Status: In progress

Half a Heart

Hay dos cosas que el hombre no puede ocultar: que está borracho y que está enamorado

-Lionel:
"What were you thinking hombre?" Gerard asked me whilst shaking his head, I just looked down feeling ashamed.

"I don't know, when I saw her at the café it was as though everything just stopped for a moment and all I could see was her, and I realized that I wouldn't lose her, no matter what." I said firmly, shuffling around the pitch with the ball close by.

"But hombre, she doesn't even know who you truly are, and you've probably scared her to death by creeping up on her all the time, and don't even get me started on that kiss!" Xavi said, disappointment written all over his face. I just sighed and nodded, sitting down on the grass holding my head.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" I asked them both and they sighed.

"I don't know Leo, it all depends on how she feels, and you need to back off for a while and let her decide herself." Gerard answered, sitting next to me and patting my back gently. I nodded and got up, we had an important game tonight, and I had to stay focused. But deep in my heart, I wished that she would forgive me and give me another chance....

-Maria:
This morning I told Anna about Lionel, the café incident, the restaurant and the kiss. She was really pissed when she found out about the kiss he forced on me, but softened up a little as I let her read the note.

"Look Maria, this guy obviously cares about you very much, he probably just doesn't know how to express himself correctly." she said and rubbed my back soothingly as I stared into the hotel wall.

"Yeah I've realized that Ann, but I can't let him into my life, my family would kill me and make me choose and I honestly don't know what I'd choose!" I said frustrated getting up and pacing around the room. She sighed and got up and stopped me

"I know, but can't you stop thinking about what everyone else will think and for once in your life think about yourself, what your heart desires?" she asked softly, hugging me.

"No matter what you do, you know you can count on me and the others, we're friends and we won't hate you, now lets get ready for the game and forget all about that Lionel, yes?" she said and I smiled, hugging her tightly.

"Yes lets get ready!" I said grinning at her, causing her to laugh. I moved my way over to my suitcase and grabbed my jersey and put it on causing Anna to smirk.

"Messi huh?, well i'm wearing Iniesta tonight and Neymar Jr tomorrow!" she said and tickled me, I laughed and pushed her away.

"I'm not even going to ask about those names, heck I hardly know anything about this Messi!" I said laughing louder. Anna just shook her head and got ready. After getting ready we went down to take a walk to the stadium, since our hotel wasn't far away.

On the way to the game we saw loads of fans also making their way towards the stadium, I grinned. The atmosphere's probably going to be incredible I thought as we finally reached Camp Nou.

After acting like true tourists and taking a couple of pictures in front of the stadium, we made our way inside and went to find our seats.

"Where's your parents Ann?" I asked, sitting down and getting blinded by the amazing view for a second.

"Oh, something came up at work and they had to fly back home, but it's ok we'll go home in two days and they'll be there to pick us up at the airport." she said quietly waiting for my response. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"It's ok Ann, but I wish you'd told me sooner, however not a word to my family ok? They'd kill me." I answered and she nodded quickly. Turning my attention back to the stadium I sighed, this trip was really turning out weird.

-Lionel:
As I got ready for the game, my mind drifted off to the girl, she truly is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I shook my head at how stupid this all was, I didn't even have the chance to know her name before I acted stupid with that kiss. I sighed and let my mind wander off to her her a bit more, and I smiled to myself as I thought about how different she was. One of the things that truly amazed me was that she never recognized me as Lionel Messi, in fact she's been entirely clueless of who I am, and I like that. It feels nice to know that whatever she's thinking about me is genuine, even though it might be something bad.

I took a look at the stadium filling up with fans for tonight's game, and my heart nearly leapt out of my chest as I saw her. I'd recognize that hair and that smile anywhere. She was here with her friend and I smiled as I went back to our locker room, but suddenly I frowned. If she's observant, she'll probably notice me tonight, hopefully she'll take it good I thought as I let myself fully focus on the game. There was no way we were losing, not tonight.

-Maria:
The game kicked off and I looked around excitedly feeling like a child. Anna kept laughing at my reaction in between cheering for the team. I listened to her explaining the basic rules of football and I nodded, deciding to focus on the game for once.

I spotted Messi running around on the pitch and I decided to keep looking for him, since he's my brother's favorite player and all I wanted to see how he played. As I watched Messi get in touch with the ball, I noticed that he looked familiar. I brushed the feeling off as he scored and I cheered loudly.

"You were right about Messi, Anna that goal was simply stunning!" I yelled over all the cheers and she just smiled. Suddenly Messi was on the big screen and I gasped. It was him. The man that turned my entire trip upside down, Lionel. I felt my mouth drop and my eyes widen. This couldn't be true, did I really kiss and then slap THE Lionel Messi? Not to mention that he's been practically stalking ME out of all girls in the world.

"Oh my god Maria, he's looking over here, at you!!!" Anna screamed and pointed at the screen. I just sat there, immobile for what seemed like hours, staring at him, feeling weird. Angry, sad and happy at the same time? What has become of me lately anyways?

The game ended with Barcelona winning, and as we made our way out of the stadium I shook my head.

"Unbelievable!" I muttered stomping my way out Camp Nou.

"What?" Anna asked trying to keep up with me.

"Look, if I tell you this, you have to promise not to freak out, ok?" I said, looking in her eyes seriously. She just nodded and waited for me to continue.

"You know Lionel, the guy I told you about?" I asked Anna, she swallowed and nodded.

"Turns out his last name is Messi, that's why he was looking over at me tonight, he saw me and he knows that I know!" I spat out quickly and she gasped. The rest of our way to the hotel, we were quiet. Not saying a word to each other.

When we reached our hotel, I immediately plopped down on my bed, not knowing what to do as I stared at the note he left me with his number.

"What would you do Ann?" I asked sighing and rubbing my temples.

"I'd say it doesn't matter if he's a famous footballer, it's what you're feeling that matters, and remember follow what your heart wants for once, and don't think of what others will think, think only about you." she said before turning off the light and going to sleep.

I sighed, I wish it was easy to decide, but I can't even understand what my own heart wants. Somehow I both hate and care for him at the same time. What am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
So chapter 7!

This is the first time you'll hear what Lionel feels about this matter, and hopefully in this way it is easier to understand?

And she finally found out about who he truly is, what will she choose to do?

Happy reading
xxx