All the Things in Between

Prologue

I have a lot of thank Harry for, in reality. He was the one that introduced me to Adelaide. She was interning for their management and on the first tour we went on with the boys, and I might have mentioned to Harry, in passing, this beautiful girl that showed me where the media room was. Harry knew who it was immediately because she has been the gossip of the tour, and turns out Louis’ sister. I learned quickly that the Brit didn’t fall for boy band charms and had one hell of a swing, judging by the black eye Niall sported after a night out, and this was all before I met her.

So, I was thankful to him but at the same time I hated him. Hated his for even making Calum think, for one second he had a chance with her. In reality it was Harry and Louis teaming up trying to get them together, but she politely declined for a while and snuck away with me late at night. It’s funny how we used to be best friends, and knew each others bodies so well and now we can barely stand in a room together; I mean both Adelaide and me, and Calum and me. It doesn’t really matter now because I’m single and Calum is to blame, or Louis, or someone I can’t really keep track anymore. It’s like that moment, where everything you had been hoping for a striving towards is right in front of you, then suddenly it boards a plane, whispering goodbye.

I tried my best to focus on the beats pounding out of my bass drums as I looked out into Croke Park. What an amazing opportunity we had, honestly, and I was grateful for that but I still had this stinging pain in my heart that reminded me it’s lonely on top.

“Mate you were completely off beat that last song. Get it to-fucking-gether! “ Mike yelled as Calum addressed the crowd.

“Sorry mate,” I offered to him. His eyes shifting to the hair band around my wrist.

“Take it off.” He said rather sternly.

I glared at him as Luke started strumming the chords for the next song. I gave him a smirk and focused on the beats I needed to produce. I tried my best to forget about her, just for right now, just for this crowd of thousands and thousands but I couldn’t. It was really the only thing left of her after she went back to Doncaster. Louis offered her a PR role in his new franchise, the Doncaster Rovers and she needed the out. I think about it late at night, that the job might have only opened up because she broke down. I found her hair tie under my pillow one night. It wasn’t that big of deal but it was really the only thing she left behind, taking my heart with her. I wore it when I missed her, so pretty much all the time. Especially now that I got closer and closer to arriving in London.

I shook myself out of the daze I was in and focused on what I needed to do. The crowd was amazing, and the weather superb so things were turning out great. Once the song ended I knew the next song was coming, it was the one that really got me when we played it because it was too real, too close to home. Amnesia.

After the set I stormed off the stage, trying to get away from the nagging emotions and tug at my heart.

“Mate, I think we need to talk,” Calum said coming up behind me in the dressing room. We had done pretty well ignoring each other for a few weeks. We faked it through interviews and in front of management but behind closed doors it was ice cold.

“What about? I don’t have much to say to you.” I told him honestly.

“About Ad..”

“Ohh. You get to use the nickname now, like its yours to use.”

He rolled his eyes, he was younger but sometimes I acted like the child.

“We’re fucking flying to London tomorrow mate, you have to address your issues with me before we both see her.”

“So what you can run away and fuck her again?” I snapped, raising an angry eyebrow at him. I was usually a carefree person, nothing really got me down but that did. That fucking slammed me to the ground.

“Look,first you know she’s more than that,” he said balling his fingers into a fist, “And I didn’t know you loved her mate,” he said pointing his hand at me. “I didn’t know, and things just happened. You don’t just walk away from someone like Adelaide. You can’t!” He said shaking his head and running a shaky hand through it.

“Yeah well whisking her away to fucking Australia for a week and confessing your emotions sure made the situation a whole lot better,” I said, the sarcasm dripping from my words.

“I picked up the pieces you conceded arsehole!”

I pushed myself off the wall I was leaning on and went to lung at him as he stood about 30 feet from me.

“Whoa there boys,” Michael said stepping in-between us. “Now’s not the time or place.”

“He better watch his mouth, “ I growled looking at Calum. I watched as he folded his arms and shook his head at me, clearly frustrated.

“Did you tell her?” I asked him as Luke came over to help Mike out, standing between us.

“Tell her wh-”

“Don’t play dumb Calum,” Luke offered, trying to diffuse the situation.

“Yeah,” Calum said without any doubt in his voice.

“I will fucking kill you!” I yelled, letting my anger take over me.

“Stop it! It’s like we are on tour with a bunch of kids, having to babysit you two every time you’re in a 10 mile radius of each other. The fact of the matter is, you told her that you loved her,” Mike said pointing to me, “ and so did Calum. Guess what guys? She didn’t say it back to either of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! New story!

I am putting this out there to see if anyone is interested. If you are let me know and I will post the many other chapters I've written!

Thank you!!