Status: active

I Want to Know What Love Is

4

Delia looked again. Indeed her right shoulder had been bitten. Ironically she felt no pain. He walked over to her. He placed a hand over the wound.

A couple of minutes passed before he removed his hand. The wound was gone. No scars. No blood. Still no pain.

What he didn't know, was that the wound had been laced with demon blood. That together, they would be bound by blood. She looked over where a puddle of blood was spreading. Crowley looked too. He heaved a sigh.

She looked away. "Cordelia, darling," he said softly. Her bottom lip quivered. She was trying so hard to hold back her emotions. She wasn't one for crying in front of others.

He placed a hand on her arm. She was warm to the touch. He rubbed his hand up and down her arm. She finally gave into crying. He pulled her into him.

He often didn't like emotional people. But she wasn't just anybody. She needed him as much as he needed her. "Shh, there there," he said rubbing her back. She quietly sobbed into his suit jacket.

After awhile, she stopped crying. A few sniffles were still heard. He kissed the top of her head. He pulled away then placed a hand on either side of her face. He gently lifted her head so he could look her in the eyes.

Her eyes were closed. "Look at me, darling." She hesitated but she complied. He wiped away the remaining lingering tears. "No need to be upset about any of this.

You're still the beautiful you. Nothing has changed. Life hasn't stopped because of what you learned an hour ago." She thought otherwise. "You never spent your life, wondering why you saw a gray wolf when no body else could.

You didn't find out at the age of sixteen that your irises turned an Amber color because you were seriously pissed off. You didn't suddenly become interested in sports six months after your irises changed color. Track, cross country, weight lifting, discus throw. You didn't become an orphan at the age of eighteen because your parents died in a car accident by a drunk driver. You didn't just find out, you're the chosen one for a battle that you know nothing about.

And you didn't just kill an invisible force and was bitten in the process. So tell me how there is no need to be upset about any of this." By now her pulse was racing again. Her nostrils flared again. Crowley moved his hands to her shoulders and squeezed them.

She felt a wave of calmness wash over her. Her eyes were still amber but her pulse had slowed. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. He brushed a strand of stray hair out of her face and behind her ear. She looked at his lips then she looked at his eyes.

Oh how she wanted to kiss him. Before she knew it, his lips found hers. It was a soft gentle kiss. And it was quick. But it relaxed her even more.

"Trust me, darling. You will be absolutely all right." He kissed her forehead. She blinked and she was home. He helped her to the couch.

She laid on it. He was about to leave when she grabbed his hand. "Please, stay with me," she said quietly. He looked at her. He smiled softly.
He lifted her up then laid down himself. He laid her back down and held her. It wasn't long before she fell asleep. He held her until he was for sure she was in deep REM. He had to get back.

He would return. She would need his protection. He wrote her a note, promising he would return. He kissed her head then left. She stirred a bit but remained asleep.

She slept twelve hours straight. She woke up to a note and a rose.

"My darling Cordelia,

I had to return home. Needed to take care of some things. I promise to return to you soon.

Crowley."

Not how she wanted to wake up. But it is what it is. She got up and got on with her day. She kept herself busy. Tried to not dwell on him.