Lonely No More

treat her right

Jocelyn wasn’t kidding about prepping her résumé. She sat at her desk on Friday morning, an absolute wreck as she made her way through her pile of work left over from the away trip.

Her phone rang, sending her a foot out of her chair in surprise.

“Hi Jim.” She answered, trying to sound like she wasn’t going to vomit at any given moment.

“Hey Joss, will you push back my eleven o’clock, I’m meeting with Sid and Mario at eleven-fifteen.” He replied in a friendly tone.

“Sure thing, Jim.” She said, bringing up his calendar on her desktop and rearranging his schedule. “I’ll call your appointments and let them know.” She said.

“Thanks Joss.” Jim really was a friendly guy, and for that, she was thankful. She hoped it stayed that way after his appointment with Sid. Time ticked away and before she knew it, it was 10:45.

When Beau came in, she really felt her pulse starting to pick up. He strode over to her desk confidently.

“Hey baby.” He grinned, making her drop her chin and give him a deadpan look. He leaned right over her desk, pecking her lips and pulling back with his big, goofy smile.

“Beau.” She warned.

“Everything’s going to go well.” He assured. “Sid and I got coffee this morning, talked a bit, and we’re meeting Jim in a few minutes.” He listed off. “It’s going to be fine, then after work, I’m going to make you dinner at my place.” He grinned. “You look beautiful today.” He added.

Jocelyn stared up at him from the comfort of her computer chair, dressed in a black to-the-knee, long-sleeve black dress with a white Peter Pan collar. She paired her dress with black, heeled ankle booties, pearl earrings and her coveted pink Kate Spade watch.

“Thank you.” She murmured, tucking a stray piece of hair from the braid down her shoulder behind her ear.

“Don’t worry.” He insisted, “I’m going to make it okay.” He finished. He kissed her once more for good measure before disappearing into the hallway behind her. Not too long after, Sidney arrived, touching the side of his nose with his pointer finger and giving her a wink before moving past her as well.

Ten minutes had never passed so slowly in her entire life. Their meeting with Jim, Mario and human resources had just begun and she wanted to be anywhere but near her desk. She also couldn’t leave her desk in the event that they called her up to Jim’s office.

When the phone did ring, she jumped a foot in the air.

“Hi, Jim.” She answered with her usual greeting to her direct boss.

“Hey Joss, mind meeting me up at my office?” He asked.

“Of course, I’ll be there in a moment.” She replied before hanging up. He sounded in a good mood - that was a good sign, right? She thought to herself. She smoothed down her hair and skirt, giving herself just one moment to panic in the elevator before appearing in front of Jim’s door.

She usually knocked, but seeing as they were expecting her, she felt that would be silly. Opening up the door, she gave a tight smile upon seeing Sidney, Jim, Beau, Mario and Tim, the director of human resources sitting around Jim’s office quite casually.

“Joss, come in, take a seat.” Jim encouraged, a smile on his face.

She complied, pretending to not notice the only open seat in the room was between Beau and Sidney, across from Tim and Mario.

“So Beau and Sid called this little meeting because they wanted to clear the air about a relationship between yourself and Mr. Bennett.” Jim smiled. “Mario and myself, naturally, take no issue with this seeing as Beau has laid out how this has really come about.” Jim said, gesturing with his hands. Though Jim and Mario looked at ease, Tim, from HR, looked rather displeased.

“Beau’s explained that he initiated all of this, that you didn’t approach him in any way that was unprofessional and that you’ve always maintained a respectable conduct.” He listed off.

“However,” Tim spoke up. “We have run into a situation as this before, and it is something we actively discourage,” he nearly interrupted Jim, which in Jocelyn’s opinion, took some balls.

“On the other hand, those were on different terms.” Mario replied. “We have certain policies in play for multiple reasons.” He said, his cool demeanor putting her a little less on edge as he winked at Beau.

“We need to be sure that this doesn’t become a spectacle, and though I use that word lightly, believe me, I mean it.” Tim said. “We’ve had employees who have consorted with players in the past who have leaked inappropriate photos, personal information and released statements about the organization that is for all intensive purposes, private.” Tim kept speaking. She could feel the heat crawling up her neck as she tried to keep up with all of the information that was being thrown at her.

However,” Mario interjected himself, flexing his power once again. “We have assessed based on not only Jocelyn’s work performance, but her personal performance as well as character recommendations of the highest account,” he argued, looking to Sidney who gave him a nod, “that these are widely different circumstances.” He finished. “And we are not going to take issue with anything moving forward unless a problem does arise. We’re not concerned about this affecting your work performance.” He finished, a ten-ton weight lifting from Jocelyn’s shoulders.

“Beau understands the risks and you will, too.” Jim said, crossing his legs. “We will be sending you some paperwork that you will need to sign just regarding organization privacy.” He said with a wave of his hand. “You are always welcome to approach Mario, myself… or Tim with any questions or concerns.” He added.

“I think we’re just about done here, right?” Mario asked, standing and stretching out his legs. Tim’s face was flush, still looking displeased as he stood as well.

“Expect an email from me.” Tim said before dipping out of the office. For the first time since she entered, she looked to Beau who split into a wide smile.

“That Tim really needs to take a chill pill.” Jim rolled his eyes, making everyone else in the room laugh – that is – other than Jocelyn.

“Joss, take a deep breath.” Mario laughed. “You’re smart, Beau’s smart, we’re not worried.” He insisted, “crack a smile.” He teased, making her let out a nervous giggle.

Glancing at his watch, Jim saw that it was creeping up on 11:45.

“Sid, how about you take these to lunch?” Jim asked, “they looks like they could use some fresh air.” He teased good-naturedly.

“Thanks Jim.” She replied, in almost a whisper. Beau hopped to his feet, a mile-wide smile on his ridiculous face as he ushered her out of the office, Sidney right behind them.

The moment the door closed behind them, she turned, throwing her arms around Sidney in a tight hug.

“Thanks.” She mumbled, “this would have sucked a lot more if it weren’t for you.” She said. Sidney laughed, squeezing her back.

“I figure I owe you a few by now.” He replied. “And I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think I was right.” He pointed out.

“Excuse me, I believe this meeting was so that you and I could be a couple, not you and this guy.” Beau spoke up, jabbing a thumb in his captain’s direction.

“I’ll hug you once we’re out of the building.”

- - -

The second half of Jocelyn’s day flew by compared to the morning. Sidney took them out to lunch to their same American restaurant they frequented after games before swinging Jocelyn back to work for the rest of the day. She was thankful that at least it was a Friday and she wasn’t going to be due into the office until eleven on Monday morning.

Wrapping up the last of her emails, her feet were bouncing in her heels as she watched the minutes tick down. At five o’clock sharp, she was pushing open the door to the parking lot. Frowning upon not seeing Beau’s car in the lot like she thought she would, she set off toward her little car to head home.

Nabbing a decent off-street spot in front of her building, she grinned as she spotted Beau sitting on the stoop of her building, two brown grocery bags beside him as his puffs of air were visible in the cold night air.

“Beau! It’s freezing outside, what are you doing?” She asked, tossing her tote over her shoulder and hurrying to the stairs. Before she could get another word out, he had an arm around her waist and his cold lips on her warm ones.

Jocelyn had never had the words kissed right out of her mouth before. When they finally surfaced for air, she blinked up at him with her wide eyes just slightly short of breath.

“Welcome home.” He grinned.

“Hi.” She giggled, making him laugh before he released her just long enough to let them up the stairs and through her front door.

“Beau!” She squeaked as he squeezed her from behind while she attempted to kick off her heels.

“You looked so beautiful today at work, I didn’t think anyone would blame me for wanting to be in a relationship with you.” He pressed a kiss to her neck.

She turned in his embrace, looking up at him with her big, imploring eyes, lined only by her mile-long lashes.

“Is that what this is now? A relationship?” She asked, her hands braced on his chest.

“You bet it is.” He said confidently, making her laugh again.

“I’m pretty sure I was promised dinner.” She pointed out, never having felt so carefree in months. It was incredible the effect Beau had on her.

“You’re right! Get ready for one Beau Bennett special.” He wiggled his eyebrows, causing her to erupt into giggles. This time, he didn’t miss the opportunity to taste her laughter on his lips, pressing his mouth to hers once again.

She couldn’t help but hear her heart skip a beat when he smoothed her hair back from her face, smiling down at her.

“Coming right up.” He smiled, pecking her lips again before turning his back to her and pulling items out of the two bags he brought over.

“I’m going to change.” She announced when he finally emptied the bags, searching for some pots and pans to prepare just about the only thing he knew how to make – chicken and pasta. Walking back to her bedroom, she stripped down from the dress and tights from work and changed into a pair of nice black leggings and a warm green zip-up. She piled her hair up into a bun on top of her head and took off her nice, Kate Spade watch.

Geno announced that he was awake from his afternoon nap, twirling around her legs as she approached the little closet where his two dishes sat. She filled them up with dry food and water before entering the kitchen where he was dumping pasta into boiling water.

“A chef at work.” She smiled, sliding herself up onto the countertop and letting her eyes feast on the muscles of his back working under his t-shirt.

“Truly.” He looked back at her with a grin as he set a timer for chicken in the oven. He had even managed the prep work of pounding out the meat and breading it at home before bringing it over.

Beau killed time between steps standing at the edge of her counter, hands laced around her lower back and letting his fingers find the small of her back under her sweater.

She hooked her hands behind his neck, rubbing the muscles there gently as the smell of pasta filled the apartment. It wasn’t long before they were seated at her miniscule table, digging into plates of chicken parm and sharing a bottle of chianti. Beau couldn’t remember a time he was this happy – after all that time and all the worries, they were finally free to do whatever they wanted – for the most part.

“Jim gave me a little warning about you.” He grinned, “told me to treat you right.” He finished.

“He didn’t.” She gasped.

“In Jim’s mind, you walk on water.” He added, “I mean, he’s right, but he’s definitely a little protective of you.” He finished, loving the way her cheeks blazed red. She shook her head, racking up a few noodles on her fork before taking a bite.

“This is really good, you can stay.” She commented with a little grin, making him laugh.

“I only make this five days a week, I hope it’s good by now.” He countered. When they were finished and feeling much more loose after two glasses of wine each, Jocelyn insisted on loading the dishwasher while Beau was instructed to go to the couch and pick out a movie.

Remembering her penchant for romance movies, Beau scrolled through her Netflix selection before settling on something funny and romantic – Easy A.

He caught glimpses of her moving around the kitchen from the small partition wall between the two rooms, smiling as he heard her voice talking to Geno who watched her as she put away dishes. She appeared in the family shortly thereafter, holding two appropriately filled wine glasses as she joined Beau on the couch.

Setting the glasses down on the table, she snuggled into Beau’s side, his arm around her shoulders and legs bent across his lap as he hit play.

Beau only made it about twenty minutes into the movie before he started kissing her neck, brushing her hair aside and letting his hand rub up and down her thigh.

“Beau.” She giggled when his nose brushed her earlobe, tickling her.

“What?” He grinned. She took the chance to kiss him, slanting her mouth over his and letting one hand rest on the back of his neck, letting her fingers trail over the little hairs that signaled he needed a hair cut.

Beau shifted them, pinning her down against the couch. He kissed down her neck again, settling his hips between her legs, hiking one of her legs around his waist.

When Jocelyn moaned into Beau’s mouth, he felt his skin prickle with heat. He slowly pulled down the zipper of her sweatshirt, feeling each notch as he pulled.

When he had her in just her bra, she arched her back as he kissed down her neck to her chest, running his tongue over the exposed flesh of her breasts where they met the satin of her bra. She shivered under his touch, raking her fingernails through his hair as he reached around and fumbled with the back of her bra. She restrained a giggle, a little thankful that he wasn’t able to whip it right off.

When he finally got the tiny hooks to comply, he removed the offending garment with a triumphant grin. His eyes feasted on the new skin, his pants feeling tighter and tighter as moments passed.

“Excuse me.” She said pointedly, tugging on his own shirt. He quickly ripped it off, practically popping off buttons. He went back down on the attack, but jumped and shouted as Geno pounced on Beau’s bare back, effectively terrifying the blonde.

“Shit!” He howled as the cat ran away, causing Jocelyn to burst into laughter.

“That wasn’t funny! He came out of nowhere!” Beau said, eyebrows raised and lips in a pout.

“Poor Beau.” She laughed, “scared by the big bad kitty.” She asked.

“That’s enough out of you!” He said, scooping her up from the couch and carrying her down the hall, trying his best to keep a straight face as she continued to giggle all the way to her bedroom. “You, out.” He pointed to Geno after tossing Jocelyn on her bed. The cat ran from the room and Beau closed the door behind him.

He looked to Joss, with her swollen lips, tousled hair and hard nipples. He wondered if he had ever been this lucky in his life.

“Pants.” She grinned, wiggling a finger at him. That’s when Beau broke out into his signature cocky little grin again. He maintained eye contact as he reached down and flicked the button of his jeans before shucking his jeans.

Jocelyn loved those tight little boxer briefs.

“Now your turn.” He said, walking up to the foot of her bed and reaching up, grabbing the waistband of her yoga pants and dragging them down her body. He licked his lips upon seeing the little red panties that covered her sex. “Red panties?” He asked. She shrugged with a grin.

She gasped as he kissed sloppily up from her hipbone to her lips again. The next few moments were a blur of lips, breathy moans and an abundance of flesh on flesh.

“Do you have a condom?” She asked, to which he looked at her with an arched brow. He twisted his body over hers reaching down to his pants and pulling a stack of foil packets.

“Ambitious.” She laughed. He grinned, tearing one off the chain before opening it up. Sliding the rubber onto his cock, her pupils dilated. “I ah – it’s um, been a while…” She bit her lip.

“Don’t worry.” He pressed his nose into her cheek as he kissed her neck. “I’ll go slow.” It was an exquisite feeling to have Beau push into her – filling her more than she had ever experienced before, making each inch feel like a mile.

“Fuck.” She swore softly, making him grin. His eyes nearly crossed in pleasure at how tight and warm she was, completely engulfing his length. He kissed her in earnest as his hips settled against hers, gently sucking her tongue as he gave the first pull, causing her to whimper in a way that made the hair on his arm stand on end.

He knew their first time wasn’t going to be a marathon, but he knew it would be a race to the finish. He sucked on his fingers, reaching down to circle her clit in tortuously slow circles. He loved the way she bucked against him, hands grasping at his back.

“Baby.” He huffed into her ear, the pull of her sex almost too much for him to bear as he picked up his pace, relishing in the sound of his skin on hers.

“Beau.” She gasped, “I’m going to – ” Her words were lost in his lips as he drilled himself, home, ringing her bell and causing her to spill over. Beau groaned long and loud as he came, seated deeply into her as she pulled at him, convulsing and moaning.

He pressed his face into her neck, breathing harshly as he caught up with his beating heart. Jocelyn felt every nerve ending in her body on fire, stroking her hand through Beau’s hair absentmindedly as she tried to focus her vision.

“I hope it was worth risking losing your job over.” He mumbled, making her giggle and bounce all of her good parts against his.

“At least I can tell Jim that you’re treating me right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hi everyone! so sorry for the delay! work has been busy lately and i didn't get much time to write during the holiday weekend.
so! beau and joss are finally together!
hope the length and the steaminess made up for the wait! so now that they're together, will it be smooth sailing?
who else love geno the cat?
have a great tuesday!
xo