Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Puedo vivir sin dinero, pero yo no puedo vivir sin amor

-Maria:
It's been about four days since the birth and today I'm finally allowed to go home. Leo's been here every day, even though the hospital beds have been incredibly uncomfortable, not to mention Thiagui waking up in the middle of the night. But this is a side I've never seen of Leo, sure he's always been caring and loving, but there's a sparkle in his eyes whenever he looks at Thiagui, and it makes my heart warm every time.

"Are you ready to go home mi amor?" Leo asked as he came out of the shower, his eyes immediately flickering to Thiago who was asleep in my arms.

"More than ever, how about you?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I'm extastic nena." he said and beamed at me. I chuckled and put Thiagui in the car seat. Leo grabbed the car seat whilst I grabbed my bag and we moved out of the hospital room. We quickly moved towards our car and I helped Leo strap the car seat by calming down Thiago, who was getting a little bit fussy.

"Shh amor, we're going home mi hijo, papi's just going to make sure you're all strapped to the car and then we'll go home." I cooed to Thiago, who just grabbed my finger and squeezed it, making me laugh. Leo finished buckling the car seat to the car and smiled widely at me. I took a seat next to Thiagui, and Leo sat down in the driver's seat and looked at me and Thiago from the rearview mirror.

"You're a natural madre querida." Leo said and I smiled.

"You to Leo, you've had this sparkle in your eyes every since Thiagui was born, it's beautiful." I said and he just looked at me before smiling.

"I really want to kiss you right now amor, it's too sad that you're sitting in the back." he said and I laughed.

"We're almost home hombre, besides remember that we can't do anything for the next six weeks." I said and he groaned loudly.

"Six weeks!, we've never went without it for so long, I don't know how I'll survive." he said and I just laughed again.

"It's not funny querida, I honestly don't know how I'll manage." he said as he turned up at the house and parked the car. I just shook my head and smiled.

"I can always sleep somewhere else if it becomes too much." I teased, knowing he couldn't sleep without me.

"No way amor, I'll manage someway." he said as I unbuckled Thiago and gently lifted him up, waiting for Leo. He got out of the car and grabbed the bag of clothes from the hospital, and wrapped his free arm around me as we walked up to the house. As we stepped into the house, I smiled and quickly took off my shoes, before going into the living room, sitting on the couch with Thiago in my arms. He was sleeping contently and I just sat there, watching him. Leo came in and joined us, sitting next to me and kissing me softly.

"Finally, I've been wanting to kiss you every since we left the hospital." he whispered after we pulled away and I smiled, before leaning in and kissing him again. After pulling away, we just sat there, taking in our son.

"He's so perfect and tiny." I said whilst slightly touching Thiagui's little hand, making sure not to wake him up.

"He's preciosa mi amor, I can't wait to see him grow every day." Leo said and I smiled.

"We should move him into bed." I said and Leo nodded. Leo grabbed Thiago from my arms gently and I went to get the baby monitor. When I walked into our bedroom, Leo had placed Thiago in the middle of our bed, with pillows on each side of him. I smiled and kissed Thiagui's cheek gently before placing the baby monitor next to him. Leo grabbed my hand and dragged me out, turning the lights off.

"I can't believe we're parents." I said as we sat on the couch.

"I know, it's incredible, we created life." Leo whispered and I smiled widely. Thiagui was our little miracle, and with him here everything felt perfect. I just hope things will stay this way, I still had a bad feeling about Araz and mom..
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 45!
Now this is a short one, I just wanted this out, since I have a ton of homework to finish, but I wanted to update at least once this week!

Happy reading!
xxx