Kennedy Curse

introduction

John


Running? What did that even mean? What was she running from? Her hair was tousled and she seemed conflicted from the knowing look on her face. Her nose with scrunch, her eyes would squint, she'd lose all kind of interest in the subject that confused her most.

And here I was, reading an old note that had probably been written days ago - months ago, to be exact. She didn't like the tone of my voice that night, which had turned into our biggest fight yet. She told me I was dumb and I needed to get my act together. She told me I was a child that had no interest in what happened in her life. She even told me that just because I was making some kind of life outside of Arizona didn't mean I had to forget the people that brought me here.

My mind raced as I took it all in while looking at the walls of the beige room, paintings and photo collages of friends and family on the wall. But only one was left of her which was hidden behind a picture of my friend and guitarist, Jared. I had memorized the picture in my mind so well. Her hair was long and pulled back into a ponytail, her green eyes filled with pure enjoyment as she watched the entertainment around the campfire we built one of the days we decided to camp out with a few friends.

But now, she was nothing like my latest memory. She was beyond compare the most stubborn and most responsible adult in this place that I called home. I watched her take friends home when they drank too much, walk people to their cars, and began the greatest hostess with the best manners I had seen yet.

So what was so wrong with being with me? Maybe it was because my hair was longer and more tangled than normal. Maybe it was because my freckles were beginning to show the more I stood in the sunlight and thought to myself. Maybe it was the fact that my entire being was wrong for her.

Besides, I was a child and I needed to grow up. But I just couldn't figure out how.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!!!! I haven't wrote anything in a really really reaaaally long time, so I might be a little rusty around the edges but who knows, maybe something great will come out of this?