Paper Cranes

Epilogue

"You will be fine, Ro," Winona said as she peered into the mirror at the sight of both of us. She smiled widely; her now long ginger hair was clipped in a bun, a rose to decorate it. Her freckles still stood out from her pale face, she had on a light shade of pink lipstick and her v-neck cream white gown suited her alright.

She helped me with the ring necklace which she had gotten for me. Once it was fastened around my neck, I held the ring with my hand and smiled at the reflection. My black hair had grown over my shoulder now and it was curled and tied in the Arwen-style which I adored. A tiara with the veil was placed and clipped tightly onto my head. A bronze eye shadow was shaded over my eyelids and the black eyeliner had helped defined the shape of my eyes. Ruby red lipstick painted across my lips. I stared at the woman before me. She looked so different. So not Rowena Harris.

Winona held onto my shoulders and gave it a supportive squeeze. I was wearing the dress that I had picked out with Winona's help. It was a white halter-neck and floor-length, it wasn't exactly a conventional design but it ain't exactly the modern-cut either. It had wrapped around my body and as Winona said, "It shows-off your figure!" There were detailed sequins sewn at the bottom and sleeves. I ran my hands through the dress.

"Are you ready?" my dad came into the tent with a proud smile. "You look ravishing, Rowena," he said. Winona excused herself as she left with her bouquet of flowers. "Thanks, dad," I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You know, I am always proud of you, Rowena. You will always be my little girl," he said with a sad smile. I hugged him tightly. "I love you, dad," I whispered.

We pulled apart as the sound of the band playing was heard. He linked his arm with mine. We got out of the tent. There were the twenty-five people seated with smiles brightening up their faces as they watched the ceremony. The altar was decorated with daisies around it and rose petals were spread around the grass. The simple garden had transformed into a dreamland.

When it was our turn, my dad led me down the maroon carpet. My heart raced as I knew the moment was coming closer. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered wildly. I looked ahead, praying to God that I wouldn't trip on the way up there. And there he was, standing so confidently. A small smile plastered across his face, his smooth, sleek hair shone under the sunlight. It was still the same shoulder length hair but it was dyed black again. His ocean blue eyes glinted in the light, the flames danced merrily. He looked smart and elegant in the black tuxedo. Shannon and Tomo were standing beside him, grinning goofily. Three of them had a rose clipped to the jacket.

As we reached the altar, I felt my dad's hands trembled as he handed my hand to Jared. Jared whispered a few words to my dad and my dad chuckled before retreating to the crowd and sat beside my mum. Jared took my arm and led me towards the priest who stood in the center. He let go of me as we listened to the father.

"Rowena," Jared began. "When I first saw you at the club, you were sitting by the bar on your own. I knew at that moment that there was something special about you. And as we gone through all the highs and lows together, I knew that my gut feeling was right. I knew you were the one. The one that I will protect, the one that I will spend the rest of my life with, the one that I will wake up to every morning, the one that I will love. Rowena, you are my angel and you will forever be my angel. And I will never, ever let you go," he said, eye s never leaving mine.

I felt tears welling up on the corner of my eyes as the ceremony proceeded. "Jared, you are a very special human being. I was lucky to have met you in this life. And to be with you is beyond my dreams. When you came into my life, I felt joy, I felt happy, I could see the light in the darkness, I could see the burst of colours instead of the same black and white. Being with you, I have learned what life really is and how to enjoy and embrace it. You have filled the empty hole in my heart and I couldn't be any happier to be able to live this life with you for the remainder of it," I said as a tear escaped. I chuckled and wiped it away.

"Do you Jared Joseph Leto take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Jared answered, facing me, slipping the diamond ring onto my finger.

"And do you, Rowena Christine Harris take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I said and slipped the silver ring onto his.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

We were grinning at each other as our lips collided. His soft, gentle lips coaxed mine as I felt the butterflies left and my heart beat slowed down to a calm pace. The small crowd applauded. We pulled away and our forehead rested on one another's for a short while before we faced our family and friends as husband and wife for the first time.

I turned back to Shannon and he winked and gave me a salute. I nodded back to him. Jared took my hand and led me down the carpet, and towards the entrance of the house. A black BMW was parked there, waiting. Before we got into the car, I threw the bouquet of flowers into the air and turned around to see who caught it. There it was, Winona got it as it fell straight into her arms as she fell backwards from all the girls pushing around her to catch it. But fortunately, Shannon was right behind her and caught her in his arms. They were gazing into each other's eyes and something in my gut was telling me, there might a wedding sooner than I thought.

***

As I lay on the soft hotel bed, the pillow beneath my head felt so comfortable after a long and tiring day. The large duvet covered half of my body. I was supposed to feel chilly in this cold place, with only a silk night gown on. But how could I ever feel cold again with this arm around me. Jared was asleep beside me, his arm around my arm, his hot breath against my neck, as he snuggled close behind me. I could feel the tip of his nose against the back of my neck. I could feel his body against mine as we lay on the bed together, not as girlfriend and boyfriend, but as husband and wife for the first time. And everything felt right. Everything was perfect. I felt protected for the first time in my life. I knew if I fall, there would always be a pair of arms to catch me. I felt complete; the puzzles to my life had finally been pieced together. My fantasy had finally been turned into a dream come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it!!!

It's the end!

Hope you guys liked it! :)

There might be a sequel but still looking into it...