The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

two

"Evangeline!"

The energetic calls from a blonde at the end of the High School corridor ripped the brunette out of her internal battles and thoughts.

Evie looked up from her timetable that she had been examining and glanced at the direction that the voice was coming from.

It was Bella. One of Evangeline's closest friends.

Bella was the perky one of the pair, always the more social one the one who made the connections and get them into all the social cliques. If you needed gossip Bella was the one to go to.

Bella ran towards the slender brunette and immediately threw her arms around Evie.

"How was your summer?" Bella squeaked in excitement.

It was the first day back after the long break of the summer holidays which for Evie had been just as eventful as ever.

Her parents had insisted on a cruise of the Caribbean and because there was little other alternative for Evie, she went along. It was the same kind of people day after day. Boring people in checked jumpers with coloured polo shirts on who's intellectual depth was about as shallow as a puddle.

"Same old same old," Evie said with a sigh and pulled her English file out of her locker.

Before she could even continue what she was about to say, Bella launched into a complete monologue about her holidays and how she had an 'amazing time' and swearing that it was 'a total blast'.

The bell was what saved Evangeline. With a small and practiced smile to Bella she pressed her English folder to her chest and motioned that she was going now.

"Oh before you go, there's a new boy here! He's really cute!" Bella squealed excitedly, her perkiness never waning.

Evangeline took vague notice of this, nodded in affirmation of the statement and with a fleeting good bye to her friend; she made her way down the corridor to what would be her day's salvation.

English Literature lessons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is nice.

<3