close to me and got up, pacing around the room, slightly rocking my arms back and forth so he could calm down. I could tell all the new people in the room made him slightly nervous. When he calmed down, I sat down on the chair again, with Thiago resting against my chest.

"When are you two finally tying the knot then?" Soli asked and we all laughed.

"Sometime this summer, we're haven't decided exactly when, but it's going to be in Rosario." Leo said before pecking my lips softly.

"Are you alright with it being in Rosario?, what about your family that you keep in touch with?" Anna asked and I frowned slightly.

"I'm sure about Rosario, and the only family members I do keep in touch with live in Iran, and that's not a place I'd want to visit with Thiagui and Leo." I said and she nodded.

"Why not amor?, I'd like to see where you're from." Leo said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you serious?, It's not the nicest place to visit Leo." I said and he nodded.

"I know it isn't, but I've been curious about it every since we met, we can plan a visit sometime after we get married and Thiagui's a bit bigger." he said and I just shook my head.

"If you insist on going, then I won't mind but I'm not so keen about having Thiagui over there." I said and Leo frowned at me.

"Why not?." he asked curiously and I sighed.

"It's just not nice, considering all the diplomatic issues and everything, it could be dangerous, not only for Thiago, but for you as well, and I won't let anything happen to you." I said and he kissed me softly.

"Nothing would happen amor, I know you miss some of your family, and I'd love to meet them." he said and I smiled at him.

"Well we'll see." I said, I wasn't giving up that easily, I really didn't want Leo or our son to see what happens over there, especially how they treat women.

"When do you think you'll get out of here?" Shakira asked and I turned my attention back to her, smiling slightly at her for changing the subject.

"Well I don't know, but I hope it'll be soon, I really don't like hospitals." I said and they all laughed. We spent the afternoon, just talking and spending time with Thiago. About two hours later, they all had to leave since visiting hours at the hospital were up, by that time both Leo and Thiago had fallen asleep, and I smiled at them both. We had pushed the two beds closer so we could sleep together, since we were both used to sleeping next to each other, and we put Thiagui between us. I climbed into the bed and kissed Thiago's forehead before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 44

Happy reading!