The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

twelve

Hysteria
1. An emotionally unstable state brought about by a traumatic experience
2. A state of extreme or exaggerated emotion such as excitement or panic, especially among large numbers of people
3. Uncontrollable laughter or crying


For once in her life Evie's treasure trove of words and definitions could not even begin to cover the emotions that ran through her.

She was sat in her English Lit class, scrawling the words down which she would normally have used to convey a character's breakdown into a jungle of emotions and tribulations.

Devastated, betrayed, attacked, distraught and heart broken.

There words were scribbled in unnaturally messy handwriting, which showed the signs of her shaking hand, the notebook no longer held the sentimental value of stories there were now never going to see the light of day.

Betrayal (noun)
the act or an instance of betraying somebody or something


Over and over again. The paper ripped at the force of Evie' writing, the words then blurred at the dropping of hot slow tears and the blue ink pooled together in the center of the page making an ink blue pool.

In the end she couldn't bare it anymore. In a flurry of sweet perfume and the rustling of paper, Evie flew upright from her seat, grabbed her things together and without a word to her English teacher, she streamed out of the classroom, to the complete surprise and wonder of her fellow pupils.

The tears carried on streaming down her face as she stormed down the human empty corridor to her locker, where up arriving there she threw her schoolbooks in, but kept her notebook closed. She slammed the metal door shut and turned around, coming face to face with Andrew who was stood wearily behind her. He took her tears in with surprise, not having any idea what their cause was.

"Are you ok?" Andrew asked in panic, his hands flying either side of Evie's face, his thumbs gently attempting to wipe away the clearly visible tracks of bitter tears that had not stopped pouring down Evie's face.

Evie however did not let herself be touched by Andrew's concern, in fact it only went on to stir the white hot anger that had slowly been spreading in her stomach. She slapped his hands away and took three steps backwards, her back coming in harsh contact with the locker door, but it meant being further away from Andrew, and at present that was all that was desired.

"No Andrew I'm not fucking ok,' Evie shrieked, caring little if others heard her harsh and grating tones reverberate down the empty corridor. "What are you playing at?" She demanded from a startled and genuinely confused Andrew, who had no idea what she was talking about. When he voiced this a harsh and almost hyena like laugh emitted from Evie's mouth.

"Stop bullshitting Andrew, for god's sake just stop!" Evie shouted, the tears dropping so heavily now that they landed on the linoleum floor and the overhead strip light reflected in the small droplets of water.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Evie, you're being unreasonable!" Andrew said with a raised voice, something that totally went against his own character and under any different circumstances it would have shocked and possibly have scared Evangeline but right now she was being selfish, she wanted this to be about her for once.

"Oh so you have no idea how you ended up writing Bella a song? A song Andrew? Which says you're my reason for breathing? It says you're my reason for breathing Andrew!" Evie shirked, loosing all inhabitations.

"I didn't write Bella a song! Why on earth would I do that? I can't stand her," Andrew tried to reason with the hysterical girl who seemed to be a totally different person. Evie had always seemed to be one of those girls who knew exactly how much emotion to show and how to keep the reigns on the rulings of happiness, joy, hysteria and sadness. However at present she had freely given up all control and for once she showed exactly every emotion that she was feeling.

"Of course you wrote her a song! I read it!" With force and vindictive vengeance Evie ripped the folded up piece of paper out of the pocket of her white skinny jeans. She threw it into Andrew's face and watched him open it, with anger lining the corners of her mouth, that were when she was in the presence of Andrew usually turned up in a heartfelt smile. But not today. Today things were different.

Andrew knew exactly what he was going to be faced with.

It was the song that had been missing from his notebook for three days now. Panic swept through him as he opened the paper and saw the song that he had defiantly not written for the egotistical scheming girl, which fell under the name of Bella. Instead it was written for the girl who understood him most and who had put up with every strange turn of his in recent times. But this girl was ready to gouge his eyes out if he so much as dropped the wrong sentence in his defence.

"Evie," Andrew started to say slowly, but he was cut short.

"Save the bullshit Andrew. I don't want to hear it. How could you do that? How could you do that to me? I gave you everything, everything!" Evie shrieked throwing her hands into the air and trying to wipe away the tears with uncalled for ferocity. "And this is what you do…"

Andrew took a step closer to Evie and placed his hand softly on her arm. Her reaction was one that he had least expected. The palm of her hand collided with the side of his face and the sharp sound of flesh hitting flesh echoed down the student empty high school corridor.

Andrew staggered back; his own hand flew to the side that Evie had left her revengeful mark on. His eyes were wide with shock and incredulity.

"What has gotten into you?" He yelled, his temper and frustration finally getting the best of him.

"Don't you dare touch me," Evie hissed dangerously and holding her notebook close to her chest, she flew down the corridor in direction of the main school doors which she ripped open before glancing back at Andrew.

"Looks like you have to find someone else to rely on Andrew."

The words stung, almost as much as his inflamed cheek did, and Andrew sank against the locker wall trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. With a frustrated sigh he realized he had a lot of fixing and groveling to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too lazy to proof read. Sorry. Take it over leave it.
This should be done before part 20.
Feedback?
Kisses