Paper Cranes

Chapter Eleven

“Let’s go!” Jared smiled smugly as he grabbed the stack of cards and the remaining teddy bears. I chuckled at his excitement to leave the hospital but deep down I knew I was as excited as he was at leaving the horrid place.

I limped my way out of the hospital with Jared in front of me. He dumped the things into the back of the cab and waited for me to get into the car before he got in. There was a bunch of paparazzi at the entrance of the hospital already and they took the opportunity and snapped as much photos as they could. I was surprised at how Jared handled the press; he just coolly ignored the bombarding questions. He had directed the cab driver to a hotel in New York where he was going to stay for a day or two before flying back out to LA.

“Come over here!” he said, hands stretching out for me as he sat down on the hotel bed. I rolled my eyes but settled my crutches aside before moving towards him, taking his hands with mine. His blue eyes sparkled as brightly as his smile. He pulled me down to him, causing me to sit on his lap. His hand found the way around my waist as the other brushed aside the lock of stray black hair. He leaned in with the sly grin still plastered on his face and attacked my lips with his soft ones. I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttered as my arms wrapped around his neck and playfully tugged on his hair. His beard felt ticklish against my skin and I accidentally let out a chuckle. He pulled away, his eyes locked with mine. “What was that about?” he asked in a teasing voice.

“Your beard,” I said. “It tickles.”

He smiled and suddenly launched himself forward, his beard rubbing against my neck. I started to laugh uncontrollably as Jared dropped me on the bed and started to tickle me. I didn’t even know how hard I laughed except for the fact that I was running out of breath. He stopped when he noticed that I was gasping for air and was watching in amusement.

As my breathing gradually settled down, I glanced up to the towering shadow above me. He had an evil grin on his face. “Jared?” I asked in a suspicious tone, raising an eyebrow. I watched him slowly leaned forwards as I felt his body glued against mine. “Jared?” I asked, slightly nervous. His hand ran along the side of my waist and up to my shoulder before moving towards my arm then his fingers curled with mine.

“Ja-“

Before I could even begin, his lips collided with mine in such a force that it felt as if the air was sucked out of me. Less than a minute I was already absorbed into a whole other land where everything seemed to be floating around me. I felt his lips parting from mine and I accidentally whimpered at what had just happened. Mentally, I slapped myself for doing that which earned me a smug grin on his face.

“You look sexy,” he whispered and kissed each side of my neck. I felt myself blushed at the comment. He laughed at my bright red cheeks and kissed the tip of my nose before taking my lips again as my eyes fluttered shut. His body was still rested on top of mine as his hand traveled across my body. I gasped when I felt his hand on my stomach. He pulled away, looking directly into my eyes. “Too fast?” he asked in a voice slightly higher than a whisper.

I nodded shyly. He smiled. “Sorry,” he gave me a peck on my lips. “It’s kinda hard to control myself with such a beautiful lady like you in front of me,” he said, attacking my neck now. I let out a moan which made him stop to look at me with a mischievous smile.

“Someone’s enjoying themselves,” he teased, kissing me for the trillionth time that day.

“Have anybody told you that you are amazingly self-assured?” I asked with a smile.

He chuckled. “I tell myself that everyday,” he replied jokingly and took my lips again.

Five seconds later, I pushed him apart. “Is this how we’re going to spend our day?” I asked. He grinned and stared at me for a while before pulling himself away and plopped right next to me. Both of us were staring at the blank white ceiling above.
“I like you, Rowena,” he said suddenly, breaking the peaceful silence.

I turned to face him, laying on one side of my body. “I like you too, Jared.”

He smiled and tugged the same loose strand of black hair behind my ear. His icy blue eyes looked intently at me. A silly smile grazed his face. “You wanna know something?” he asked.

I nodded.

“The period of time when I was in a coma,” he began. “It was like a dream. One moment I’m revisiting my childhood, the next I was in a whole different planet. It was nice at times and scary in others,” he said. I took his hand with mine. He smiled.

“And there’s one point, I swear I heard your voice,” he said.

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“Seriously, I heard your voice. I heard you talking to me. I heard you cry. I heard you pray. But whenever I try to say something back I just got sucked into this world where everything was just silent and it felt like I was in the black hole or something,” he explained.

“Whoa!” I gasped. “You heard me?”

He nodded. “I know it sounds illogical but it’s true.”

“Did you hear anyone else’s voice?” I asked curiously.

“No.”

“That is strange,” I said.

“Maybe or maybe not. Maybe it’s a sign,” he said. “A sign for me to not let go such a great girl like you,” he continued with a smile and kissed my hand.

I smiled and felt my face growing warmer. He chuckled. “Do you wanna know another interesting fact?” he asked.

“Yes?”

“Do you know you look damn cute when you blush?” he said. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm gently.

***
We spent the remaining of the day in Jared’s hotel room, just talking and laughing and undeniably kissing as well. He was just irresistible to pull yourself away from. He was undoubtedly good-looking and had the most enticing pair of blue eyes. But he also had the soul of an angel, so kind and considerate. He was talented, hardworking, and loving. The best of all, I felt secure whenever he was around. He was like cocoon which wrapped around me, protecting me from all the strong gusts of wind and rain. Even when I was thinking about it now, his hands were around my waist, pulling me as close to him as he could, his head rested on my shoulder as we watched the news on the television.

I heard a loud grumble and turned to him. He tried to avoid my questioning stare but failed as he looked at me with a guilty expression. “Busted!” he exclaimed.

I laughed. “You know I don’t mind going across the street to get some take-away. It’ll only be few minutes,” I said matter-of-factly. He shook his head in protest just like a five year old shaking his head when being forced to eat a broccoli. “Then?” I asked.

He had on a thoughtful look. “What do you say to room service?” he asked with a smile. I looked around the room for a menu and grabbed it from the side table. I browsed through the dishes and the price. “It’s a rip-off Jared!”

“Don’t worry so much about the price, Ro. It’s my treat,” he said, taking the menu from me. “Plus, the food is really good!” he added and studied the menu. I sighed but agreed with him.

“What do you want?” he asked. I shrugged. “You choose,” I said. He looked through the menu again. “Caesar salad and fries and vegetarian burgers plus Coke?” he asked uncertain.

“Sounds great!” I replied with a smile.

“You sure? I know it’s a bit too much unhealthy food and all that but I’ve been craving for some fast food since I got up,” he said.

“Of course, I’m sure. And don’t worry I’m not the kind of girl who worries too much on what they eat as long as it’s good food!” I said which made him laugh and gave me a peck on the lips. He reached over for the phone and ordered the food. While we waited for our dinner, Jared had decided to take a shower first.

“You wanna join me?” he asked playfully with a sly grin as he leaned on the wall, waiting for my response. I shook my head. “Nah… I’ll pass on the offer.”

He pouted and flashed his puppy dog eyes which made my heart melt immediately. I swore the guy could get anything he wanted with that pout and eyes. I sighed and forced myself to say no again. He shrugged and left for the bathroom. It was getting boring staring at the tv for another moment, so I got off the bed and went towards the window, pushing the curtains slightly apart to look at the view outside. It wasn’t a magnificent view but it was certainly a great view. The New York lights were all switched on once the darkness had proceeded to take over and they blinked and twinkled brightly in the dark blue sky now. The headlights of cars were lining on the streets as there was another traffic jam. Pedestrians rushed to their destination, ignoring everyone which passed by them. I always had a habit of looking at a view, whether it was a nice one or an ugly one, and found myself lost in them. That was always a form of therapy for me where I could just escape into the big picture and leave my life behind.

As I found myself absorbed into the hotdog vendor’s routine, a pair of strong arms had found its way around my waist again and wrapped around it tightly. I could feel the coolness of his bare skin as I hold his hand. His lips grazed on the back of my neck and slowly traveled to the side. My breath sharpened at the contact.

He pulled away and rested his chin on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I could feel he only had on a wrapped towel. “You’re going to catch a cold,” I said.

“No. I wouldn’t,” he replied, giving me a peck on the cheek. “Cause I have you to keep me warm.”

I laughed at his lameness. “That’s so lame, Jared,” I said. He couldn’t help but chuckle too. “Yes it’s lame but it’s the truth.”

“You want to know something?” I asked. He nodded and waited. “You’re such a sweet-talker,” I said. He laughed and spun me around to face him. The sight of his bare abdomen caught my breath but quickly I turned my attention back to his face which was another sight. He smiled and leaned in for a kiss. As the both of us loose ourselves in the passion and lust, the doorbell rang. I pulled away immediately as he sighed. “Always interrupted at the good times.” He went to his luggage and took out some clothes before going back to the bathroom and slipping into the clothes. He came back out in seconds before opening the door for the room service, paid for it and tipped the guy before sending him off.

“FOOD!” He rubbed his hands together and stared at the dishes like the wolf in the story of the three pigs. I shook my head and joined him. Both of us sat on the bed and he started with the salad first while I grabbed a handful of French fries, munching happily away. He laughed at my greed and took a forkful of lettuce with a cherry tomato and raised it to me. Gladly, I ate the vegetables and grinned at him.

“You look like a pig!” he teased and proceeded with the burger.

“You don’t look too bad yourself, Mr. Leto,” I said, wiping off the stain of cheese on his chin with my finger. He chuckled. “That makes us two pigs then,” he concluded. I giggled and nodded and took my burger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updates recently, I'm on summer break now and there's no internet connection at my house, so I'm currently using my friend's. But good news is, I have already finished writing this whole story and I have a feeling a sequel may be coming up but I'm not sure about that. I'm working on a lot of ideas right now, being back in touch with the world of movies and tv helped immensely.

Oh and hope you enjoyed this chapter, I had a blast writing it! :) Please leave a comment, good or bad, it would very much be appreciated!